Android L discussion thread

Search This thread

BreakShadow

Mar 25, 2012
Kolkata
Using it on my N7 '13, it's pretty good.

37% more battery life seen on the N5 while browsing over WiFi. That's always a plus.

New toggles are great. Non customisable sadly.

The Cards task manager is great.

Material Design UI is great. Big, big change. Although the UI isn't consistent everywhere, many apps are yet to be updated for it.

The Camera API 2 also brings these to the table:

Many of the finer control*configurations*can also be modified, including:

Exposure time
ISO Sensitivity
Frame duration
Lens focus distance
Flash trigger
Color correction matrix
JPEG metadata
Tonemap curve
Crop region
AE / AF / AWB mode
AE / AWB lock
AF trigger
Precapture AE trigger
Metering regions
Exposure compensation
Target FPS range
Capture intent
Video stabilization

nyzu7aba.jpg

sm.vassallo

Oct 12, 2011
Is this discussion about Android L only, if so why is it in the 'Sony Xperia Z1' section of the forums?

As you see in this thread you have a chap posting images of the Android L on a Nexus 7 when this is a Sony Xperia Z1 section forums.

Sony's implementation will look nothing like the vanilla Android L.

I am sure there is a sub forum just for Android L chatter irrespective of what device you have outside of the 'Sony Xperia Z1' forum.

Tonian1878

Nov 12, 2013
Is this discussion about Android L only, if so why is it in the 'Sony Xperia Z1' section of the forums?

As you see in this thread you have a chap posting images of the Android L on a Nexus 7 when this is a Sony Xperia Z1 section forums.

Sony's implementation will look nothing like the vanilla Android L.

I am sure there is a sub forum just for Android L chatter irrespective of what device you have outside of the 'Sony Xperia Z1' forum.

why not. Sonys current launcher (xperia home) is very similar to standard android.

considering the was 4 billion discussions for Kitkat in the xperia z1 area not long ago, i dont see why we cant have 1 discussion for Android L

sm.vassallo

Oct 12, 2011
why not. Sonys current launcher (xperia home) is very similar to standard android.

considering the was 4 billion discussions for Kitkat in the xperia z1 area not long ago, i dont see why we cant have 1 discussion for Android L

An Android L discussion is fine if it relates to the forum the thread was started.

The guy who started the post has an LG G2 for god sake.

jamespmi

Jan 22, 2012
<facepalm> Android L is not even released, but: Shame on you Sony not releasing it yet... </facepalm>

(A typical Thread in Z1's XDA Forum)

sm.vassallo

Oct 12, 2011
LG g2 and g3, Xperia z1, HTC one m8, and galaxy s5

So I think I fine here

Just another irrelevant thread then?

Here me thinking someone will start a good discussion thread with reference to the Sony Xperia Z1 and future Android L release by Sony in the Sony Xperia Z1 forum on XDA.

Who gives a toss for screenshots from a Nexus device?

Stupid me, should of relaised it is another useless thread.

Zachinater

Jan 12, 2013
monument
Just another irrelevant thread then?

Here me thinking someone will start a good discussion thread with reference to the Sony Xperia Z1 and future Android L release by Sony in the Sony Xperia Z1 forum on XDA.

Who gives a toss for screenshots from a Nexus device?

Stupid me, should of relaised it is another useless thread.
Um, I didn't post that, and its still on topic with android L. So its fine. Did you read the OP?

L

LeParkour012

You want to discuss about Android L even though Sony haven't released any news about it for our device? Useless thread is useless.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

FrosteezBR

Sep 29, 2012
Ubatuba - São Paulo
I think this thread like the old android ones is good
what to expect,stay tuned ever if you are a newbie
for me this thread is a good view
you know... if sony anounce that will update,then the thread will be more useful to let you know the release date and more..

Zachinater

Jan 12, 2013
monument
All of you trolling this thread, there are far more people who have benefited from this thread than those who have been ranting towards it so just stop

joecool666

Jan 23, 2012
Dublin
imho i think android L looks very bland/Boring i know there is not much happing just yet with it, but i am happy with what i have got, and i am not knocking this thread, i have seen lockscreens tried one of them and did'ent like it much, but good luck with your thread early days yet, kind regards joe.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using it on my N7 '13, it's pretty good.

37% more battery life seen on the N5 while browsing over WiFi. That's always a plus.

New toggles are great. Non customisable sadly.

The Cards task manager is great.

Material Design UI is great. Big, big change. Although the UI isn't consistent everywhere, many apps are yet to be updated for it.

The Camera API 2 also brings these to the table:

Many of the finer control*configurations*can also be modified, including:

Exposure time
    ISO Sensitivity
    Frame duration
    Lens focus distance
    Flash trigger
    Color correction matrix
    JPEG metadata
    Tonemap curve
    Crop region
    AE / AF / AWB mode