FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

1% increment battery driver

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,106

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 17th June 2009, 01:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th June 2009, 11:55 AM |#31  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunno

I found out how to dump my ROM from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=501871

thank you DaveShaw

but after that I was completely stuck, and couldn't find a working link for ROMExtract so I have posted what I extracted in the hope it is some good

http://rapidshare.com/files/245749588/raw.rar.html

I can extract the files from the RAWs, that is not a problem. However, RapidShare is not letting me download the file as of yet. I'll try again later.
18th June 2009, 12:20 PM |#32  
Flag Modena
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I thank you very much for your nice work
18th June 2009, 12:30 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 325

More
I get a message saying Installation Unsuccessful. Any advice anyone?
18th June 2009, 01:03 PM |#34  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

That is strange indeed. BUT - if Batti does show correct, then the problem is not the updated battery.dll ... Could you disconnect from cradle etc, turn on bluetooth, wifi, data connection, etc, keep screen on, to drain battery fastest way and see if Batti "gradually" declines battery or in big "chunks" (10 of them, hehe) ?

If Batti shows it gradually getting less, than the battery driver is good. Makes me wonder WTH is going on with your icons, though.

NOTE: I had a similar problem once with a custom ROM, but never found out what the problem was...

the Batti decrements by 1% definitly. I've been just looking on it. Dunno whats wrong with my icons :( But I will keep that driver because i am using batti primary (icon in taskbar sometimes disappers while browsing some menus).
18th June 2009, 05:59 PM |#35  
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't you change the driver so that it doesn't give an icon but just shows what percentage is left? Not I see like three lines which means anywhere between 50 ~ 75% or something.
18th June 2009, 06:10 PM |#36  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdKarel

Can't you change the driver so that it doesn't give an icon but just shows what percentage is left? Not I see like three lines which means anywhere between 50 ~ 75% or something.

The icon display and the battery driver are two completely different things... ideally you would use this driver and a "custom taskbar". These custom taskbars contains icons and reg entries to actually SHOW the 1% difference in the icons. Search for "tsowen", you'll find many of them.
19th June 2009, 02:32 PM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it does seem to work under Batti 2.4, but the 'power' screen in the settings still shows the battery in 10% increments. would there be a way to fix this as well?
19th June 2009, 02:53 PM |#38  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Lite

it does seem to work under Batti 2.4, but the 'power' screen in the settings still shows the battery in 10% increments. would there be a way to fix this as well?

Nope.......
19th June 2009, 03:36 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ok, thanks.
I'll stick with the 1% battery icons then
19th June 2009, 04:22 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Yes, thx a great deal for your work man!
Lovin it!
20th June 2009, 03:43 PM |#41  
Flag Sunny Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Absolutly spot on with my factory HTC Touch Pro2, well done guys, brilliant.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)