FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Thread Deleted Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
As i am sure most of you are aware a lot of D802 users are now receiving kitkat updates. It doesn't seem to matter what version/country this bug is definitely present. Currently you will have to downgade to Jellybean if you can't live with it. I want to gather some info so here we go.

What is this bug.?

A crackling/hissing noise most noticeable in the left ear when using headphones. It isn't present until you actually play something.

How can i reproduce this bug?

Easy plug in some headphones and play some music. When music is playing the noise is most noticeable for me at LOWER volumes below the 50% mark. Easiest way to hear it is play the song even if it's just one second and then pause. For at least 5-10 seconds after pausing it the hissing will continue.

How can we fix it?

It is definitely a software not hardware issue as the noise was not present (or at least not as prominent) in Jellybean roms. I'm not holding my breath for a fix from LG at all so we need to all dig together. For a start if someone is still on Jellybean i would appreciate a copy of your build.prop and /system/etc just so i can have a compare of those between JB and KK. If it's more related to the audio libs then i'm out of my depth!

Update. It seems that the issue is a lot less common when using the LG Quadbeat headphones that came with the phone.

LG UK tweeted a reply to this issue stating that they will pass it on to their R+D department and they will look after us as customers.

Please try and tweet LG in your territory too but please don't spam them.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ephumuris For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ephumuris Ad-Free
Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)