[KERNEL] SpeedMod Captivate [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

3,435 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,148

By hardcore, Senior Member on 30th December 2010, 10:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th January 2011, 06:00 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I flashed to doc's gingerbord edition yesterday, and decided to try the speedmod kernel today. I first flashed k12k 256, but when I held my phone straight up, it would autorotate my screen sideways. Then, when I held my phone sideways, it would rotate my screen to normal.

I reflashed to make sure it wasn't a bad flash, and the same thing happened.

I then flashed k12j 256, and my reorientation is now fine. Not sure if this is a known bug or anything, but wanted to let you know just in case.

Red5
10th January 2011, 06:01 PM |#522  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Do you have to be at 100% battery to flash this kernel?
10th January 2011, 06:14 PM |#523  
Flag Atlanta GA
Thanks Meter: 1,351

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNimrod

Do you have to be at 100% battery to flash this kernel?

Not just this kernel, but any kernel for that matter. This helps avoid battery calibration issues.
10th January 2011, 06:14 PM |#524  
Flag Atlanta GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillyw

I flashed to doc's gingerbord edition yesterday, and decided to try the speedmod kernel today. I first flashed k12k 256, but when I held my phone straight up, it would autorotate my screen sideways. Then, when I held my phone sideways, it would rotate my screen to normal.

I reflashed to make sure it wasn't a bad flash, and the same thing happened.

I then flashed k12j 256, and my reorientation is now fine. Not sure if this is a known bug or anything, but wanted to let you know just in case.

Did u flash the i9000 version or the captivate version. This happens sometimes when u flash the wrong version.
10th January 2011, 06:17 PM |#525  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
You don't have to be at 100 percent to kernel flash. And Diablo's right, if your screen orientation is opposite then you went and DLed the i9000 version.
10th January 2011, 06:23 PM |#526  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I have my phone flashed with stock 2.2 froyo and its rooted. I downloaded the cwm version and tried using cwr to install it. Booted into recovery fine, but when I went install packages I got a e-signature verification failed error and it aborted.

What happened?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
10th January 2011, 06:24 PM |#527  
Flag Atlanta GA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIVRon

I have my phone flashed with stock 2.2 froyo and its rooted. I downloaded the cwm version and tried using cwr to install it. Booted into recovery fine, but when I went install packages I got a e-signature verification failed error and it aborted.

What happened?

If I am not wrong, these are for i9000 based captivate ROMs, not stock. Anyways, I could be wrong too.
10th January 2011, 06:25 PM |#528  
Flag Trussville, AL
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I don't flash kernels at 100% too often. I never have any calibration problems.
10th January 2011, 06:28 PM |#529  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIVRon

What happened?

Your on froyo and this kernel is for reoriented roms. Stock 2.2 JI6 froyo for the captivate isn't gonna be very compatible with this. But that isn't even your biggest problem. Your trying to use reinstall packages in regular recovery. Thats NOT how to do it. You have to go in rom manager and FLASH CLOCKWORK RECOVERY (this puts the alternate recovery as an update.zip on the root of your SD) then boot into regular recovery then hit reinstall packages (might have to twice) then you should see CWM recovery (green text) then install zip from sd and navigate to whatever zip you want to install. Just bcuz ppl root with reinstalling packages they all think that this is how to install zips, well its not. Hope this helped.
10th January 2011, 06:30 PM |#530  
Flag Brasília
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamonkey

Never seen too much of a change in battery life between versions. Just put on "J" 500hz version the other day so heres my current.. 16 hours and down to 82% ...you wont see me complain.. and this is after the 98% percent full charge bug everyone is talking about in the 2.2.1 roms.

Going to move to K as things did feel a bit weird on the audio in J. Thanks Harcore for keeping it up over here for us captivate people

Uhm, prob dumb question:
When you guys says that you have 36 to 48 hrs i suppose that you don't let the data plan (3G/H) or even Wi-fi on the all time, right?
10th January 2011, 06:32 PM |#531  

More
Cell standby shows the data in the battery usage. And since wifi isn't on there, that means he isn't using it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)