[ LEAK/Discussion ] Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications/Press Renders

Search This thread

Zaim2012

Aug 6, 2011
Sony REALLY started with the Z1. Until Z, it was rest of Sony Ericsson.

From S, we then had T, then Z, the Z1 and now Z2. Differences from the Z1 To Z2: Slightly better processor, another Gb of RAM, IPS screen, noise cancelation, stereo front facing speakers, slightly difference in design, bugger screen, newer Android version, to mention a few.

From Tablet Z to Tablet Z2 (I don't like Z2 Tablet, and I refuse to call it so): Thinner, lighter, yet same battery size and dimensions (height and width) Better build (Aluminium borders), Magnetic Port, way faster processor, another Gb of RAM, Triluminos + X Reality, to mention a few.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the naming scheme or the tablet it self ?

Ryland Johnson

Feb 28, 2012
Sony REALLY started with the Z1. Until Z, it was rest of Sony Ericsson.

From S, we then had T, then Z, the Z1 and now Z2. Differences from the Z1 To Z2: Slightly better processor, another Gb of RAM, IPS screen, noise cancelation, stereo front facing speakers, slightly difference in design, bugger screen, newer Android version, to mention a few.

From Tablet Z to Tablet Z2 (I don't like Z2 Tablet, and I refuse to call it so): Thinner, lighter, yet same battery size and dimensions (height and width) Better build (Aluminium borders), Magnetic Port, way faster processor, another Gb of RAM, Triluminos + X Reality, to mention a few.

Are we debating the same device here? Tablet Z and the new Z2? I can find no reference whatsoever to a Sony tablet 10.0 Zi?

Again on the Sony site the Z and the Z1 have the same screen with Bravia 2 engine? The basic difference is the processor and I don't, with respect, call that a massive update worthy of a change from the Z to the Z2

Can you reference this Z1 10.1 tablet you mention? Not on the UK site nor any European sites? On the Sony UK site there is also no mention of the "T" that you refer to either? S, Z now Z1 only.

Maybe other countries outside Europe, I am even more confused now?:eek:

Make no mistake had I not purchased the Z and was on the market for a 10.1 tablet the Z2 would be the one I would consider. My original point was Sony on this occasion have updated-tweeked the Z to the Z1 rather than developed a new tablet.

Ryland

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Are we debating the same device here? Tablet Z and the new Z2? I can find no reference whatsoever to a Sony tablet 10.0 Zi?

Again on the Sony site the Z and the Z1 have the same screen with Bravia 2 engine? The basic difference is the processor and I don't, with respect, call that a massive update worthy of a change from the Z to the Z2

Can you reference this Z1 10.1 tablet you mention? Not on the UK site nor any European sites? On the Sony UK site there is also no mention of the "T" that you refer to either? S, Z now Z1 only.

Maybe other countries outside Europe, I am even more confused now?:eek:

Make no mistake had I not purchased the Z and was on the market for a 10.1 tablet the Z2 would be the one I would consider. My original point was Sony on this occasion have updated-tweeked the Z to the Z1 rather than developed a new tablet.

Ryland

I first talked about the phones: From S to T, to Z, to Z1. Then about Tablet Z to Tablet Z2.

Gnopps

Aug 4, 2010
I've pre ordered mine, eta is 18th March :(

Am I right in assuming the magnetic charging port will be the same as the Z1/Ultra ?
Where did you pre-order yours? I tried through Sony's homepage in Finland but it gives me an error every time and their support didn't want to help resolve it.

Alfablos

May 13, 2013
Rome
Like many reviewers and posters have commented I would agree we have reached a plateau for now where we are operating to the point where the hardware is outperforming the software in terms of applications. Battery is the one massive hurdle to overcome.

Ryland :D

I totally agree, there would be no consisten reason to upgrade to Tablet z2 from z1. And I totally take your point about the inconsistent hardware request in light of the fact that there is NO app, as far as I know, which could even put a 2.45Ghz processor and 3Gb of RAM under pressure, also the GPU, slightly enhanced, is of no use as powerful as It is.
There's one point though, and here I ask you how sony behaves in term of long term updating (2 years? Just one?), a better hardware grants less performance loss over time, as updates come.
Again It won't be 200Mhz plus on the processor (Maybe 3Gb of RAM will) which will make a difference in terms of what I wrote up here.

There's a question I wanted to ask you: all the manufacturer always speak about diagonal (10.1 inches and so on...), but what are the real dimensions of the display, height and width ?
I don't know how many of you have the Tablet Z, maybe @Ryland Johnson can answer that. Don't mind telling me in cm if It's not your scale, I'll convert from inches :)

alexpraga

Mar 18, 2009
I totally agree, there would be no consisten reason to upgrade to Tablet z2 from z1. And I totally take your point about the inconsistent hardware request in light of the fact that there is NO app, as far as I know, which could even put a 2.45Ghz processor and 3Gb of RAM under pressure, also the GPU, slightly enhanced, is of no use as powerful as It is.
There's one point though, and here I ask you how sony behaves in term of long term updating (2 years? Just one?), a better hardware grants less performance loss over time, as updates come.
Again It won't be 200Mhz plus on the processor (Maybe 3Gb of RAM will) which will make a difference in terms of what I wrote up here.

There's a question I wanted to ask you: all the manufacturer always speak about diagonal (10.1 inches and so on...), but what are the real dimensions of the display, height and width ?
I don't know how many of you have the Tablet Z, maybe @Ryland Johnson can answer that. Don't mind telling me in cm if It's not your scale, I'll convert from inches :)

Ok, you know that:
X/Y = 1200/1920 = 0.625
or
X = 0.625 Y
(assuming square pixels) and:
X^2 + Y^2 = 10.1^2
Pythagoras, ipse dixit.

