[MOD] HDXPosed 1.3 : signature check, play store, downloads, wallpaper fix...

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
I *did* have it working at one time. The problem is if you ever boot back to the factory ROM, it instantly unregisters ALL your ROM slots. And you can't re-register since apparently that taps into some process that's not remapped by HDXposed. I'll have to reflash, register, then Add Gapps and HDXposed again.

Be sure to do all that offline to not get the update.

"Envoyé depuis mon KFTHWI avec Tapatalk"

R1Mike

Aug 3, 2013
Elkins, WV

Installation :
  • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
  • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file below
  • Launch the "Xposed" application
  • Go to framework and click install
  • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
  • Reboot

Thank you so much! This has allowed me to run Google Play Store on my KF HDX 8.9.

My Kindle was previously rooted and I followed the above steps. I then installed the following Google apks from AndroidCowboy.com:

Google Account Manager_4.0.3-239410.apk
Google Services Framework 4.0.4-338691.apk
Google Play services_4.0.34 (924341-38).apk
Google Play Store 4.4.21.apk

I rebooted in between each apk file installed. And now both Amazon and Google are smoothly working together on my Kindle!

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Thank you so much! This has allowed me to run Google Play Store on my KF HDX 8.9.

My Kindle was previously rooted and I followed the above steps. I then installed the following Google apks from AndroidCowboy.com:

Google Account Manager_4.0.3-239410.apk

Google Services Framework 4.0.4-338691.apk

Google Play services_4.0.34 (924341-38).apk

Google Play Store 4.4.21.apk

I rebooted in between each apk file installed. And now both Amazon and Google are smoothly working together on my Kindle!

Have you installed safestrap? Or you installed all in stock rom?

I want to get gapps in the stock rom but I bricked my tablet

Any suggestion ?

R1Mike

Aug 3, 2013
Elkins, WV
Have you installed safestrap? Or you installed all in stock rom?

I want to get gapps in the stock rom but I bricked my tablet

Any suggestion ?

I've got it working on stock rom. I didn't want to mess with safestrap and this fit the bill. And, I have the following to help prevent OTA updates.

Android Firewall enabled with iptables in custom script
I renamed otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.old in /etc/security/
I renamed com.amazon.dcp.apk to com.amazon.dcp.apk.old in /system/app/

If you've bricked yours, there a few other threads that are on here that you would want to look into. Here is one of them:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530623

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
I've got it working on stock rom. I didn't want to mess with safestrap and this fit the bill. And, I have the following to help prevent OTA updates.

Android Firewall enabled with iptables in custom script
I renamed otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.old in /etc/security/
I renamed com.amazon.dcp.apk to com.amazon.dcp.apk.old in /system/app/

If you've bricked yours, there a few other threads that are on here that you would want to look into. Here is one of them:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2530623

Hope this helps.

So I have to install hdxposed first and Then copy all apks in system, and install one by one and reboot my tablet?

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
No, first I installed the apks in system but it didn't work, then tried hdxposed and google play is not connected...

Ok I will try first the root, then install hdxposed then move all apks in system and install it

CaptainElwood

Jan 6, 2012
So just rooted and installed xposed framework and have the mod enabled. Am i safe to connect to wifi now, or is there something else i need to do to stop the ota update?

Well I got a little impatient and just went for it and feel pretty dumb now...picked up the kindle to see I had recently updated and I now have lost root...
Because I am on the fire os and in the stock recovery I'm screwed right?

Last edited:

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Do you mean you booted to the stock ROM and it updated or it got updated with xposed enabled ? Else yes for now your screwed.

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
Do you mean you booted to the stock ROM and it updated or it got updated with xposed enabled ? Else yes for now your screwed.

I'm using this in The HDX Utility but how does this block updates? Does it change something in the build.prop or otacerts.zip or com.amazon.dcp.apk? Does your current version work?

jjrizzelcincy

Mar 19, 2011
cincinnati
I'm using this in The HDX Utility but how does this block updates? Does it change something in the build.prop or otacerts.zip or com.amazon.dcp.apk? Does your current version work?

it does not work at all for blocking the update,i have rooted over 25 of these things 7's and 8.9's and just about all of them have been updated,,,,since i dont have them in hand i was not able to try the work around ,,,but as far as it blocking the update it does not!

Faznx92

Nov 18, 2013
it does not work at all for blocking the update,i have rooted over 25 of these things 7's and 8.9's and just about all of them have been updated,,,,since i dont have them in hand i was not able to try the work around ,,,but as far as it blocking the update it does not!

Hummm I ask because I really don't want to mess with people's build.prop that much. Is there and example of one. What was changed in it to block ota?

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I got the HDX back into Amazon... It's a weird fix.

I did the hold power for 30 second reset thing. After that, I was able to register the device and it retained the Gapps and such. However, all Boot modules like Xposed have been disabled. So it's kinda weird to have to add them back one at a time. And I have to reinstall some apps off GPlay, but that's relatively minor inconvenience when I can often just restore from my TiB backups.

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
There are quite a few apps that won't reinstall, gives me "Error -24" from Google store. Restoring from TiB doesn't work either. (Specifically, Colossatron the game, paid)

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
I nuked the whole install and reflashed from scratch to 13.31. Despite registering, it did NOT upgrade to 14.X, not sure why. I then manage to put the whole thing back, Thor Gapps HDXposed and all.

