[DFT] HSPL for HTC WP7 Second Generation

Search This thread

AndrewSh

Jan 17, 2006
Minsk
forum.asusmobile.ru
Changelog of my HowTo - now it really works from the beginning till the end.

It's a tip for those guys who is unable to update the radio from 16 to 17 version.

1. Download http://narod.ru/disk/46666598001.b7...16.24.00.23U_Signed_ETERNITY_RELEASE.exe.html
2. Extract RUU_Signed.nbh from downloaded exe with winrar
3. Rename RUU_Signed.nbh to ETERIMG.nbh
4. Flash it with goldcard to Titan
You will obtain radio 16.23.02 (lower one)
5. Flash SPL205
6. Install HSPL
5. FlashRadio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06 from here
6. Flash new rom from DFT or cook and flash your own rom based on 4.06 OEM

That's all folks. It took me two bloody days to find this. But now I have my own custom 4.06 installed on my phone.

Tested on European unbranded Titan. Possibly AT&T guys will need some other sequence. If these guys fail to update radio - the only thing I can offer - is my custom rom with 2.05 OEM from stock European and with new Tango SYS from vodafone 4.06... But for that - SPL205 and HSPL should be installed.

Thanks to all guys who made it possible:
Cotulla - for HSPL and all his work
Barin & ultrashot for OsBuilder
ultrashot for perfect full unlock and custom software
feropont & HD2Owner for friendly assistance and wise advises
mwang for radio provided.

Sorry if I forgot someone.

Last edited:

Rastko

Jun 20, 2007
Belgrade
Help please

I have a europe simfree Titan I.
I used 1_sp205 to get SPL 2.05 It showed the flash screen, went to 96% then after like 20sec went to 100% and auto- reset.
Then I entered spl again and it is still spl 2.5. If I try 2_HSPL I get :
[Error Description]:

command #2 failed

[Info]: USBWorkHSPL.cpp (307)

and that is the end... Flashing under win XP sp 3

Can someone help me????

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II
Changelog of my HowTo - now it really works from the beginning till the end.

It's a tip for those guys who is unable to update the radio from 16 to 17 version.

1. Download http://narod.ru/disk/46666598001.b7...16.24.00.23U_Signed_ETERNITY_RELEASE.exe.html
2. Extract RUU_Signed.nbh from downloaded exe with winrar
3. Rename RUU_Signed.nbh to ETERIMG.nbh
4. Flash it with goldcard to Titan
You will obtain radio 16.23.02 (lower one)
5. Flash SPL205
6. Install HSPL
5. FlashRadio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06 from here
6. Flash new rom from DFT or cook and flash your own rom based on 4.06 OEM

That's all folks. It took me two bloody days to find this. But now I have my own custom 4.06 installed on my phone.

Thanks to all guys who made it possible:
Cotulla - for HSPL and all his work
Barin & ultrashot for OsBuilder
ultrashot for perfect full unlock and custom software
feropont & HD2Owner for friendly assistance and wise advises
mwang for radio provided.

Sorry if I forgot someone.
I'll keep trying but now it doesn't seem to be proceeding past "Enter USB Host mode.."

:/

edit1

Started up WP7, did a reset, now it gets to "loading..." and isn't proceeding anymore.

Last edited:

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II
Branded rom? If yes - first HSPL it, than flash old rom I mentioned, than HSPL again, then radio, then final custom rom
Right, but I can't even get the SPL on there... are you telling me to just put the HSPL without upgrading SPL?

Here's what I have;
ATT Stock ROM forced updated to 7.10.8107.79
SPL 1.10
Radio (stock) 16.23.02.26_A_16.27.00.23U

Last edited:

CaiKroll

Aug 21, 2011
Vancouver
plus.google.com
I got stuck at USB Host Mode at one point, the workaround I found was to plug the SD Card in to reader, USB into computer, and (while the phone is off) plug it into the Y-Cable. Hold Volume Down and Camera and it should work.

link68759

Jun 20, 2010
Razer Phone 2
Sony Xperia 5 II
Looks like your gold card is not good. Maybe not properly formatted....
Yeah that's what I hope is the problem...