Just do the math a let us know the result ... ;)

Sent from my Xperia Z

Reactions: Felimenta97

Alfablos

May 13, 2013
Rome
Ok, you know that:
X/Y = 1200/1920 = 0.625
or
X = 0.625 Y
(assuming square pixels) and:
X^2 + Y^2 = 10.1^2
Pythagoras, ipse dixit.

Just do the math a let us know the result ... ;)

Sent from my Xperia Z

I did the maths but as far as I know the same screen can have not only other resolutions, but also different ratios... Anyway, here's my math :)

Sent from my GT-N5100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1393406417727.jpg
    1393406417727.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 279
Reactions: alexpraga

everlast716

Mar 24, 2011
I want this so bad! I noticed it is only releasing in the UK for now... Does anyone know if it will eventually be released in the United States?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Fenix2177

Feb 28, 2014
I'm very interested in this tablet but there's something that's really bothering me, the position of the audio jack in the bottom edge, my main use for a tablet is to watch films with earphones (so not wake up my wife...), while it rests on my bed side table on one of those stand up cases, but from what I’ve seen in the videos the audio jack is just where the tablet rests, so even with the official SCR12 case I can’t see how this could work, but surely this would be crazy so I really don’t know what to think...

Last edited:

Gnopps

Aug 4, 2010
I'm very interested in this tablet but there's something that's really bothering me, the position of the audio jack in the bottom edge, my main use for a tablet is to watch films with earphones (so not wake up my wife...), while it rests on my bed side table on one of those stand up cases, but from what I’ve seen in the videos the audio jack is just where the tablet rests, so even with the official SCR12 case I can’t see how this could work, but surely this would be crazy so I really don’t know what to think...
Couldn't you just turn it upside-down?

tel033

Apr 4, 2012
When will the pre-order start on Amazon us?

Sent from my XPERIA S using XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia Z2 Tablet / Sony SGP521 Castor Tab coming soon ;)

As per @Evleaks, Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Specifications are like this, it will feature Snapdragon 800 SoC 2.3 GHz quad core processor, 10.1" screen display with 1920x1200 resolution Triluminos for Mobile, 3GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage with external SD card slot, 8MP Rear cam and 2 MP front cam, 6000mAh battery, 6.4mm slim almost equal to Xperia Z Ultra, IP waterproof ratings and running android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware.

Via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/17/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-specifications-leaked-s800-10-1-hd-screen-3gb-ram-16gb-internal-storage-6000mah-battery-8mp-rear-cam/

Sony-Xperia-Tablet-Z2-Specifications.png

[ UPDATE - 18 Feb ] New Press Renders of Xperia Z2 Tablet and Pics have been leaked.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Press-Render-Pic.png

New Xperia Z2 Tablet press render pics and specifications have been leaked by @GadgetLeaks, stating Xperia Z2 Tablet weighs 426 grams for Wi-Fi version and 439 grams for LTE model. Exact dimension of Xperia Z2 Tablet is 266 x 172 x 6.4 mm.

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Pics.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked-Press-Renders.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-White-Pic-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Leaked.jpg

Xperia-Z2-Tablet-Waterproof-IP-ratings.jpg

via - http://www.xperiaguide.com/2014/02/18/xperia-z2-tablet-press-render-pics-leaked/
    It's here! Ask away if you have any questions
    I think he's gonna skip it because the real world advantages over the original tablet Z are minimal

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Which is basically true for every phone and tablet release for the last year or so in most situations.

Excluding a few that lagged behind in screen resolution(Samsung's Galaxy Note series for example), generally all tablets now are "fast enough" and the screen resolutions are "high enough".

Yes, higher than 1920x1200 could be a visual plus. But I'm sure Sony probably realized that for most people, it's more than high enough(I honestly can't tell the difference in quality compared to the new Galaxy Note's or even against a Nexus 10) and the cost increase it'd push would be more than what the market would bear for the device.

Much of the premium cost associated with this line is the form factor(materials used, thin/light build, water resistance) which actually drives up cost quite a bit compared to other performance oriented functions.

Most models are no longer going to be such a jump in capabilities that it demands a yearly cyclical upgrade path. I'm guessing closer to 2-3 years from here on out. Battery life is about the only remaining area where huge advancements are still necessary, but for most, the devices have reached an adequate level of performance(some users may still demand more and be willing to pay for incremental increases).

It's a reasonable jump. If it's thinner, lighter, faster and possibly a little more efficient on a similar sized battery, that's a big advancement. Plus the screen should be a bit improved in color reproduction as well.

I'm still very satisfied with my original Tablet Z, so I don't feel the need to shell out cash for an upgrade yet. Maybe in a year or so.
    But is the IPS good a triluminos display ? As they both am LCD if i am not mistaken ?

IPS is a LCD type. Triluminos is a LCD modification. Something to do with quantum dots and white backlight replaced by a blue one. It adds more colors to the range that LCD generally supports.

IPS and Triluminos can coexist. Such as with the Z1 Compact and Z Ultra, for example.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk
    Nice! Can you do some benchmarks (Antutu perhaps) and check for micro-freezes? Thanks.

Here in Finland delivery date is still early April.

Micro lags with the Xperia Live Wallpaper. Smooth as butter with a static wallpaper.

AnTuTo: 34492, Quadrant: 17335.