The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates

Search This thread

mattlgroff

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
excuse the question but where do I find this boot.img Vodafone FR 81.5.39001?
I'm sorry the question is not yet know much about android.
I had jelly bean with your method [Homemade Fastboots] i Unlocked RAZR's Only! [Windows], but installed a tweak that brick my device.
I would like to again ultilizar your method, but my computer has only 512 mb of ram.
sorry again the bad english

Take the boot.img out of the homemade fast boot and flash only that. Its small and RAM won't be an issue.

(Your phone has twice the RAM as your computer lol)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gnavarroc

Jun 15, 2011
Santiago
www.facebook.com
No.

Ota updates only work from Point A to Point B and nothing else.

Use a Homemade fastboot with an unlocked boot loader and you can be on Jellybean.

thanks for your help last question, if iam currently on ics latest version for latin america and i want to use 91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU - 4.1.2 from your homemade fastboot thread, will i have so problems or something? if so what should i do first? sorry for so much noob question but my last phone was a sony ericsson and they where really easy to flash w/o risk of anything

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
thanks for your help last question, if iam currently on ics latest version for latin america and i want to use 91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU - 4.1.2 from your homemade fastboot thread, will i have so problems or something? if so what should i do first? sorry for so much noob question but my last phone was a sony ericsson and they where really easy to flash w/o risk of anything

You can read the OP of the homemade fast boot thread....

If you have issues wipe data and it'll be fine. This has been posted over 9000 times and I don't like typing it over and over :(

an44er

Apr 8, 2012
Moscow
Why I can`t flash "81.5.4002-91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU 4.0.4-4.1.2" on my 81.5.40002.Retail.en.EU firmware?
When I flash it says:
"file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop" no such file or directory
(Status 7)"

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Why I can`t flash "81.5.4002-91.2.26001.Retail.en.EU 4.0.4-4.1.2" on my 81.5.40002.Retail.en.EU firmware?
When I flash it says:
"file_getprop: failed to stat "/system/build.prop" no such file or directory
(Status 7)"

It claims your build.prop isn't stock 40002 EU.

Use a homemade fastboot if you cannot figure it out ;)

Paulinhip

Dec 26, 2012
jaci-sp
Take the boot.img out of the homemade fast boot and flash only that. Its small and RAM won't be an issue.

(Your phone has twice the RAM as your computer lol)

Thank Mattlgroff.
I have not used the OTA update I used your method: [Homemade Fastboots] i Unlocked RAZR's Only! [Windows].
Orem could not do on my pc because of the low ram of 512. I did in my brother's house that has 4 gb of ram, and it worked perfectly.
thank you friend her attention, waiting for any news. :)

jean001luc

Aug 2, 2010
I wonder if someone can help ;
I am currently on 81.5.39001 - retail.en.GB
I want to get JB but in order to do that i FIRST need to be on 4002 EU.

Is it possible to apply the OTA update 39001 (EU) to 4002 (EU) to my current ROM which is a GB version.

I am happy to unlock the bootloader and either use fastboot or CWM if requried. The main question is if I can conver to EU version from the GB version using the UPDATES listed on the first page of this thread
thanks

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
AW: The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates

First > unlocked Bootloader is required!

Download the 32 or 31 Retail EU FastbootFile > edit the xml that you use with RSD and delete the complete line "Motoboot"

Flash with RSD

Download the right Update.zip (31 or 32, depends on your Retail EU Fastboot) to get on 40002 EU over the Recovery.

After that you're able to apply the JB OTA

Sent from my XT890

Reactions: jean001luc

jean001luc

Aug 2, 2010
First > unlocked Bootloader is required!

Download the 32 or 31 Retail EU FastbootFile > edit the xml that you use with RSD and delete the complete line "Motoboot"

Flash with RSD

Download the right Update.zip (31 or 32, depends on your Retail EU Fastboot) to get on 40002 EU over the Recovery.

After that you're able to apply the JB OTA

Sent from my XT890

Thank you. will try in next couple of days

limestar

May 9, 2006
Why do I have 2800....?

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360102916875.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360102916875.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 243

johnfdoe

Apr 18, 2008
AW: The Unofficial Thread of Official OTA Updates

Seems To be the New Version. :)
Stop askin'

Sent from my XT890 using xda app-developers app

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Added 81.5.39002-91.2.26001.O2.en.DE.

As for knowing when the T-Mobile OTA comes out that's impossible to say without yours and others helps to tell us when and to pull the update :)

Reactions: Deshabilitado

princegary

Jun 8, 2005
uh oh

Had a notification that an update was available - 370 odd mb so went to update. downloaded then went to the lil green android screen......frozen at what looks like updating radio for 2 hrs. think the battery has just died so it's switched itself off now. Im in the UK on Tmobile with standard ics, no mods completely factory.

Motorola buggered my phone.....lol

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
Had a notification that an update was available - 370 odd mb so went to update. downloaded then went to the lil green android screen......frozen at what looks like updating radio for 2 hrs. think the battery has just died so it's switched itself off now. Im in the UK on Tmobile with standard ics, no mods completely factory.

Motorola buggered my phone.....lol

I see, so you didn't pull it for us....? I'm glad some people are helping the community by giving back in this small way, but its sad to see when its forgotten, especially when it explains how in the first post :(

Last edited:

niijonodhg

Oct 22, 2012
UK JB

This was posted on the Motorola Owners Forum on Feb 4th, in regards to how the update is being rolled out officially (this is in response to myself asking when I would get JB in the UK)

Hi all,

Jelly Bean, like all updates, is being rolled out in steps to ensure that appearing bugs can be fixed straight away.

This is common practice with all manufacturers. To ensure that you are staying on top of the list, please do not reset your phones to factory settings as this will requeue the devices' IMEI number.

The released builds are considered as safe, still there is the odd chance of a software update rendering a device unfunctional (which means it needs to go for a repair). To minimize this chance to as close to zero as possible, the precaution of steps is taken.

Once the tests are finished, Jelly Bean will be rolled out to everyone.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Nicole

Source

Reactions: yuripg1

Top Liked Posts