I got the CID using Nexus-HD2, I have two different microSD cards, the HD2 and two other microSD readers... I could only find the gold card tool 0.0.5 (though I've heard 0.0.7 exists I cannot find it).

http://psas.revskills.de/?q=goldcard to generate the img...

Not sure where I've gone wrong, formatted fat32 and wrote the goldcard and added the nbh a number of times now...

Rastko

Jun 20, 2007
Belgrade
Anybody to help - Cotula???

I have a europe simfree Titan I.
I used 1_sp205 to get SPL 2.05 It showed the flash screen, went to 96% then after like 20sec went to 100% and auto- reset.
Then I entered spl again and it is still spl 2.5. If I try 2_HSPL I get :
[Error Description]:

command #2 failed

[Info]: USBWorkHSPL.cpp (307)

and that is the end... Flashing under win XP sp 3

Can someone help me????

CaiKroll

Aug 21, 2011
Vancouver
plus.google.com
Can't get OSPL

I tried to get my OSPL back to get a fresh start (as I stated earlier, I couldn't get my ATT Titan Flashed) And both ways didn't work, I tried flashing the Stock Rom and it flashes the OS and everything but not the OSPL, I have also tried doing it through the HSPL application. No OSPL. I think that may be the root to my non-updating radio (still stuck, not matter what). I'd appreciate any help, like I said OS flashes so if someone can provide a custom rom that doesn't require the 1750 radio.

ryotgz

Dec 15, 2007
www.totalgamerz.com
I'd definitely say my AT&T Titan is not flashable with SPL 2.05. I have created the gold card with my old WM 6.1 phone and using the "noob" tutorial that doesn't require a second device. It simply won't flash it.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2009
I'm new at this so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I bought a media hub thing to use as a y cable and I got the gold card but when I insert the sd card (gold card) into an android phone and put my titan in usb mode nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? I copy and pasted the nhb file to the gold card from the folder slp

this is what I'm using

wp0001402.jpg

Last edited:

ryotgz

Dec 15, 2007
www.totalgamerz.com
JamesKroll- I meant to say my phone can't be flashed with the SPL 2.05 (not HSPL).

I just flashed my phone back to stock with:
'IMG_Eternity_Cingular_US_1.10.502.04_Radio_16.23.02.26_A_16.27.00.23_Signed_ETERNITY_RELEASE

I reran the SPL 2.05 and it actually displayed upgrading for no longer than a second and rebooted. But it still doesn't say 2.05 when I enter the SPL. Thought I had something there for a moment.

CaiKroll

Aug 21, 2011
Vancouver
plus.google.com
I had that happen a few times in my adventures. Try to Golcard it again and if it does that hold volume down + camera and the second it boots into usb host mode it should work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /DFT HSPL WP7S\
    HSPL_WP7S_LOGO3.jpg

HSPL

for HTC second generation devices
    with Windows Phone 7

for HTC Titan/Omegia

After a hard and long work during few months, our team proudly presents our release.
    We tried to make it simple as usual, but it's not really easy task.
    So the current HSPL installation requires rather big amount of actions with device.
    This release consists from HSPL wizard and a special set of files.

Do not update your device to 4.XX ROMs via RUU or Zune!
    It's not known if possible to revert that SPL versions back.

Supported WP7S devices

*Omega (HTC Radar C110e)
    *Titan (HTC Eternity X310e)

HTC Radiant (Titan II) IS NOT SUPPORTED!

Both Omegas are supported regardless of body color :D

Most of these devices have several MIDs (ModelID, looks like “PI391100”).
    The current release supports only some limited numbers of MIDs. This was designed to minimize a possible harm to user’s devices.

List of supported MIDs:

Titan: "PI39****", “PI391100", "PI391000"
    Omega: "PI06****”, “PI061100, “PI061000"

!Please note that on SPL screen MID is only 7 symbols, without last one.!

Programs stops any operations if unknown MID detected. If your device have unknown MID, please report about it in this thread.
    Specify your MID, device name, ROM versions. It’s nice, if you can give a link to download ROM.

