Search This thread

theprakhar

Nov 15, 2012
Lucknow
www.facebook.com
C r e a t i n g/ I n s t a l l i n g
C u s t o m B o o t a n i m a t i o n F o r A n d r o i d

Step 1 :- CREATE ANIMATION IMAGES
Open Photoshop(or any other image editor).Make the background color black and then place the image layer above background layer and make its opacity 0% and save it as PNG named 0000 and then keep on increasing the opacity (Remember name for First Image should be 0000.png,for second 0001.png,for third 0002.png and so on.Save them in 240x320 resolution(your device's resolution)
TIP:-Use splatter or any other brushes:-Same as above but the difference is you will not change the opacity it should be 100% and the splatters on the image will increase with new one.(IT LOOKS QUITE IMPRESSIVE)

Step 2:-
Make two folder named part0 and part1. Put your images created in those folder.For Ex. 0000.png to 0009.png in part0 and 0010.png to 0070.png in part1.

Step3 :-
Create desc.txt
and write:-
240 320 24
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1

and save it

------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPLANATION of 240 320 24
p 1 0 part0 :-
240 320(your device's resolution)
24(frames per second.......higher the no. faster will your bootanimation)
p(pointer to tell it to look at new commands)
1(no. of times this section of bootanimation will play....0=infinite)
0(Pause....0=no pause 10=10sec pause repeating or moving on next line)
part0(folder in which your animation images are contained)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[/B] Step 4:-
Create a folder named bootanimation and in that put part0,part1 and desc.txt.ZIP the contents of bootanimation folder(REMEMBER COMPRESSION METHOD SHOULD BE STORE)

Step 5:-
Copy bootanimation.zip to your sd card.

Step 6:-
Using Root Explorer(or any other alternatives) copy bootanimation.zip to system\media (Remember change mount to R/W)

STEP 7 :-

Reboot,ENJOY and SHOW-OFF! :laugh:

I'll Be uploading custom boot-animation soon[IF YOU GUYS WANT].................

PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON And Comment IF IT HELPED YOU A BIT TOO...PLEASE...............Its Our salary! :p....

IF HAVING ANY OTHER PROBLEM OR WANT KNOW MORE TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR BOOTANIMATION.MORE AWESOME....DONT HESITATE ASK ME ...

Last edited:

Hamster80

Mar 9, 2013
Lets say I want to basically put in a video already made... will I have to take a snapshot of each frame?

Yes I am tool but nethertheless if there's a way I can just install a pre-made video than god damn it I will follow that way to the letter!

BTW thanks :)

theprakhar

Nov 15, 2012
Lucknow
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

joedinkle

Jan 13, 2013
I've tried this several different times with no results. I only get the black screen. I've used notepad ++ and notepad. I've used winrar and 7zip. I'm on a Widnows 8 machine. Any thoughts?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    C r e a t i n g/ I n s t a l l i n g
    C u s t o m B o o t a n i m a t i o n F o r A n d r o i d

Open Photoshop(or any other image editor).Make the background color black and then place the image layer above background layer and make its opacity 0% and save it as PNG named 0000 and then keep on increasing the opacity (Remember name for First Image should be 0000.png,for second 0001.png,for third 0002.png and so on.Save them in 240x320 resolution(your device's resolution)
    TIP:-Use splatter or any other brushes:-Same as above but the difference is you will not change the opacity it should be 100% and the splatters on the image will increase with new one.(IT LOOKS QUITE IMPRESSIVE)

Make two folder named part0 and part1. Put your images created in those folder.For Ex. 0000.png to 0009.png in part0 and 0010.png to 0070.png in part1.

Create desc.txt
    240 320 24
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1

and save it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/B] Step 4:-
    Create a folder named bootanimation and in that put part0,part1 and desc.txt.ZIP the contents of bootanimation folder(REMEMBER COMPRESSION METHOD SHOULD BE STORE)

Using Root Explorer(or any other alternatives) copy bootanimation.zip to system\media (Remember change mount to R/W)

Reboot,ENJOY and SHOW-OFF! :laugh:

PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON And Comment IF IT HELPED YOU A BIT TOO...PLEASE...............Its Our salary! :p....

IF HAVING ANY OTHER PROBLEM OR WANT KNOW MORE TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR BOOTANIMATION.MORE AWESOME....DONT HESITATE ASK ME ...
    Lets say I want to basically put in a video already made... will I have to take a snapshot of each frame?

Yes I am tool but nethertheless if there's a way I can just install a pre-made video than god damn it I will follow that way to the letter!

BTW thanks :)

Ur Welx....and I hope this post maybe helpful to you to convert Video to bootanimation.zip>>http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1792178
    how to r/w

Creating/Installing Custom Bootanimation For Android

Create desc.txt
    240 320 24
    p 1 0 part0
    p 0 0 part1

and save it

Step 4:-
    Create a folder named bootanimation and in that put part0,part1 and desc.txt.ZIP the bootanimation folder(REMEMBER COMPRESSION METHOD SHOULD BE STORE)

Reboot and ENJOY!!!! :laugh:

PLEASE CLICK ON THANKS BUTTON And Comment IF IT HELPED YOU A BIT TOO...PLEASE................... :p

IF HAVING ANY OTHER PROBLEM OR WANT KNOW MORE TIPS FOR MAKING YOUR BOOTANIMATION.MORE AWESOME....DONT HESITATE ASK ME ...I WILL MAKE. A VIDEO TUTORIAL

Hi Please could you tell me in detail how to change mount to R/W. Im using ES File explorer...
    this thing happen to me in windows 8 and windows xp , show black screen or sometimes the word android do someone help me please. all was in .png format:confused: what do mean set your compression method to store? i cannot find this ..using winzip..

Plz find the attachment to knw where is store method......if still didn't work...don't hesitate ask me...
    Can anyone help me? I tried to make it with the detailed descriptions but it still failed. Can you help me out a little? i uploaded my copy that i tried to boot below. it gives me black screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n8jutxz0lpzx2jk/bootanimation.zip

Hey! it is not working because the you zipped a complete folder which has one more folder .....You have to zip the files only...see the screenshot below..