Stuck on compile AOKP

Search This thread

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
I'm attempting to compile AOKP and I keep getting this error

Code:
Checking build tools versions...
build/core/base_rules.mk:171: *** hardware/ti/omap4xxx/domx/domx: MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libdomx already defined by device/amazon/otter-common/domx/domx.  Stop.

Side note when compiling from "lunch" I cannot get "aokp_otter2-userdebug" to work. Only when I use "full_otter2-userdebug"
Does it make a difference?

This is only the second time I have attempted a build. First one being CM10.1 after following Hashcodes guide in the CM10.1 thread.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
okay solved both of those problems only to run into some more.

Problem 1:
Not being able to compile aokp_otter2-debug

Fix:
Added
Code:
PRODUCT_MAKEFILES := $(LOCAL_DIR)/aokp.mk
to the AndroidProducts.mk file

Problem 2:
Code:
Checking build tools versions...
build/core/base_rules.mk:171: *** hardware/ti/omap4xxx/domx/domx: 
MODULE.TARGET.SHARED_LIBRARIES.libdomx already defined by device/amazon/otter-common/domx/domx.  Stop.

Fix:
Changed /hardware/ti/omap4xxx/domx Android.mk to
Code:
ifeq ($(TI_CUSTOM_DOMX_PATH),)
	include $(all-subdir-makefiles)
endif

now onto the new errors...but at least it started compiling :D

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
Okay on to the next error while compiling...

Code:
Export includes file: frameworks/native/opengl/libs/Android.mk -- out/target/product/otter2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLESv2_intermediates/export_includes
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/otter2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/otter2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
It stops right there
I think I know where this originates but I don't know where to look to fix it

external/wpa_supplicant_8/wpa_supplicant/Android.mk

and i have looked over it the best that I could and compared it to the same file in CM10.1 and everything looks the same. But I can't seem to find an error...ohh well still looking

iytrix

Dec 23, 2012
San Jose

Code:
Export includes file: frameworks/native/opengl/libs/Android.mk -- out/target/product/otter2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libGLESv2_intermediates/export_includes
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/otter2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/otter2/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
It stops right there

and i have looked over it the best that I could and compared it to the same file in CM10.1 and everything looks the same. But I can't seem to find an error...ohh well still looking

Status of KF2 devs as of now....
Hashcode - Working on all 3 devices, very knowledgeable and experienced. Will most likely help on IRC if on, but hard to find an usually busy doing the work for all us happy consumers :)

Powerpoint45 - Usually busy, not often around to talk, but will post in the forums now and then and sometimes in IRC. He knows a bit about building ROMs, and probably would be of help to you, unfortunately, I'd say he's harder to contact than Hashcode.

FMKilo - IS NOT A DEV. That's what he says. He knows a bit around scripting and such, but like me, his kindle knowledge is mostly common sense and paying attention. Granted, he's usually on IRC, probably the easiest to get in contact with, and if you're not being super dumb, always willing to help. Even though he's not REALLY a dev, he could answer most questions that seem complex to most people, but are really simple things he already knows about.

idontwanttobeanoob - Don't know much about him really, but he's the only one besides PPT (powerpoint45) to start making a ROM, until you. You two might be able to help each other, and for anyone else reading this, feel free to help him with MIUI or possibly learn together.

ANNNNNNNNNND,

that's it.

If you're a dev, feel free to rage at me, but you've been much to quiet and I think I comb these boards well enough. So, you're not being ignored, but there just aren't many around this community yet. I think we should encourage more people getting their own things working and sharing with the rest though. Maybe some new people can learn a bit more and become known devs. Plus in this small community it'd be easier to get known for releasing a cool ROM (bonus points for naming it MooRom)

Reactions: obsolete1

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
If you're a dev, feel free to rage at me, but you've been much to quiet and I think I comb these boards well enough. So, you're not being ignored, but there just aren't many around this community yet. I think we should encourage more people getting their own things working and sharing with the rest though. Maybe some new people can learn a bit more and become known devs. Plus in this small community it'd be easier to get known for releasing a cool ROM (bonus points for naming it MooRom)

I'm not worried about being ignored...this is helping me through the process. I can see what I had to do/redo in case of system failure (unlikely but still I can read back). I just need to see if I can do this, its just something I've wanted to do and finally just dove in. Like I said the first time I attempted a build was just last week...and it was pretty much cut and paste code. So I tried something a little harder it may or may not pan out in the end. But thanks for posting on here letting me know that someone else is reading this other than me :good:

Reactions: chronicfathead

idontwanttobeanoob

Sep 5, 2011
I'm not worried about being ignored...this is helping me through the process. I can see what I had to do/redo in case of system failure (unlikely but still I can read back). I just need to see if I can do this, its just something I've wanted to do and finally just dove in. Like I said the first time I attempted a build was just last week...and it was pretty much cut and paste code. So I tried something a little harder it may or may not pan out in the end. But thanks for posting on here letting me know that someone else is reading this other than me :good:

Hey guys noticed the post and wanted to let you know im more then willing to help out, resources are a bit limited on my end(I've got a ****ty laptop) but im here alot even if it doesn't say I am cause I forget to log in. Ill re read through the current issues and when I get up tomorrow ill start researching and see if we can get this going for ya( btw the miui rom might have to wait till miui comes up with an update, due to some of the current errors that are build based)

Reactions: chronicfathead

obsolete1

Jan 7, 2013
well took care of that error.

missing the wpa_supplicant_8_to folder
on to the next compile...fingers crossed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    It stops right there

Status of KF2 devs as of now....
    Hashcode - Working on all 3 devices, very knowledgeable and experienced. Will most likely help on IRC if on, but hard to find an usually busy doing the work for all us happy consumers :)

Powerpoint45 - Usually busy, not often around to talk, but will post in the forums now and then and sometimes in IRC. He knows a bit about building ROMs, and probably would be of help to you, unfortunately, I'd say he's harder to contact than Hashcode.

FMKilo - IS NOT A DEV. That's what he says. He knows a bit around scripting and such, but like me, his kindle knowledge is mostly common sense and paying attention. Granted, he's usually on IRC, probably the easiest to get in contact with, and if you're not being super dumb, always willing to help. Even though he's not REALLY a dev, he could answer most questions that seem complex to most people, but are really simple things he already knows about.

idontwanttobeanoob - Don't know much about him really, but he's the only one besides PPT (powerpoint45) to start making a ROM, until you. You two might be able to help each other, and for anyone else reading this, feel free to help him with MIUI or possibly learn together.

ANNNNNNNNNND,

that's it.

Hey guys noticed the post and wanted to let you know im more then willing to help out, resources are a bit limited on my end(I've got a ****ty laptop) but im here alot even if it doesn't say I am cause I forget to log in. Ill re read through the current issues and when I get up tomorrow ill start researching and see if we can get this going for ya( btw the miui rom might have to wait till miui comes up with an update, due to some of the current errors that are build based)