[Q] HDMI Cable (not docking station)

Search This thread

nunjabusiness

Jan 20, 2011
A really quick eyeball inspection seems to show the connector to be *very* similar to the apple docking connector. I'm kind of half-heartedly trying to fidget and see how the plug is modded to fit.

But above all else, I'm no expert. Just someone who wants to see if the plug can be tricked into fitting without wrecking my gtab.

Dan

"Tricked into fitting?"
Man, I hope you don't do your own auto repairs!:eek:

Seriously folks, the likelihood of a connector made by two completely different manufacturers having the same pinout is pretty low and just jimmying things around is pretty likely to ruin the connectors and possibly the device as well.

There is a thread about a cable in China being worked on, really can't imagine an off-the-shelf match, much as I would love to see it. Hell, my gtab would have a 32-inch 1080 display if there was.:D

h3llphyre

Dec 25, 2010
"Tricked into fitting?"
Man, I hope you don't do your own auto repairs!:eek:

Seriously folks, the likelihood of a connector made by two completely different manufacturers having the same pinout is pretty low and just jimmying things around is pretty likely to ruin the connectors and possibly the device as well.

There is a thread about a cable in China being worked on, really can't imagine an off-the-shelf match, much as I would love to see it. Hell, my gtab would have a 32-inch 1080 display if there was.:D

No one cares if the cable has the same pinout... that can be changed with simple rewiring. Just need a physical fit and considering how the chinese manufacture stuff, I wouldn't be surprised to find them "borrowing" parts from other devices.

lllooo

Mar 25, 2011
If the dock on the new T8 is the same as T2, there is a pic in the malata website showing that the t8 have a cable that connect the dock to the hdmi. If is true, it will be in the market soon.
malata.com/cn/pc/productdetail.aspx?id=531
New user... can't post link and pic

h3llphyre

Dec 25, 2010
I confirmed, the iPod connector is just slightly the wrong size. The pins line up, but it won't plug in, because the thinner position of the plug (the stepped part) is a tad too wide.

Next step, take it apart, look for a part number, and start researching.

xdzt

Mar 27, 2011
Does anyone know if that EE guy in the other thread ever backwards engineered the circuit board and chips inside the dock?

karlkarloff

Jan 2, 2011
Boone, North Carolina
I was just digging around and noticed that our dock connector looks a lot like the Zune dock connector. I don't have one to try, but if someone does, can't hurt to give it a go.

EDIT: Just did more digging...the Zune is only a 24 pin connector...nevermind.

Last edited:

Anglo505

Oct 7, 2012
$15 on aliexpress

Just got his cable - tested with Netflix on Vegan & it works. The resolution is not great - its a little pixelated, but I don't think that's due to the cable.

Search "HDMI Zpad Olipad HDTV cable" on AliExpress.com

kobhomye

Sep 29, 2010
I'm curious if anyone has used the cable recommended in the post above on smoothbean or dirty bean alpha and if it works?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app