FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

THAT Kitkat Audio Bug - Hissing/Crackling.

3,678 posts
Thanks Meter: 635

By ephumuris, Senior Member on 15th March 2014, 10:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd May 2014, 04:45 AM |#501  
Flag Ancona
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I would like to remind everyone, if possible, to carry out the test with the song that I have indicated, as with any other song mastered with average volume will have much more difficulty appreciating the flaw. That said, if you say it's no more there, I believe you all and thank you.

EDIT: further testing: if you have a bluetooth headset listen to the same song with this and with the supplied headphones or listen to it on headphones on the PC and then on the phone with the headphones supplied.

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera

I hope this isnt planned obsolescence.

For me it's LG's personnel unplanned premature deafness.
28th May 2014, 11:59 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Info 2
LG support in Sweden just informed me that the bug has a fix, it is being integrated into an update and should be released soon.. No specific date, though
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to legas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift legas Ad-Free
28th May 2014, 02:34 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legas

LG support in Sweden just informed me that the bug has a fix, it is being integrated into an update and should be released soon.. No specific date, though

Will ut be released as a full size rom or just small update?

Sent fra min LG-D802 via Tapatalk
29th May 2014, 01:28 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
LG Support of little help
I purchased my phone in NZ about a month ago and have been having the same issues after upgrading to 4.4.2. (D802T20b-AUS-XX)

It's not really noticeable on LG's Quadbeats but quite obvious on my Shure 535's and Logitech UE 9000.

I decided to follow the official channels by sending LG an e-mail only to find that you can only send them information via a submission on their webpage which is capped at 1,000 characters. So i did this and when I went to submit it, the website came back with that fact that it was undergoing maintenance and my whole message was lost which was annoying to say the least.

Anyway, I gave them a call on their 0800 number and spoke to one of the 'support team' who kept telling me I needed to reset my phone and then perform a system recovery. I kept telling him that the issue was the software update and not a setting on the phone. I guess he got sick of me because he said quickly blurted out "HaveanicedaythankyouforcallingLG." and hung up.

Has anyone else in Australia/New Zealand had any luck escalating this issue with LG? I would rather avoid rooting my phone to resolve the issue as I'm concerned about bricking it.

Cheers.
29th May 2014, 05:25 AM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
^^
I am sure they are aware of it the people in the know
bachera
29th May 2014, 12:20 PM |#506  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sradtke

I purchased my phone in NZ about a month ago and have been having the same issues after upgrading to 4.4.2. (D802T20b-AUS-XX)

It's not really noticeable on LG's Quadbeats but quite obvious on my Shure 535's and Logitech UE 9000.

I decided to follow the official channels by sending LG an e-mail only to find that you can only send them information via a submission on their webpage which is capped at 1,000 characters. So i did this and when I went to submit it, the website came back with that fact that it was undergoing maintenance and my whole message was lost which was annoying to say the least.

Anyway, I gave them a call on their 0800 number and spoke to one of the 'support team' who kept telling me I needed to reset my phone and then perform a system recovery. I kept telling him that the issue was the software update and not a setting on the phone. I guess he got sick of me because he said quickly blurted out "HaveanicedaythankyouforcallingLG." and hung up.

Has anyone else in Australia/New Zealand had any luck escalating this issue with LG? I would rather avoid rooting my phone to resolve the issue as I'm concerned about bricking it.

Cheers.

thanks bro, the more do this the higher numbers and weight this issue gets to get resolved. If I can give you a tip, via any webform, always copy before submit your message, have had it to many times my wonder text got lost.
29th May 2014, 04:03 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I can confirm that flashing Dorimanx's kernel(4.6 and up) fixes the audio hissing bug on my phone(latest stock version).

Thread for the kernel:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725023

Download location for kernels (be sure to pick the one that beloings to your phone version):
http://dorimanx.shine.sk/LG/
bachera
29th May 2014, 05:12 PM |#508  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManNL

I can confirm that flashing Dorimanx's kernel(4.6 and up) fixes the audio hissing bug on my phone(latest stock version).

Thread for the kernel:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2725023

Download location for kernels (be sure to pick the one that beloings to your phone version):
http://dorimanx.shine.sk/LG/

audio is still distorted, range is lower
30th May 2014, 04:28 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Hi folks

Just to let you know, this happens with 4.2.2 on my Nexus 4, so it must be Android related. In my old car, I'd plug the audio jack into the phone to listen to Spotify when driving and the left speakers would always have this noticable high pitched noise. I would also hear it with 3rd party earphones. Really annoying.
30th May 2014, 07:40 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachera

audio is still distorted, range is lower

thats right bro..
+1
i hope there any solution

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th May 2014, 10:23 PM |#511  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 103

More
I'm still on 4.2.2 just because it sounds perfect with my high end Ultimate Ears UE900 iems. I would never buy a phone with such audio flaws (as it is on 4.4) and I will never buy any LG product again if they won't fix it.
The Following User Says Thank You to soulreaver1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soulreaver1 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)