FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

1% increment battery driver

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 88,106

By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 17th June 2009, 01:50 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th June 2009, 03:43 PM |#41  
Flag Sunny Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Absolutly spot on with my factory HTC Touch Pro2, well done guys, brilliant.
21st June 2009, 06:17 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
How do I test whether this is working or not? I just installed the cab on a factory Touch Pro 2.
21st June 2009, 11:08 AM |#43  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Install some program which will show you detail status of battery - like Batti 2.4 and use the device... you will see how battery drains by 1%. Before installing this driver you would see the battery indicator changes time to time by 10%.
23rd June 2009, 11:52 PM |#44  
Flag Austria
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Strange thing, sometimes my battery icon stays at 100% too. I'm using a custom taskbar with 1% icons. Most of the time it works well but sometimes I'm charging the phone to full and then the icon stays at 100% and so does the windows-battery-meter.
After two reboots and a deassembled battery it works fine again.
24th June 2009, 09:18 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The app works great... Thanks!
25th June 2009, 07:58 AM |#46  

More
Great! THanks again for a gd one!
25th June 2009, 12:34 PM |#47  
Flag Graz

More
i just installed your CAB on my TD2, but when i go to settings -> battery there are still those chubby 10-percent-like bars. any suggestions?

also i'd like to ask if there is a way to include the battery status in percent in the notification area?

i am absolutely new to windows mobile and the xda world, please excuse my inaptitude.

how i proceeded: i sent the CAB file from my pc to my phone, saved it in my document folder and then executed it. installation seemed flawless. i then restarted my phone hoping this would fix it, but unfortunately it didn't.
25th June 2009, 12:37 PM |#48  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckliv

i just installed your CAB on my TD2, but when i go to settings -> battery there are still those chubby 10-percent-like bars. any suggestions?

also i'd like to ask if there is a way to include the battery status in percent in the notification area?

i am absolutely new to windows mobile and the xda world, please excuse my inaptitude.

how i proceeded: i sent the CAB file from my pc to my phone, saved it in my document folder and then executed it. installation seemed flawless. i then restarted my phone hoping this would fix it, but unfortunately it didn't.

All the CAB does is allow the driver to report in 1% increments instead of 10%. This does not magically make all programs use that. The screen you mention simply only has graphics for 10%

However, this new driver does allow you to use 1% icons (custom taskbar) and programs that can display the battery level in more detail.
25th June 2009, 12:49 PM |#49  
Flag Graz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

All the CAB does is allow the driver to report in 1% increments instead of 10%. This does not magically make all programs use that. The screen you mention simply only has graphics for 10%

However, this new driver does allow you to use 1% icons (custom taskbar) and programs that can display the battery level in more detail.

thanks for your reply, i can see now how it's supposed to work. it may be off topic, but do you know a way to include battery life in the notification area, where i get a summary of missed calls etc? or do you want me to open a dedicated topic for my question?

thanks in advance.
25th June 2009, 01:00 PM |#50  
OP Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckliv

thanks for your reply, i can see now how it's supposed to work. it may be off topic, but do you know a way to include battery life in the notification area, where i get a summary of missed calls etc? or do you want me to open a dedicated topic for my question?

thanks in advance.

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but yeah you should create a separate topic for that.
26th June 2009, 09:57 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Exclamation Problem & solution
Hi Chainfire

Problem: Battery shows of 0% and battery will not charge with device powered on.

Solution: Uninstall & reinstall battery driver.

Thanks

andrew-in-woking
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)