FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FLASHABLE ZIP] Google Gapps + Amazon AppShop - HDX 7", 8.9" (Thor, Apollo)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,355

By Cpasjuste, Senior Member on 20th December 2013, 02:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd December 2013, 06:54 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faznx92

You can't. Wait for Hashcode to roll out an update for twrp(the safestrap). Check here

ok for now i will be enough happy with this "dual boot" system
at least i can play with game requiring play store as plant vs zombie 2......
thanks for reply!!
22nd December 2013, 10:41 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,

I have problem with settings. When I choose Settings-> Language & keyboard -> Keyboard settings it shows up "google voice typing settings" instead to dialog which allows me to choose keyboard. Have somebody met with similar problem? And now I can't type any word

[edited]
I've created everything from scratch and now it's working.
22nd December 2013, 11:22 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
I got wallpapers working.
If fixed youtube by updating it in the play store
Gmail just won't open. <--------
23rd December 2013, 12:00 AM |#54  
I installed this on top of what I did in Android Cowboy's thread, ( KindleFree + Android Cowboy + flashing this) and I have retained working Google Apps (Gmail, Google Now, etc) and now have a working Play Store. I've been running stable for over 24 hours now.

Unfortunately, this disables Kindle FreeTime, which is a problem for my kids. Might have to setup two ROMSlots, one for Amazon functionality and one for Google functionality. Still trying to find a workaround, but this is likely the result of the CM10 download manager, as if you add back the launcher and the App Store, you still can't download new apps...

BTW, does anyone see the 'Kindle is upgrading...' every reboot since flash? I haven't tried to troubleshoot this yet...
23rd December 2013, 12:04 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Alex_

I installed this on top of what I did in Android Cowboy's thread, ( KindleFree + Android Cowboy + flashing this) and I have retained working Google Apps and now have a working Play Store. I've been running stable for over 24 hours now.

Unfortunately, this disables Kindle FreeTime, which is a problem for my kids. Might have to setup two ROMSlots, one for Amazon functionality and one for Google functionality. Still trying to find a workaround, but this is likely the result of the CM10 download manager, as if you add back the launcher and the App Store, you still can't download new apps...

BTW, does anyone see the 'Kindle is upgrading...' every reboot since flash? I haven't tried to troubleshoot this yet...

I also get the kindle is upgrading every time. It hasn't caused any issues, so I'm not overly concerned with it, although I am curious as to why it does it.
23rd December 2013, 12:20 AM |#56  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 2,284

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Alex_

Everytime I wipe cache & dalvik on my phones (galaxy s4, etc) I get "android is upgrading". Sounds like Kindle is doing the same thing but changed the wording.
23rd December 2013, 12:40 AM |#57  
Flag Osaka
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is there anyone who can use AmazonAppStore with this tutorial?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
23rd December 2013, 01:50 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZ Eddie

Everytime I wipe cache & dalvik on my phones (galaxy s4, etc) I get "android is upgrading". Sounds like Kindle is doing the same thing but changed the wording.

Every time the hdx reboots to this it loads all the extra stuff. Just let it boot and everything is find. It does say that but it will boot up. Not an issue. I can't get gmail to word though.
23rd December 2013, 09:06 AM |#59  
Flag Hà Nội/Việt Nam
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hello everyone
Sorry english is not my main language
I have a Kindle Fire 7 HDX
I've run SAFESTRAP and a recovery
Then I downloaded gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip to install through recovery and to implement a CH Play
But things are going well at the boot screen language option.
I have a wide variety of optional language but still can not go to be in.
Only option to display the language and ends.
I have wifi connection
Expecting people to help.
Thank you

23rd December 2013, 09:41 PM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinbacninh_city

Hello everyone
Sorry english is not my main language
I have a Kindle Fire 7 HDX
I've run SAFESTRAP and a recovery
Then I downloaded gapps-jb-20130812-signed.zip to install through recovery and to implement a CH Play
But things are going well at the boot screen language option.
I have a wide variety of optional language but still can not go to be in.
Only option to display the language and ends.
I have wifi connection
Expecting people to help.
Thank you

Please read the instructions before posting. You need to remove setup wizard.apk from that zip before flashing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
23rd December 2013, 09:55 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Sounds like there's no way to keep Amazon services working while allowing Play store downloads to work. I'm a huge Amazon spender and prime customer so it'd be nice to have it working alongside Play store without resorting to rebooting to different rom slots.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gqukyo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gqukyo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)