[FIX] Android Calendar bug with Calendar Sync and end-of-month events

Search This thread

Milamber

Aug 2, 2010
Zeta Reticuli
google_calendar.gif

Hi folks

Might want to sticky this one... many rely on the Google Calendar for business like myself and this Google Calender issue has been well documented all over the internet with no apparent fix, so it might be worth making this visible for people to see. There is a bug with Google Calendar that some of you may already know about. I have tested this fix noted below and it works flawlessly on two different HTC devices.

Issue:

When you sync Google Calendar via any android phone, it will only pull entries within a 30 day date range, anything older than 30 days will NOT be displayed.. The data in your Google web calendar will display calendar dates older than 30 days (mine goes back to 2003). This issue was raised with Google in 2009 and nothing has been done about, there is a fix though!!

Fix:

1. From home screen hit menu and go to settings
  2. In settings go to Accounts and Sync
  3. Turn off the background update and autosync.
  4. Go back to main settings menu and go to Applications
  5. Go into manage applications
  6. Press menu button again and select Filter and then All.
  7. Find Calendar and select it and delete all data (it will warn you about losing all files just hit OK).
  8. Do the same for Calendar Storage.
  9. Go back to main Settings menu and scroll down to Date and time.
  10. Turn off Automatic and then set date to January 1st 2009 and hit set. (I tried to go all the way back to 2006 on my first try and it just kept rolling the date back to the current one)
  11. Wait a second and make sure date remains set to the date you selected. Then select Date again and select your desired date (should be before first entry on calendar.)
  12. Go back into Settings menu and select Accounts and sync.
  13. Select the Calendar to sync and then go into calendar to ensure its all there.
  14. Once it is you can then safely turn on auto time and date again and let all apps auto update in background.
Thanks to Wade for his help.

Last edited:
Reactions: scandiun

nforsans

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK
thanks, will give it a try. I must admit I never had any problem syncing my calendar since 2001 while using HTC roms. The problem only occurs using non-sense roms for which it would only sync the past 30 days.
Why does it affect non-sense roms only?

Milamber

Aug 2, 2010
Zeta Reticuli
thanks, will give it a try. I must admit I never had any problem syncing my calendar since 2001 while using HTC roms. The problem only occurs using non-sense roms for which it would only sync the past 30 days.
Why does it affect non-sense roms only?

This effects everyone, regardless of the ROM Sense or none Sense. Here are the tickets to Google...

Android Calendar bug with Calendar Sync and end-of-month events
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3672
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google%20Mobile/thread?tid=4d54201a9dff8730&hl=en
http://www.google.la/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=6d1605a796be89fd&hl=en
http://www.google.td/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=37379484ae8fb31d&hl=en

nforsans

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK
Thanks - that's odd cause I did not experience the problem on my hero and desire until I started using a non-Sense ROM a few weeks ago - i've had my full calendar since 2001 on both devices until a few weeks ago!
By the way the trick did not work - my exchange server refused to synchronise my calendar when i set a date that did not match the date on the server...

nforsans

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK
given the lack of interest of others for this thread it sounds like only a minority of users are experiencing the problem - as i wrote earlier, i did not experience it in 3 years of running Android on various devices until I rooted my desire and installed a non-sense froyo rom. My calendar went back to 2001, and I could sync them all with my android devices until recently.

btw I have not seen many threads about the problem on xda either....

Milamber

Aug 2, 2010
Zeta Reticuli
given the lack of interest of others for this thread it sounds like only a minority of users are experiencing the problem - as i wrote earlier, i did not experience it in 3 years of running Android on various devices until I rooted my desire and installed a non-sense froyo rom. My calendar went back to 2001, and I could sync them all with my android devices until recently.

btw I have not seen many threads about the problem on xda either....

Interesting... point.