Basic stuff to know

SPL is Secondary Program Loader. It allows to flash ROMs to device.
    Without working SPL device is fully bricked, you can’t restore it. It’s why all operations with SPL are dangerous.
    OSPL is Original SPL. This SPL comes with stock ROM and doesn’t allow to flash custom stuffs.
    HSPL is Hard SPL. It’s permanently flashed to internal device memory and replaces OSPL. After soft reset you still have HSPL instead of OSPL.

Installation

for Titan:

0. Try to install right SPL with RUU.
    If it your device has different CID it will fail with Country ID error.
    If it fails continue with GoldCard.
    1. You need USB Y-cable and GoldCard.
    There are several instructions already on the XDA how to use Y-cable and use GoldCard.
    Instructions for HTC WP7F can be used without problems.
    2. You need to copy file from archive to your SD card ETERIMG.nbh
    3. Reset your device with holding Volume Down + Camera buttons to enter USB Host mode inside SPL.
    4. It should be flashed to device.
    5. After reboot enter SPL by holding VolumeDown and VolumeUp keys. It should show "2.05 MFG"
    6. Connect your device to PC and run HSPL Wizard to install.
    7. Select "2.05 - HSPL" to install HSPL.
    8. After reboot may enter USB Host mode again: try to hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown keys to prevent it.
    9. After reboot check that HSPL is installed. You should see "HSPL" and "CotullaH"

for Omega:

0. Try to install right SPL with RUU.
    If it your device has different CID it will fail with Country ID error.
    If it fails continue with GoldCard.
    1. Update your Omega via Zune as high as possible. You must apply HTC OEM update.
    Some RADIO versions are not able to flash another version from SPL.
    2. You need USB Y-cable and GoldCard.
    There are several instructions already on the XDA how to use Y-cable and use GoldCard.
    Instructions for HTC WP7F can be used without problems.
    3. You need to copy file from archive to your SD card OMEGIMG.nbh
    4. Reset your device with holding Volume Down + Camera buttons to enter USB Host mode inside SPL.
    5. It should be flashed to device.
    6. After reboot enter SPL by holding VolumeDown and VolumeUp keys. It should show "2.05 MFG"
    7. Connect your device to PC and run HSPL Wizard to install.
    8. Select "2.05 - HSPL" to install HSPL.
    9. After reboot may enter USB Host mode again: try to hold VolumeUp+VolumeDown keys to prevent it. Or open and close cover.
    10. After reboot check that HSPL is installed. You should see "HSPL" and "CotullaH"

If you got problems during flashing Omega with GoldCard on RADIO item, you should run MTTY and run "set 14 0" command.
    Then you will able to boot into WP7 and update via Zune OEM. Then you can try to install HSPL again.

Deinstallation

1. Flash stock ROM via RUU.
    -=OR=-
    Run HSPL wizard and choose "2.05 - OSPL" to restore stock SPL.
    2. Do not forget to make poker face in repair center!

Important Notes

-2: New ROMs come with 1750 version must have same radio (with 1750 also). You need to have same OEM and RADIO version, otherwise ROM won't boot.
    -1: It seems that it's a bug inside SPL: you can connect device in SPL mode to PC via USB only ONCE.
    You need reset device to connect it again.
    0. You will lost all data during HSPL installation. Make a backup before.
    1. Before doing any operations be sure you have battery level more than 50%!
    2. Battery is NOT charged in SPL mode with USB connected!
    Sometimes in SPL mode WP7F devices DO NOT charge. You may got a dusty brick if it was powered down during SPL or RADIO update!
    3. Stock RUU ROMs have two NBH files inside, SPL_Signed and RUU_Signed.
    So it's not possible directly flash stock ROM, you need to remove SPL from NBH.
    4. Rememeber if you have HSPL and you flashing stock RUU_Signed.nbh you lost HSPL!
    5. Supported OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7. Is not tested on Windows 8.

Warranty Issues

Be warned, using this release may void your warranty.
    If you need to send your device to a Repair Centre, make sure that it looks like stock! Install stock official ROM before go to Repair Centre.

