Is my battery damaged?

Search This thread

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
is my battery damaged ? I have tried many ROMs and on all of them I'm having a very bad battery life. I have everything turned off and my brightness is 0% and the battery drains super fast. :( what should I do ? :(

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago
1. Do factory reset

2. Exchange the phone if option 1 doesn't work...good working G2s don't perform like your phone is @ the moment

LenAsh

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2011
Midlands, UK
How can I exchange it ? it is an international version D802

What's the problem with that exactly? (Most issues with battery life are user problems - usually a poor wipe / flash regime and using poor quality apps and heavy syncing. I assume you have used the usual wakelock detection procedures).

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
Por signal will drain your battery.

Mostly apps are draining it post a screanshots of your battery stats.

Install gsam to see what's draining..

joeyvanhummel

Apr 30, 2009
is my battery damaged ? I have tried many ROMs and on all of them I'm having a very bad battery life. I have everything turned off and my brightness is 0% and the battery drains super fast. :( what should I do ? :(

What do you define as "very bad", and how do you actually use your phone?
We can't guess to help you.

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston

joeyvanhummel

Apr 30, 2009
like if im using the phone every 3 mins i lose 1 percent

1% / 3mins sounds like 5 hours on battery to me. Reasonable, but not great.
Depends if you have your screen on during that time or not, and what brightness, and what tasks it is doing. If that is screen off at all, then it's horrible. If full brightness screen-on for the whole time, then it's ok.

Schindler069

Oct 1, 2013
Depends if you have your screen on during that time or not, and what brightness, and what tasks it is doing. If that is screen off at all, then it's horrible. If full brightness screen-on for the whole time, then it's ok.

Yep. If you go to Battery, is your phone intensivly active while screen is off?

My Battery atm: 1d 3h 14m with 53m screen on time at 87%, but pretty much all day on wlan.

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston

Yep. If you go to Battery, is your phone intensivly active while screen is off?

My Battery atm: 1d 3h 14m with 53m screen on time at 87%, but pretty much all day on wlan.

I'm most worried that I have to exchange my phone cuz the battery is damaged

tiguy99

Oct 3, 2007
Chicago

If your phone is the international version, you have the option to buy a new battery And swap it out. I would try this since batteries are pretty cheap at the moment.

If it still drains after all these things only then do I recommend you return the phone for a new one

3thman

Dec 15, 2010
Boston
If your phone is the international version, you have the option to buy a new battery And swap it out. I would try this since batteries are pretty cheap at the moment.

If it still drains after all these things only then do I recommend you return the phone for a new one

actually I searched for buying a battery but I did not find any website. Could you tell me where please ? thank you

maydayind

Dec 10, 2011
Culd be som app running that is draining it.
Install a battery monitor. Like gsam then u can see what's drainimg the battery.

basti2909

Mar 21, 2011
Try delete google+. Giving a lot wakelocks. If u are rooted install wakelock detector and let it run 2 or 3 hours and see if its under 20%

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

And we're trying to help you with diagnosing the problem, if any, but I don't feel like you're willing to accept that this behaviour may be normal. (Your signature kind of gives it away. ;))
    I think it would be good to post some objective statistics here; betterbatterystats or even just a screeny of the settings->battery screen would help us help you a lot.
    actually I searched for buying a battery but I did not find any website. Could you tell me where please ? thank you

Just did a google search &

found this one

http://www.etradesupply.com/lg-g2-d800-battery-bl-t7.html

Just got my second replacement phone. Hopefully this one will be much better than the first one. Oh yeahh...if you're ever out in a snow storm & have to use your phone, make sure no flakes go into your earpiece area... otherwise you'll end up with a short & possibly take out the top part of your digitizer :(