[GPS/AGPS] REAL solution analysis thread (Jupiter Tweaks) - v006! - Froyo JI6

Search This thread

lstat

Dec 22, 2008
Branson, MO
Do we have to install all 3 files after extracting from the zip? And if so how do we install them?

/system/etc/jupiter.xml
/system/etc/gps.conf
/data/gps/secgps.conf

Each file goes to its respective place as shown on the first post, just install them with ADB.

Using 6 I am getting worse results, im not picking up a single sat. in LBStestmode or in gps test. Would changing the modem help?

DunDunDario

Jan 16, 2011
/system/etc/jupiter.xml
/system/etc/gps.conf
/data/gps/secgps.conf

Each file goes to its respective place as shown on the first post, just install them with ADB.

Using 6 I am getting worse results, im not picking up a single sat. in LBStestmode or in gps test. Would changing the modem help?

Same. But then I downloaded GPSRestore from the market and everything is working good now.

vaiol123

Dec 1, 2010
Have you tried tracking? GPS Restore doesn't do much of anything for many phones

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

simbill

Jan 19, 2011
Bergen County NJ
so i pushed two of the posted jupiter.xml files to my cappy running cognition and gps crashes every time it tries to get a fix.. that dreaded long vibrate and then two short vibrates..... cant seem to get it back. anyone know why? or anyone have a stock jupiter.xml file i can push back to get it to at least attempt a fix?

edit: i tried 006 and its working now. DOH! anyone still have a copy of that original? im an ass and didnt make backups of any of these files

Last edited:

wgarrido

Feb 22, 2007
Monterey, CA
www.mobilewill.us
so i pushed two of the posted jupiter.xml files to my cappy running cognition and gps crashes every time it tries to get a fix.. that dreaded long vibrate and then two short vibrates..... cant seem to get it back. anyone know why? or anyone have a stock jupiter.xml file i can push back to get it to at least attempt a fix?

edit: i tried 006 and its working now. DOH! anyone still have a copy of that original? im an ass and didnt make backups of any of these files

Try plumbob gps fix. It replaces all the gps files.

Sent from my Nook Color (zoom2) using Tapatalk

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
Backup your apps then reflash cognition 4.11.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

simbill

Jan 19, 2011
Bergen County NJ
Wow! All I can say is that my gps has never worked so well. Took a 20 mile trip with many winds and turns, half the trip using telenav (tmob apk) and the way back using Google nav. Kept me on the RIGHT road the entire time. Distances were measured accurately and turns depicted to what seemed to be accurate by the foot!

and as for the original files... after the test im confident i wont/dont ever need then again. but good point to backup and reflash.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Funny, how you can work with people on these forums and not really know much about the person. I'm a dude lol. Just weird having to state that :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Yeah, funny. Part of the anonymity of the Internet. Nice working with you, dude. :D

BTW...if I'm not mistaken (haven been to first page of this thread for a while), I think the Jupiter files is what started this thread. Go to first page, and do some reading there.

Also, at this point, I too don't really know what they do. I've just been willing to experiment with anything to improve the GPS.