Disclaimer

This product is free to use at your own risk. We take NO responsibility for any
    conflict, fault, or damage caused by this procedure. No warranties implied or
    otherwise, are given if you agree to use this product. No problems were found while
    testing this product on several different devices, your experience may vary.

Links

Download

The first custom ROM for HTC Omega
    The first custom ROM for HTC Titan

Special thanks

HD2Owner, for his great graphic work!

Official DFT site (Chinese)

Best regards, DFT, 01.06.2012

Installation for OMEGA

omega.png

1. Try to flash via RUU: Go to 1_SPL205\OMEGA folder and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    2. If flash fails with error "Country ID error" you should use gold card to flash.
    3. Create gold card and prepare flashing.
    You can use this Instruction for example.
    4. Copy 1_SPL205\OMEGA\OMEGIMG.nbh to your SD card.
    5. Hold VolumeDown + Camera keys to enter USB Host mode.
    6. Flash
    7. If flash fails with RADIO error you need to update device via Zune.
    Use "set 14 0" command via MTTY to disable auto boot to SPL.
    Read more about MTTY here. After update do again from step 5.
    8. After reboot you need to check 2.05 MFG should appear in SPL screen.
    9. Run HSPL wizard to install HSPL. Choose "2.05 - HSPL"
    10. Done

Installation for TITAN

titan.png

1. Try to flash via RUU: Go to 1_SPL205\TITAN folder and run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    2. If flash fails with error "Country ID error" you should use gold card to flash.
    3. Create gold card and prepare flashing.
    You can use this Instruction for example.
    4. Copy 1_SPL205\TITAN\ETERIMG.nbh to your SD card.
    5. Hold VolumeDown + Camera keys to enter USB Host mode.
    6. Flash
    7. After reboot you need to check 2.05 MFG should appear in SPL screen.
    8. Run HSPL wizard to install HSPL. Choose "2.05 - HSPL"
    10. Done

These are the steps to flash the Custom Rom on the HTC Titan.
    Mine is an European Unlocked HTC Titan.

You need to download :
    1) DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    2) DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
    3) RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z

To enter in SPL mode you have to press BOTH volume up and volume down while you turn on your device using the power button.

In SPL mode you will see a white screen with some informations like the version of the bootloader and the version of the radio driver. At the bottom of the SPL mode screen you will read something like "USB" and "IMAGE CRC" and "FACTORY RESET".

Steps :

1) Turn off your HTC Titan.
    2) Turn on your HTC Titan while pressing BOTH volume up and volume down. You will enter SPL mode by doing so.
    3) Unrar the compressed file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    4) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\1_SPL205\TITAN\ inside the directory where you extracted the file DFT__HSPL_WP7SG1.rar
    5) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    6) Wait till the precedure finish to install SPL (0% -> 100%)
    7) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
    8) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    9) Go into DFT_HSPL_WP7SG1\2_HSPL\
    10) Run SFT_HSPL_WP7SG1_INSTALL.exe
    11) Install HSPL following the istructions on screen.
    12) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.
    13) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    14) This time you should be able to read HSPL2.5.160015.3 and CotullaH at the top of the SPL screen
    15) Unrar the compressed file DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z
    16) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    17) Wait till the precedure finish to install the custom rom (0% -> 100% , it will be slower this time)
    18) At the end of the procedure the device will reboot.

If now you are stuck on HTC screen (WP doesn't start up) you need to upgrade the radio driver :

19) Enter SPL mode, or turn the device off and enter SPL mode again if you didn't make it in time.
    20) Unrar the compressed file RUU_ETERNITY_Radio_Signed_17.5006.08.27_17.08.50.06.7z
    21) Start ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    22) If you enter SPL mode one last time you should be able to see the updated radio driver version.

That's what I did to make it work on my Unlocked European HTC Titan.

EDIT : Instead of using "DFT Eternity 24 langs Freedom V1 Pearl Edition.7z" you can use any other ROM ... for example ultrashot Dynamics7 v2.0 WP7.8