I only noticed this after I rooted as well. I guess the people that experienced this in the links I provided above must have rooted their phones too. Anyway, this thread is here for those that need to reflect back on previous appointments that aren't visible.

supervine

Dec 26, 2010
Doesn't work on my I9000

Sync sign appear just for a few sec and then disappears. On Calendar Storage just 40K of data seems to be downloaded instead of several MB (full of events from 2004)...

nforsans

Jul 23, 2005
London, UK
i tried it but it won't work for me

any other solution?
i really need more than 30 days

The only fix is to install a HTC rom and you'll get all your appointments back... sorry for not being any more helpful. I must admit this is an issue I have experienced with all non-htc roms on all my devices, from the hero to the desire and my Asus eeepad transformer

Fox75

Jun 8, 2008
did not work

Hi,

I have an HTC Sensation XE, but this trick did not work... any other idea?

Where the limitation is coming from ?
- the server side or device side.. if it is device side it could be that somebody would be able to implement something where we could chose the timeframe for sync (like the gSyncIt tool for outlook)

Thanks

petersteier

Aug 9, 2010
Does also happen at devices which are not rooted

I'm tired of posts blaming rooting of devices for every bug in Android. My brand new (December) Galxay Note is not rooted (yet) and it does not sync events from November. However, many missing basic features (e.g. a bitwise backup of the internal flash, like nandroid) in Android make living without rooting very dangerous: On my old, rooted Milestone 1, the system corrupted itself several times, and I could restore with Nandroid. Many (payed) apps after some time destroyed themselves with "updates", and I could roll back with Titanium.

Last edited:

badgertheman

Nov 26, 2008
CalenGoo to the rescue

While I love a technological fight as much as the next guy, this syncing issue with Google Calendar and Android phones is a waste of flipping time.

Yes I know that Google's calendar sync works for some people, some of the time.

Yes, I know theirs is built in... and used to work... and should work... and Google is being a butt for not getting it resolved.

But sorry -- it's time to get back to work.

Following the suggestion of a post earlier in this thread, I installed CalenGoo and all this cr@p is far, far behind me.

Installed, configured and synced perfectly in about 5 minutes.

I don't work for CalenGoo, don't know anyone who does -- don't get nuthin' for mentioning it. But give it a whirl -- and when you see how quickly it works, you'll be triply pi$$ed at Google.

(f-it -- I'm to new to post URLs, so just search Calengoo in the store)

bskarpa

Nov 28, 2011
Houston
Worked on my rooted Note 3

Thanks!!! This worked on my rooted Note 3 but can not get it to work on my Note Edge. When syncing NE it gives the red indicator failed to sync.

rabosajr

Nov 7, 2018
It worked, PARTLY. All my Google calendar entries from the beginning (2009) are now synced with my phones. However, when I do a search for particular entries it cannot only find entries beginning November, 2017 not anything earlier.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    google_calendar.gif

Hi folks

Might want to sticky this one... many rely on the Google Calendar for business like myself and this Google Calender issue has been well documented all over the internet with no apparent fix, so it might be worth making this visible for people to see. There is a bug with Google Calendar that some of you may already know about. I have tested this fix noted below and it works flawlessly on two different HTC devices.

Issue:

When you sync Google Calendar via any android phone, it will only pull entries within a 30 day date range, anything older than 30 days will NOT be displayed.. The data in your Google web calendar will display calendar dates older than 30 days (mine goes back to 2003). This issue was raised with Google in 2009 and nothing has been done about, there is a fix though!!

Fix:

1. From home screen hit menu and go to settings
    2. In settings go to Accounts and Sync
    3. Turn off the background update and autosync.
    4. Go back to main settings menu and go to Applications
    5. Go into manage applications
    6. Press menu button again and select Filter and then All.
    7. Find Calendar and select it and delete all data (it will warn you about losing all files just hit OK).
    8. Do the same for Calendar Storage.
    9. Go back to main Settings menu and scroll down to Date and time.
    10. Turn off Automatic and then set date to January 1st 2009 and hit set. (I tried to go all the way back to 2006 on my first try and it just kept rolling the date back to the current one)
    11. Wait a second and make sure date remains set to the date you selected. Then select Date again and select your desired date (should be before first entry on calendar.)
    12. Go back into Settings menu and select Accounts and sync.
    13. Select the Calendar to sync and then go into calendar to ensure its all there.
    14. Once it is you can then safely turn on auto time and date again and let all apps auto update in background.
    Thanks to Wade for his help.