By xanderharris86, Senior Member on 7th February 2013, 03:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th February 2016, 03:18 PM |#31  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderharris86

So just picked up my Note 2 this afternoon and already rooted and unlocked it thanks to the incredibly helpful tutorials on the development forum...

So I installed the SD card I had been using from my Xperia Play, after doing one last final TB, and am a little surprised to see that none of my backups are showing up in TB. I can see all the current apps installed, it's pointing to the right directory, yet nothing from my XP is showing as an available backup to restore. Is it just a compatibility issue between phones?

I'd like to restore some game data and some kik convo's... but if I can't I can't!

Thanks in advance!

you may have had any filters on check and clear all of them & this happened to me as well I deleted all the original backup files in phone directory after copying them to sdcard through windows no changes in the extensions and then copied all the files again through phone to backup directory
earlier I searched for a file and that name was stuck in the search bar of backup/restore all I did was clear it by searching again entering no value hope it helps

24th March 2016, 12:34 PM |#32  
Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake_pliskin

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

many thanks sir. this is the only way that worked.
27th March 2016, 09:46 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusodd

Resolved the problem by running the renaming command on command line.

Pl in detail.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I removed my 670 files extension (i.e .zip, .txt) with the below app in secs.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lkrenamewizard
The Following User Says Thank You to excelly2k1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift excelly2k1 Ad-Free
28th March 2016, 07:17 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 157

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by excelly2k1

Pl in detail.
---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------
I removed my 670 files extension (i.e .zip, .txt) with the below app in secs.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lkrenamewizard

I used Command Line and run the following command to remove the the additional extension (.zip) while leaving the rest of the name and extension intact.
PHP Code:
ren *.zip *. 

Other Windows programs like Bulk Rename Utility and Bulk Extension Changer can also be used.
Thanks for sharing that app,that might be useful for many users.
12th April 2016, 05:36 PM |#35  
Flag Pathanamthitta
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I'm having problem with titanium bkp. I had backup all my apps with data on 5.1.1 and flashed 6.0.1 rom. Now titanium bkp doesn't detect my bkp.
Tried many things like
copy bkp files to internal,
just made an app bkp and copy my bkp files to that folder etc.
still my TB doesn't detect my old bkp
1st May 2016, 06:59 AM |#36  
Flag Jamnagar, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 16

Donate to Me
More
AFTer remove .zip and .txt
And backup folder changed
restored complete
Rom: 6.0.1 RR
9th May 2016, 04:39 AM |#37  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by menvert

If i remember correctly.
When you copy a .gz file using the standard usb mode, it will always (trying to help) rename the file and add .zip to the end. So i had to make one big archive and copy that instead. So, yes i used a file browser to extract all the .gz to that path above.

That path above is simply the 100% TiB is allowed full read/write/delete according to the way android does SD card permissions in the last few revisions, so this way you don't have to use a root editor and hack stuff. (though in Marshmallow there is no longer a /storage/external_SD location it is now something like /storage/0000-0000/ )

Do you know how to prevent the name change from happening? I don't want to have to worry about the name change every time I copy a file around.
13th June 2016, 12:48 AM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomoose68

I just had this issue after flashing a Rom. I had the correct backup location set and could see the backups in the folder, but under Restore they didn't show. Finally, figured out that there was a filter on by default and it was screening out all but System backups. I've never seen a filter affect this area before, only ever used it to filter under the Backup/Restore tab, not under the Check Mark list of options. When I changed the filter to ALL, then the backups magically appeared.

Hope this helps someone else, since this thread kind of went off track.

Its working for me..
i create an account just to hit thanks button and say "thank you "
20th June 2016, 02:49 AM |#39  
Flag UK - Live in UAE
Thanks Meter: 123

Donate to Me
More
Ok so it shows all my apps but not the one that are not installed but backed up in the original directory and can be visible in settings when choosing a directory. WHY
2nd July 2016, 05:06 AM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Saved me!!
Quote:

I just had an odd experience recently (as in yesterday) and this thread didn't help. however, I found something new that might help other ppl.

A brief background, I took a backup from my first S5 (now being utilized by my wife) then copied the files from the phone memory to the SD card. After setting up my second S5 (flashed then root process) copied the backup files from SD card to the phohe memory. But when I ran TB it can't find/detect the files, so meaning I wasn't able to restore anything. What's odd is I didn't experience this when I first setup my wife's S5, all went very smooth.

After many hours of digging I finally found a solution (in my case, at least). All I did was to rename all the backup files with extensions .gz.zip to .gz and wallah!

Hope this helps.

THANK YOU FOR THIS POST!! For some reason, I didn't search properly and didn't find it before a ton of other stuff, but I'm sure glad I found it eventually. Honestly, I don't know how I missed that detail since I was comparing new and old TIBU folders, but perhaps I never did it with my eyes wide open. I was always assuming some screwage with TIBU was at fault.
My first restore was w/o also renaming the properties to drop the .txt extension, but it seemed to work. I did it over again though after seeing the later post that mentioned the properties.txt was also screwed up. No idea if that makes a difference or not in success level.

I did notice that all the bulk rename android apps I could find failed miserably at the task, ultimately I just ran a for loop in an adb root shell to do it. I saw someone ask what the heck tags these extensions on in the first place... I don't think these ever were copied or moved by Windows, so I am a little unclear on that yet. I used ES File Explorer to move them around originally I think (to the ext SD).
30th August 2016, 08:01 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACDRAGON

Also .properties.txt to .properties
somehow the phone or filemanager automatically assigned extensions to the files.
I'm using oneplus x.

Quote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks u guys... worked great after an hour of trying to figure out what went wrong. Opened the backup folder in windows & used command prompt to rename the files using RENAME *.gz.zip *. & RENAME *.properties.txt *.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raghu102 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raghu102 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)