FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

THAT Kitkat Audio Bug - Hissing/Crackling.

3,678 posts
Thanks Meter: 635

By ephumuris, Senior Member on 15th March 2014, 10:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th March 2015, 12:18 PM |#601  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The solution
After a lot of trying i found out that if you go to accessibility and change the sound balance all the way to the right, the noise is gone! And you still hear stereo sound.
30th April 2015, 04:23 PM |#602  
Flag Košice
Thanks Meter: 51

More
So, is there any permanent fix? For a while I was using G2 TweaksBox where is an option to kind-of-fix-it, I was using the phone like this for a few months, honestly, I haven't noticed any hiss, cracking or anything after checking that option, so I wasn't paying attention about fixing it permanently. A week ago I was on a trip, listening to some music and the hiss/cracking was back! I'm using hifi headphones Sennheiser IE80, and it's most noticeable at deep basses, it sounds like if the music was compressed, even though I'm listening to HQ FLAC. Is there any permanent fix for it? I've seen some tutorials like "do a ****load of steps then the hiss is gone until the music stops playing" and such, but nothing permanent...
30th April 2015, 09:51 PM |#603  
Flag Tehran

More
Unhappy Hissing+Crackling on LG L50 headphones or not!
Hello,

I have a similar issue on my newly bought LG L50. It comes with a 4.4.2 out of the box.

when ever a sound is played, music or else, when finished, it is followed by about a second of hissing then a crackling and it stops.
The hissing was inaudible without headphones or putting the phone's speaker right to my ear; but the crackling is very annoying. I had to turn off all the menu and touch feedback sounds in order to reduce the frequency of it happening.

wishing for a fix...
2nd May 2015, 02:53 PM |#604  
Flag Košice

More
Anyone?
4th May 2015, 01:39 AM |#605  
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Bruce kernel fixed it for me, even without g tweakbox.

Sent from my LG-D802
5th May 2015, 07:53 AM |#606  

More
Just try to flash another kernel...
9th May 2015, 04:46 AM |#607  
Flag Košice

More
Hmm, so some kernels might fix it, thanks. Even though I don't really like flashing around with my G2 because of the infamous black lines, so I'm still running stock KK only rooted and TWRP. But I think I will go for it.
19th June 2015, 02:51 AM |#608  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
I just acquired another D802 after 3 months with a One plus One that sounded great but was plagued by touch screen problems.
That hiss is still there, noticeable on my xiaomi piston 2s and unacceptable on my main portable headphones - Sennheiser HD25-ii that work brilliantly with EVERY other portable device I have. Upgraded to 5.02 to see if it was fixed and no, it's worse than ever. I've had five of these things now.
Am I unlucky or is it a generalized hardware fault? Will a different rom or kernel really make any difference? I love this phone but unless I find a fix I'm going to have to get an S5. Someone save me!
17th August 2015, 04:49 PM |#609  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarrick19

Hmm, so some kernels might fix it, thanks. Even though I don't really like flashing around with my G2 because of the infamous black lines, so I'm still running stock KK only rooted and TWRP. But I think I will go for it.

I flashed the Bruce kernel (which was easy, and my G2 really does seem to be snappier now) and although the hissing was mostly gone, it was still there sporadically (short hisses every couple of seconds only when playing audio). The Xposed G2 Tweaksbox fix does remove that though and my audio is finally clean now, as it should be!
5th April 2017, 12:39 PM |#610  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Anyone else on Lolipop having this problem? Its annoying.

Device: LG G2 D800
Rom/Kernel: NDM 5. 5/Dorimanx 12.0
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)