Right now my only problem is I can't play Zombie gunship. Starts with a BLANK screen except the Google sign-in button. This is the official Google Play Store version (purchased too) I'll try to download the Humble Bundle version to see if that helps.

Reactions: conan1600

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Now this gets a little annoying... I hit a market link, and Amazon pops up and wants to divert to Amazon market (which obviously does NOT have the app).

Can there be, like, say, a 'switch' in Notification shade that lets us toggle between "Use Google Play", "Use Amazon App", or "Use Third Party" when a market link is detected? Or just override it period, with option to undo later?

gqukyo

Nov 9, 2009
Now this gets a little annoying... I hit a market link, and Amazon pops up and wants to divert to Amazon market (which obviously does NOT have the app).

Can there be, like, say, a 'switch' in Notification shade that lets us toggle between "Use Google Play", "Use Amazon App", or "Use Third Party" when a market link is detected? Or just override it period, with option to undo later?

Since it's a Fire OS based rom, I don't think it'll ever allow it. The rom without Amazon things would work. You could try the market switcher tweak. I could never get that to work but you may have better luck.

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Since it's a Fire OS based rom, I don't think it'll ever allow it. The rom without Amazon things would work. You could try the market switcher tweak. I could never get that to work but you may have better luck.

As if Android hackers actually *care* about what ROM developers intended... as long as no copyright was broken.

We're not talking about cloning Amazon store. We're talking about links that should have gone to some other market INTERCEPTED by FireOS pointing to NOTHING.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi !

Here is an useful xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX.

"HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweaks.

It will actually do the following :
    • Disable signature check : allow any APK to be installed/replaced
    • DownloadManager fix : allow gmail, chrome and any other download to work
    • Content provider fix : allow play store downloads on stock DownloadManager
    • Wallpaper fix : use a wallpaper on alternates home screen
    • Prevent Amazon OTA updates

Installation :
    • Download and install the "Xposed Framework"
    • Download and install the "HDXPosed.apk" file below
    • Launch the "Xposed" application
    • Go to framework and click install
    • Go to modules and enable HDXPosed
    • Reboot

Source code :

Of course you can use and redistribute in any ways. Sources will follow.
    Hi,

i did update HDXPosed to version 1.2 which SHOULD correctly block OTA updates now. I did stay on first firmware (13.3.0.0) on a full day without being updated.

Please note that we need more report to be 100% sure it's ok.
    Hi !

Here is a very usefull xposed module for our Kindle Fire HDX. I'm developping this module for my gapps-rom but since i still have a few days of work before it's ready i tough it would be a good idea to release the mod as this.

So "HDXPosed" is a module for the xposed framework. With this module enabled you won't need to modify any files (services.odex, framework-res.apk) for our main HDX tweeks. Note that this module is for the 7" device (thor) but would probably work any HDX (to be tested).

Actually it will do the following :

• Disable signature check : allow any apk to be installed/replaced
    • DownloadManager fix : allow gmail, chrome and any other download to work
    • Wallpaper fix : use a wallpaper on alternates home screen

Installation :

Of course you can use and redistribute in any ways. Sources will follow.

Thanks man, keep up the good work, I look forward to working gapps and amazon apps in harmony on our device!

Edit: I can confirm downloading works on chrome now, thanks again man!
    Thanks to Faznx92 OTA blocking code should now be working in the new uploaded version. Now the 3 dcp packages are disabled by xposed using same process as "pm disable" does but on the 3 dcp packages instead of component like you did Faznx92.

But i do not have a stock rom to test currently so i'm not sure if disabling them completely could cause other problem's on stock rom...
    Sorry to respond so slow. I use pm enable to reverse it. Something I also do is disable the amazon.dcp apk. Read the post here.
    I can confirm that HDXposed version 1.3 blocks ota with KFHDX Thor 13.3.1.0. I really want to refine what exact functions are at work for ota though.

Small side note if your trying this. If you are currently using my blocker you first should turn off wifi, then in the toolkit enable ota to undo my blocker. Then install the xposed apks with the wifi off, setup, reboot, turn wifi on, goto settings > Device > Sys Update > Check. It should say 'Last update failed' else quickly turn off wifi.
    Hi Faznx92,

You can look at sources on github I think it should be easy to see how its done even for a non programmer. I was focused on background updates so I may have missed something. Is the update downloaded and visible with the download manager ?
    I was checking if it would update via Settings>Device>System Updates>Check Now. It started downloading. Ah I see, your mod blocks background updates, unless you check for it.
    Code:
    ota.ScheduledUpdateCheckerService
    explains it^

I'm not sure if you know how my ota disable works but take a look.
    Code:
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAUpdateMessageHandler"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.AppStateMonitorService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.CheckForOTAUpdatesService"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ViewUpdateActivity"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAStatusActivity"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.ResetOTAMessageHandler"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.InventoryUploadService$InventoryUploadReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.UpdatesLookupService$MountStatusChangedReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAWakeupReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTADedupeReceiver"
    pm disable "com.amazon.dcp/.ota.OTAService$OTAInstallNowReceiver"
    If you check in the settings menu for updates it reports 'Last update failed'.
    Caution people that your block stops background ota checks.
    Also it would be cool if your could toggle ota block on and off in Xposed.
    Just my 2 cents.

Others please test but be careful doing so, we may have a unlock soon and you sure don't want to miss out on that.
    Best of luck mate.:good: