[ROM][PORT][MOD] The Dark CK MIUI - FB0 (Android 2.3.7)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another my port mod MIUI dark theme. Separated thread from my previous MIUI 2.3.9 port rom because this rom supposed to be my last full MIUI Rom for this device and the next version should be only an OTA port update or upgrade patch, so the size to upload and download will be smaller than full rom.

I am not an android developer, my knowledge is very limited, I just tried to make my android phone more comfortable for me.

Features:

- mOCk Kernel v1.6.12, (boot image has been modded)
    - Extended settings included
    - Ads blocker hosts included
    - Ring ICS Lockscreen ( Weather also work on lockscreen )
    - 9s-Weather included
    - Mi root File Explorer included
    - 2 way call recorder, use CallRecorder app from skvalex or rVoix.apk from avs333
    - ICS themed keyboard
    - Modified theme based on Black Ice theme as default
    - Simple blue ice splash & boot animation
    - 4 Way reboot (long press power button)
    - Spareparts tools
    - Compass
    - google maps streetview
    - CM7 camera beside MIUI camera
    - Angry GPS
    - SD card tweak ( to make read sdcard faster )
    - Sony Bravia Engine
    - Default wallpapers have changed, both lockscreen and desktop
    - Centered clock at default
    - etc...

Works:
    - USB tether work great
    - Native Wifi tether work great
    - Haptic feedback
    - Operator names has been fixed for Indonesian operators and some Indian operators
    Any things not mentioned as working.

Not works:

- FM
    - HDMI

Removed:
    - MIUI talk
    - MIUI status

Cpu clock is running at 1.3GHz max and 122MHz min at smartassV2 governor by default. But you can change them with SetCPU or other app.

Credits:
    MIUI credit goes to MIUI devs
    mOCk kernel credit goes to mantera
    Lockscreen credit goes to picard aka fodi
    BlackIce theme credit goes to cgvelmax
    Icons credit goes to foreverone
    other modules & libraries goes to TJ_Style & Issac87
    Edowar for teach me things...
    And others (Sorry I forgot)...

If you update from previous MIUI 2.2.3 or 2.3.9:
    1. Install trough CWM
    2. Wipe cache
    3. wipe dalvik cache
    3. Reboot
    4. Done

The mandatory installation order if update from other rom:
    1. Install trough CWM
    2. Wipe data
    3. Reboot
    4. Wait until settled ( Will takes about 2-3 minutes for first boot)
    5. Reboot again... (will takes faster than first boot )
    6. Done

* The second boot actually is the first fresh boot!

[CK MIUI Dark theme 2.3.30 ]

- Download CK MIUI Dark theme 2.3.30 rom. MD5hash= 8cceb2a369444854956125e6b27a6554
    - Download audio lib patch. (So fool I missed it to integrate :eek:)
    - Download Additional Libs. (This one also :eek:)
    Flash all files using CWM as order, start flash with the rom followed by audio lib patch and the Additional libs file.

[Upgrade to CK MIUI Dark theme 2.4.6 ]

Just back from vacation.. This is my another thanks to forum... since it's one of my best ports.
    - Download The Dark CK MIUI 2.4.6 rom upgrade.
    Added some Malaysian carrier name.
    To upgrade to the dark CK MIUI 2.4.6 you should upgrade it from 2.3.30 above.

For you who want to use SDKernel get it Modded SDKernel v5.0 here... Credit goes to Austrie.

I am not responsible for any damages (bricking/phone ruining) occurred while flashing or using this ROM. By using this ROM, you understand that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT.
    For all who use this miui, please flash the following patch update:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kdd4a455kq4gihm to fix the audio

Sorry, I forgot to update those files in my miui cooker!
    have you kept Softkey lights off ? switches on during lockscreen and then off when on home screen ?

Thanks but I do have SDkernel with me....

Any luck on the "Unknown" issue ? Or guide me where to manually put the carrier codes.

For softkey light settings, find it at Display setting, with Automatic Brightness ticked ON go to Advanced mode -> Use custom ON -> Edit other levels... then configure Buttons value all to zero, those values are for dimmed level of softkey for each brightness, 255 is max value. ( but I think you'll need it to turn on when in the dark ).
    I was surprised to see the list of Indian MNC codes, they separated by city and each city has a lot codes, it's hundreds code in total while Indonesian and Malaysian are just a few for entire country. So hard for me to include them.
    Hasn't found the right file to patch to get the MNC names from network, it could be phone.apk but no time to play around with it. So no need the list if patched.
    The easy way is to override it. Find attached eri.xml inside the zip. Change the word "CacingKalung" to what ever you want ;) and place it in /data folder using root explorer ( I use ES explorer for root explorer). Toggle Air Plane mode to see the change.

bro CK,

any other updates apart from the carrier update? :D Thanks for that, just downloaded and can't wait to flash. Btw, what is the diff between the mOCk kernel in this rom and your previous SDKernel 5.0?

I wanna know cuz I notice a pretty bad battery drain on this kernel, thought of switching to your SDkernel, hopefully no problems occur if I flash. also what is the procedure for flashing the SDkernel :D

What will happen if I clear cache via CWM, do I lose any data? cuz I you said no need full wipe, just wipe cache for flashing your latest OTA.

Thanks for the OTA update again bro CK!

;) Indeed, mOCk kernel felt more warm to phone. You can get modded SDKernel here. Flash it using CWM.
    Your installed data is in data partition, so wipe cache won't wipe your data just lose your cache :D. Cache is temporary storage to make phone work faster, while you use the phone right after boot the system will store some data to it and make it for reference. So if we update something then we have to wipe it in cache to make sure the system will use the new one and not use the old one in cache, the system will update the cache content with the new one.

"EDIT: I did it according to this order - install 2.4.6 -> clear cache -> install sdkernel 5.0 -> clear cache -> reboot, correct? :x"
    Clear cache is needed once, and you can do in any order to install 2.4.6, sdkernel and clear cache. Any order doesn't matter.

You know... You and other members actually helping me up to learn and learn of android not only by discussion but also by questions, sharing things, and ofcourse by critics also. That's why I shared some ports and updates to thanks you all for making me increase my knowledge.
    Halo gan.. :D

regarding Arabic language
    i found rtl fix for MIUI ROM...
    i was already tried it and working.....
    if you want to include it on the rom...please go on.. :D

http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/arabic-and-persian-rtl-fix-30-10-2011-huge-update.723/

also for another language can access below link

http://miuiandroid.com/community/categories/miui-translations.81/