Bootloop?

Search This thread

cirenj

Mar 20, 2011
My Nexus 10 has been acting up recently...the battery seemed to be draining A LOT quicker then it normally would.....the tablet would just shutdown in the middle of doing something. Fast forward a week or two, now when I turn it on it vibrates for a second, shows the "GOOGLE" logo and starts the boot animation for 4.4, vibrates and repeats the same. I manually formatted and flashed 4.4 (fastboot flash boot ...etc...) and still am getting the same issues...Any suggestions on what to try next?

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Flash the newest factory image automatically via fastboot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

cirenj

Mar 20, 2011
Just did that to no avail....same issue as before...Anything else to try?

It almost seems like it is not charging but I would assume I could still get it to boot up while connected to the charger....correct?

Last edited:

cirenj

Mar 20, 2011
Update....I flashed CWM and sideloaded gapps and a ROM...and tried that...still the result..."GOOGLE" logo comes up and then a vibration...then it goes back to "charging" (the white battery with the lightning bolt through it)

texascwby1836

Jul 20, 2014
Nobody has anything? Damn...lol

You said you installed cwm -- I assume you mean the recovery rom... If I'm wrong ignore the rest.

I too have had this issue and it was not hardware. To fix this I booted into cwm (the recovery rom I use on my N10) and reinstalled a stock factory boot rom. Just for those that don't know to boot into the recovery rom, power off the tablet, then press and hold the power, volume up AND volume down simultaneously --- finally, use the volume button to scroll to the recovery menu.

uDude

cirenj

Mar 20, 2011
You said you installed cwm -- I assume you mean the recovery rom... If I'm wrong ignore the rest.

I too have had this issue and it was not hardware. To fix this I booted into cwm (the recovery rom I use on my N10) and reinstalled a stock factory boot rom. Just for those that don't know to boot into the recovery rom, power off the tablet, then press and hold the power, volume up AND volume down simultaneously --- finally, use the volume button to scroll to the recovery menu.

uDude

I have tried that as well...I am thinking it is a hardware issue as previously stated....amazing...spend $500 for a piece of hardware only to have it die a little over 12 months later....talk about pissed off....

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I have tried that as well...I am thinking it is a hardware issue as previously stated....amazing...spend $500 for a piece of hardware only to have it die a little over 12 months later....talk about pissed off....

No shoot me a PM ..

Lets see if we can get you up and running again ..

If we do we can post what we did back here from all XDA users ..

Thx Josh

Reactions: demkantor

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
I am having the same exact issues. I too force flashed stock 4.4.4 and it still does not boot up. Any ideas on how to remedy this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Can you access adb? To check logcat while it's booting (and possibly find out why it's bootlooping)?

What did you use to format the partitions?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

cirenj

Mar 20, 2011
I can access adb on my laptop...and I used the "fastboot format" and "fastboot flash"
How would I check the logcat file?

michaelearth

May 27, 2010
South Dakota
Can you give more details about your issue? If its still about not connecting PC and tablet see this guide for help
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277112

The problem is that my tablet will reboot constantly and it shows my battery being fully drained even after charging it overnight. I'm able to force flash stock images to my tablet and this has not fixed the issue. So at the moment my nexus 10 is an expensive paperweight.

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
What happens when booted to bootloader or recovery? Does it act normal or loop?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No shoot me a PM ..

Lets see if we can get you up and running again ..

If we do we can post what we did back here from all XDA users ..

Thx Josh
    Buy it from where ever you find the best deal, open the back and swap it out
    Refurbished 33.38wh 8900ma SP3496A8H Battery for Samsung Google Nexus 10 N10 Tab