[Q] Should I buy the HOX or wait for HOX+

Search This thread

AirSupply

Mar 6, 2008
Hi guys,

I am in dilema between keeping the HOX International or waiting for the HOX+ that is coming up shortly. I really like the form factor and the design of the One X series. I abandoned my "religion" in iOS just to convert to Android for my sake.

As we all know that the HOX+ is slightly better than the HOX S720e (more battery and CPU is a bit faster). However, if they both run on JB, do the new changes make any different?

I also hesitate to deal with the defective hardwares of the original HOX. I have checked it carefully, but I am not sure if other issues will come later. I am using it on Straight Talk and love the service. I haven't experienced any slow down during the peak time in Minnesota.

Please help me to weight my decision. Thank you

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
I really don't think there is going to be a lot of difference between them in real world usage.

Might be worth waiting for the +, and then buying the 'standard' one as the price is bound to take a dive.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Depends if you want a white phone as the One X+ only comes in black (booo!!). There isn't a lot of difference but the increase in battery might be worth a go...

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
If i were you i would definitely go for HOX+, but it aint worth the price difference.(approx 200$ without packages)

Im actually thinking of exchanging my HOX for HOX+ (dont tell anyone)

bippo

Dec 29, 2009
X+

If i were you i would definitely go for HOX+, but it aint worth the price difference.(approx 200$ without packages)

Im actually thinking of exchanging my HOX for HOX+ (dont tell anyone)

I have ordered X+, is new, is Super Quick, is JB and maybe all teething cured.;)

ArmedandDangerous

Aug 8, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
X+ would definitely be the better phone, if only for the bigger battery and better front camera. But I doubt that developers will buy yet another iterative phone to develop on.

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
Hey guys, I am intrested in purchasing the HOX depending on how good the updates for the One X are.

*I wanted to know what is the camera like with the 4.1 update or even better still jelly bean
*Also has the video recording frame rate been improved over the rather dull 24fps.
*Finally the battery life how does it fair now with the updates

I was considering the HOX+ but I am concerned about the audio not being as good as or as loud as the orginal HOX for some reason and also I really like the White HOX but things that do appeal to me in the HOX+ are the 64gb memory considering the HOX has 26gb user availble and on my S3 my 32gb card has more than that, plus the built in storage aswell.
Also the fact the battery is bigger on the HOX+ and it uses a slightly newer version of the processor.

Despite this the price of the HOX is tempting as it is £380 on amazon or expansys while the HOX+ is £474 at Clove

Esaj2

May 11, 2010
Tampere
If I was buying a new phone now, I would probably choose the One X+. But you have to remember that the original One X is likely to get cheaper when the One X+ is released. And to be honest, the real world difference between the One X and the One X+ is really minimal. Maybe the biggest advantage over the original One X is the LTE support but this is only relevant, if you live in the US or parts of Europe where LTE is supported. The processor is just slightly faster and the battery is a bit bigger so they won't give you a significant difference. I would go as far as to say that it would be completely pointless upgrade if you already have the original One X.

AirSupply

Mar 6, 2008
Thank you all for your inputs. I admit that I love the white color of the HOX. The "so-so" battery life is not a big problem to me because I have developed a habit to charge the phone whenever I have available access to it.

RCJ89

Oct 5, 2012
london, UK
So saying that, I would like to know how the camera performs on 4.1 update or even jelly bean update
has the video recording been boosted from 24fps and
battery life how good has it got since update I think these will lead me to my decision of which one to purchase tbh.

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
Kinda surprised the One X+ isn't LTE but as there is the One XL I'm not surprised

I reread the press release and checked wikipedia and yeah, they've done it again; made the models confusing by having LTE and not LTE but with the same name. Maybe. Or whatever.

Oh well, given that LTE is gonna be on different frequencies everywhere, looks like 4G is going to be a bit of a fail for roaming. Probably a good thing considering what they charge for roaming data :eek:

AirSupply

Mar 6, 2008
I think LTE is the only cheeseburger for ATT subscribers. For those who use Straight Talk, it may not be an option. Correct me if I am wrong

foxymyeung

Oct 19, 2011
I would wait for the One X+... the significant difference on the larger battery, and the improved front camera really fix the issues I've had with the One X.. regardless of having my One X rooted with custom rom & kernel. You just can't hack a battery to make it larger. =P Plus I've found that though the front camera is 'good enough' for video chat & photos IF there is enough light.. it really does need to be upped - which they did for the One X+. Everything else is the same, but it is nice to have LTE with the Tegra 3 chip - as long as your network provider has good coverage.

joewong1991

Aug 2, 2012
They are about the same just tweaked abit but i would wait just for the 64 gb of memory iv nealy filled my hox with just games and theres more coming out and dont wont to delete anything

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium