[Q] Anyone using torrent on Android?

Search This thread

imjunpark

Jan 16, 2013
Im using note3,0 KitKat 4.4.2, and having problem with my microSD card when i downloading via torrent app.

Downloading filed directly into my phone storage works fine, however, i am getting error whenever i set the downloading directory into my extSD card.

Used ttorrent,Utorrent Bittorrent apps and none of those worked for me. Both Bit/u Torrent showed me "Error : write to disk(check)", and Ttorrent showed me 'this folder is read-only, it cannot be selected'. (as thumbnails shows.)

Its weird because i can move/copy files from Device storage into Sd memory card via "my files(the basic app.)", and pictures that i took saves into the extSD card...which means i can write on there while torrent doesnt allow me download into the SD card.

is there any solutions on this? Oh, and im not rooted yet.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-05-17-16-24-48.jpg
    Screenshots_2014-05-17-16-24-48.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 274

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
KitKat brought a new security "feature", which does not allow any non-system apps to write to external SD card. The only way to remove it is by rooting. A workaround is to download to your phone storage and then, on PC, move it over to the external SD.

CorruptedSanity

Oct 7, 2007
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
I use aTorrent.

I think your external card went bad.

Mine did a few months ago.

I had a 64gb that one stopped working.
Nothing was getting saved to it (nothing could get written to it).
It
Luckily it allowed me to copy from it to my desktop.

I'm on 4.3

Welcome to KitKat. You'll find about a few thousand threads on this issue on XDA.

Google added new security settings to KitKat which makes it impossible for apps to write to the external SD without a workaround from the devs, or Root.

Stock has been changed to work (You still can't rename anything, though). Any 3rd party app needs to be changed by the developer.

Boiblu3

Oct 22, 2013
File Manager

Ive noticed once ive downloaded the file through Ttorrent you can go to the file manager select the the file and just move it to whatever folder you want on the SDcard. I just use the standard file manager.