Now what?

Search This thread

GlitchMob

Apr 4, 2013
Bay Area
I've rooted and installed HD RLS14, but I am now left pondering what next?

Its funny because at its core, the S4 is a phone, and I find myself wondering how else I can modify the S4? HyperDrive is a fantastic rom and I have had zero issues since I've installed it.

I now feel this need to do more to the phone, but there is nothing I can do to improve it. Sure, I can modify the aesthetics of the rom, but I can only do that so many times. The point I am getting to is that we do not know what we want as humans, and once we have what we truly need, we realize it is not enough or I should say we think it is not enough. Despite the fact that we have no idea of how to fulfill that "need" that really isn't there.

Sorry for blabbing. I'm just bored.

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W

Its funny because at its core, the S4 is a phone, and I find myself wondering how else I can modify the S4? HyperDrive is a fantastic rom and I have had zero issues since I've installed it.

I now feel this need to do more to the phone, but there is nothing I can do to improve it. Sure, I can modify the aesthetics of the rom, but I can only do that so many times. The point I am getting to is that we do not know what we want as humans, and once we have what we truly need, we realize it is not enough or I should say we think it is not enough. Despite the fact that we have no idea of how to fulfill that "need" that really isn't there.

Why not take the time now and learn how to modify and/or make what it is you want? Isn't that what this site is and why we are here for? ;)

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Exactly like Naddict said... Play around. Learn more. There's a lot of things you can change or modify. I've been at this a while myself and I learn something new everyday. Check out the XDA University or one of the countless guides on here for any number of tips and tricks. These phones are just little computers now. Pretty cool stuff!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

Venture out a little and learn something new for starters....

I have been testing all the ss compatible ROMS which now are getting close to 2 dozen and switch between my day to day HD14 workhorse to each one for a day or 2. Been fun doing so for sure and learning new stuff is the antidote to boredom

Reactions: Naddict

GlitchMob

Apr 4, 2013
Bay Area
Why not take the time now and learn how to modify and/or make what it is you want? Isn't that what this site is and why we are here for? ;)

I think if you really read into what I am saying, you'll realize my point is that we do not know what we want. We constantly want something better to fulfill a need that is created by us, rather than a need that comes from necessity.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I think if you really read into what I am saying, you'll realize my point is that we do not know what we want. We constantly want something better to fulfill a need that is created by us, rather than a need that comes from necessity.

That is why they make so many themes and also Xposed framework, not to mention Alllllllll the ROMs, then add kernels on top of that. No one is going to tell you what to flash here. It is about you.

GlitchMob

Apr 4, 2013
Bay Area
I'm not here asking for direction on what to do. This thread was moved here from the general section. I was just trying to have discussion about what our expectations from these phones actually are.

I did not realize I had to spell it out for some of you. The point of the thread was to elicit a discussion about the users actual needs and expectations regarding the phones.

Lol nm I guess.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
I'm not here asking for direction on what to do. This thread was moved here from the general section. I was just trying to have discussion about what our expectations from these phones actually are.

I did not realize I had to spell it out for some of you. The point of the thread was to elicit a discussion about the users actual needs and expectations regarding the phones.

Lol nm I guess.

I wax taking your post for speaking your opinion on yourself and your own issues. ..I believe you have received adequate responses...boredom is often a result of intellectual laziness. ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma

Lol nm I guess.

I get what you're saying now that you explain yourself that way. In think that's a deep conversation to get into though on here lol not looking for actual answers as to what to do next... But rather discuss our expectations as human beings and relate that to an S4 that can be nodded beyond belief...

I'm just bustin balls here man... Lol
Not trying to knock what you were intending to do!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Exactly like Naddict said... Play around. Learn more. There's a lot of things you can change or modify. I've been at this a while myself and I learn something new everyday. Check out the XDA University or one of the countless guides on here for any number of tips and tricks. These phones are just little computers now. Pretty cool stuff!

Venture out a little and learn something new for starters....

I have been testing all the ss compatible ROMS which now are getting close to 2 dozen and switch between my day to day HD14 workhorse to each one for a day or 2. Been fun doing so for sure and learning new stuff is the antidote to boredom