FORUMS

[Android][Unlock/S-OFF] SunShine for modern Motorola & HTC devices

6,331 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,901

By jcase, Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor on 23rd June 2014, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2016, 07:46 PM |#4271  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 96

More
I'm going to say this and then I'm going to drop it because we're all entitled to our opinions and I truly respect everyone's right to have a different one than me but Sunshine app devs are NOT the bad guys here! HTC and other phone manufactures ARE! They are the ones who lock down their nand storage partitions without a stock easy way of getting into them. They have their own reasons for that but let's not get it twisted.

It's like a car manufacture that won't let you look under the hood of your own car. One guy comes along and says I can stick my screwdriver between the hood and the latch and jimmy your hood open for free but you might need some touch up paint after I'm done and another guy(Sunshine app) saying I have your model specific tool that allows your own in car hood release to work the way all other car hood latches work and it's permanent but will cost you $25! I know which way I'm going but some people need free and I respect that . Just don't be mad that you've got touch up paint and I don't.

This particular exploit is hard. The way I know that is these guys keep "begging" for competition from the indignant seats and it's crickets every time! Keep it up and we're going to end up like some other phone manufacturers customers that have zero options for S off and there are some. Then $25 will seem like nothing because that's what we will have, NOTHING!

Also, with text not speech this post could be read as being "mad" with all the exclamation points but it's absolutely not. It's more like" exasperated". Everything on the internet is not free. Thank you Sunshine devs for giving me a choice. That's all this is is an option.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thoctor Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 02:35 AM |#4272  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoctor

I'm going to say this and then I'm going to drop it because we're all entitled to our opinions and I truly respect everyone's right to have a different one than me but Sunshine app devs are NOT the bad guys here! HTC and other phone manufactures ARE! They are the ones who lock down their nand storage partitions without a stock easy way of getting into them. They have their own reasons for that but let's not get it twisted.

It's like a car manufacture that won't let you look under the hood of your own car. One guy comes along and says I can stick my screwdriver between the hood and the latch and jimmy your hood open for free but you might need some touch up paint after I'm done and another guy(Sunshine app) saying I have your model specific tool that allows your own in car hood release to work the way all other car hood latches work and it's permanent but will cost you $25! I know which way I'm going but some people need free and I respect that . Just don't be mad that you've got touch up paint and I don't.

This particular exploit is hard. The way I know that is these guys keep "begging" for competition from the indignant seats and it's crickets every time! Keep it up and we're going to end up like some other phone manufacturers customers that have zero options for S off and there are some. Then $25 will seem like nothing because that's what we will have, NOTHING!

Also, with text not speech this post could be read as being "mad" with all the exclamation points but it's absolutely not. It's more like" exasperated". Everything on the internet is not free. Thank you Sunshine devs for giving me a choice. That's all this is is an option.

You hit the nail on the head thoctor. $25 is a bargain for what Sunshine does. I often see people complain about having to pay the $25 (it's too expensive, it should be free, etc.). Did they ever consider the amount of time that Beaups, JCase and crew (if any) put in to this exploit? Obviously it's not very easy to accomplish because no one else is doing it. Maybe instead of complaining, they should try writing their own exploit. I myself am on a fixed income and have purchased Sunshine for 2 different phones, and when I get my next HTC One, I'll purchase Sunshine again. I appreciate the fact that Beaups and JCase are generous enough to share their hard work with us.

I'm done with my soapbox.

Thanks Beaups and JCase for keeping our HTC One M7 relevant.

Frank

Edit: For anyone that would like to root, s-off and unlock the HTC One M7 without a computer, just send me a PM and I'll tell you what tools I used to accomplish this.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KB2VYZ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KB2VYZ Ad-Free
23rd January 2016, 04:51 AM |#4273  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I paid, sunshine had hiccups with 626s, update came and still no dice. Now 626s support has been put on hold and I'm not worried. These guys work hard to do what they do. I support them and stand behind sunshine, regardless that my s-off dreams have been put on hold. The 626s is a stubborn trick! In the end I know that should this 626 nut not crack, Jcase and Beaups will give my money back. Don't worry guys, I'm in no rush.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefuryofZ3US For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thefuryofZ3US Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 03:37 PM |#4274  
Flag Shepherdsville
Thanks Meter: 946

More
without a doubt the best 25 bucks ive ever spent works like magic does everything from the app and does it fast and customer service is second to none i had a question before purchasing which i was able to ask indide the app and recieved replies from jcase and beaups within seconds on a sunday morning no less
The Following User Says Thank You to tclemens For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tclemens Ad-Free
26th January 2016, 03:26 PM |#4275  
Flag Shropshire
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Just to report - success with HTC M8 running ARDH 51.0 on 4.16.401.10 firmware.
Had a scary moment when I got a call during the first long test, but it coped.
However it did say "follow the prompts after the reboot" but there weren't any; the phone just came up to the home screen as normal. I ran the app again and it finished the process.
28th January 2016, 12:16 AM |#4276  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
after sushine s-off htc one m9 loads lock screen with no activity
I recently downloaded Sunshine apk and successfully went through all check ups to s-off. after reboot lock screen shows with no icons and all I can do is power off or reboot. In bootloader , it will no recover back up . Any suggestions...... Oh Snap !!just saw where at&t version still locked. I have at&t gsm. What NOw!!!!!!!
28th January 2016, 03:10 AM |#4277  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Taco Vendor
Flag Sequim WA
Thanks Meter: 15,901

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpatton25

I recently downloaded Sunshine apk and successfully went through all check ups to s-off. after reboot lock screen shows with no icons and all I can do is power off or reboot. In bootloader , it will no recover back up . Any suggestions...... Oh Snap !!just saw where at&t version still locked. I have at&t gsm. What NOw!!!!!!!

Submit a support ticket at http://therootninja.zendesk.com tell us what phone, and how you paid so we can find diagnostic logs for your phone.
29th January 2016, 09:41 AM |#4278  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3

More
What is the 3.2.3 update? does it work better than 1st release for the turbo what's the changelog
29th January 2016, 12:51 PM |#4279  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Dublin, OH
Thanks Meter: 7,276

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen31

What is the 3.2.3 update? does it work better than 1st release for the turbo what's the changelog

Changelog is on the download page. Turbo support is solid.

--beaups

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beaups For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2016, 11:10 AM |#4280  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'd be more than happy to pay 25 for a Verizon m9 exploit.
3rd February 2016, 10:43 PM |#4281  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I just had to replace my M8 via Asurian. Unfortunately, it comes with 5.0.1 pre-installed. What is the latest news on sunshine updates for the HTC One M8?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)