• No - I'm afraid to damage the phone

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • No - I don't need an extended battery for HTC One

Votes: 32 25.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

okishead

May 20, 2011
I have just come across this interesting Poll on facebook concerning the replacement of internal batteries on HTC One Series with extended batteries.
https://www.facebook.com/questions/10150675611462172/
Apparently Mugen is planning to produce extended batteries for internal battery phones as well and supply an intrusion manual for users on how to open the phone and replace the internal battery.
What do you think??
Vote the Poll here or on facebook and we can discuss the issues in a meanwhile!!

Last edited:

droidobzen

Apr 12, 2012
On facebook 55 voters voted with yes - open yourself!! and like 7 voters in total selected other options!!
I cannot wait to get the phone in my hands and test it, i am sure it will require stronger battery to use its full capacity without compromising, so would open up and exchange the battery for sure.

Last edited:

juzz86

Retired Senior Moderator
Would a extended battery case that would latch on the 5 pins at the back be more feasible instead? Seems like a less intrusive method of extending battery life.

I reckon this would be the best way to go. As soon as you pull off that cover you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

Something like a PowerSkin would be a much better alternative for Mugen.

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
Considering that Moto/VZ are going to be offering the option to put the MAXX battery in the RAZR I wouldn't be surprised if more companies start doing the same.

That said, one advantage of having a very difficult to remove internal battery is that people can't steal your phone and disable your ability to track it simply by pulling the battery. Not go give manufacturers/carriers credence to do so, but I'd certainly pay to have an extended battery put in under warranty, though I would think it's cheaper to simply put something slightly better in to begin with.

HighRoIIer

Oct 17, 2010
Hamburg
Considering that Moto Maxx

Was considering that phon to. The idea of a original 3300 battery is just to good to be true... hope the other companies will copy the idea =)

similansai82

Jun 10, 2011
the juice is simply not enough for a phone with such a huge screen, i voted yes and i am surprised with the capacity of the battery of htc one x. :eek:

BigMagoo

Feb 2, 2012
Layton
Nah

From what I've read, users (somehow) have been able to get really good battery life out of them despite the huge screen and mediocre battery. I'd try it out for a few weeks before you throw your money at something you probably won't need.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
You have your phone for 1 week and your battery sucks? Its not that the battery is very poor, it's just the fact that a LI-ION battery takes up to 2 weeks to be fully calibrated. We talk here about a new phone, with a battery that didn't run before now.

So give this little guy a break and try it for 2-3 weeks before saying that the battery life is horrible. If it lasts 1 day and some hours it is a good battery life for a smartphone with this huge display!

Reactions: d -_- b

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
You have your phone for 1 week and your battery sucks? Its not that the battery is very poor, it's just the fact that a LI-ION battery takes up to 2 weeks to be fully calibrated. We talk here about a new phone, with a battery that didn't run before now.

So give this little guy a break and try it for 2-3 weeks before saying that the battery life is horrible. If it lasts 1 day and some hours it is a good battery life for a smartphone with this huge display!
As someone educated me on this I'll pass on the favor. Li-ion batteries do not need a breaking in period like old tech rechargeables. It has a specific amount of charges it can take before it no longer holds max charge, but it holds that maximum charge from the first day.

bandit97

Apr 7, 2013
With the right settings a good sense ROM will get pretty decent battery. But I do feel slightly limited by the 1500 battery. It would've been nice to have easy battery modding from the get go.

kwitu

Jul 24, 2013
Sopot
Thank god I am satisfied with my battery life, in V ONE as far as I know the battery is not removable, right?

bandit97

Apr 7, 2013
You can remove it. You just have to take the whole phone apart to get at it. :)

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm gonna say no. I like slim phones :)