203 Vote(s)
8.21%
RK3188 - 800X480

467 Vote(s)
18.88%
RK3188 - 1024X600

1,350 Vote(s)
54.57%

[ROM][RK3066/RK3188][SD/HD] Malaysk ROMs Android 4.4.4 for any yet known MTCB-Device

1,520 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,299

By Malaysk, Senior Member on 18th January 2015, 06:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2018, 10:00 PM |#8921  
Thanks Meter: 1,515

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456

**Reverse / backup Camera Installation help request**

Hey all, I am attempting to add a backup camera to an old Android HU RK3066. There's not a whole lot I can find on this unit anymore since it is old. I am having issues hooking the camera to the HU. I do not see a dedicated reverse wire/cable to trigger the video. The wiring diagram on the HU shows a pink wire and it is labeled (Brake) on the wire itself but on the wiring diagram it is labeled (Revese) <-----not reverse but revese?
I dont seem to be getting any video displayed. The unit came with cambus so when I put the car in reverse the backup display is shown but still not able to see video.
I have tried most options. I put vide0 cable (yellow) to the cam in, the video in, the aux in, etc but still no display.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. It is most likely my lack of understanding all the components.
Here are a few pics of what I am working with.

The "revese" wire is the one you want.

If it still doesnt work go into factory settings and try turning reverse cam on or off (on some units it has to be set to off to be on).

The other end of the trigger wire has to be connected to the reverse light positive.

11th September 2018, 11:01 PM |#8922  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typos1

The "revese" wire is the one you want.

If it still doesnt work go into factory settings and try turning reverse cam on or off (on some units it has to be set to off to be on).

The other end of the trigger wire has to be connected to the reverse light positive.

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go. Much appreciated.
11th September 2018, 11:09 PM |#8923  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
On another note. Years ago there was some discussion about these early units having a bad microphone. I think there were some that were soldering a mic to the unit board. When I had this unit out, I noticed there was a MIC connector input directly on the HU. Anyone plugging an external mic in to this will work when using bluetooth? I dont have a good pic at the moment but I grabbed this one from a vid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HU.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	4593923  
11th September 2018, 11:22 PM |#8924  
Thanks Meter: 1,515

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

On another note. Years ago there was some discussion about these early units having a bad microphone. I think there were some that were soldering a mic to the unit board. When I had this unit out, I noticed there was a MIC connector input directly on the HU. Anyone plugging an external mic in to this will work when using bluetooth? I dont have a good pic at the moment but I grabbed this one from a vid.

Most units have an external mic input for BT as well as the front mic, so yes, sometimes the internal mic needs to be removed (or the wires cut, or some sealant put in the hole) as the internal and external mics are wired together. Plenty of threads about this in the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to typos1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typos1 Ad-Free
12th September 2018, 01:04 AM |#8925  
Flag Dera Ghazi Khan
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Thanks dear
12th September 2018, 02:44 AM |#8926  
Flag Seven Corners, VA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

My unit was sold to me with external mic. Works really well clipped to a sun visor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
23rd September 2018, 09:41 PM |#8927  
Flag Andalusia
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Backup cam kits and their wiring varies; the wireless one I have installed on my 06 Cobalt and my 04 Camry uses this method.
The Video in wire on the HU harness is simply a wire that requires you to splice with a +12 volt source preferably the +12 volt backup wire that runs to your backup light. Splice this and the red +12 volt wire from the wireless backup cam receiver; the transmitter is also spliced into the backup lights +12volt. This is the correct method to install wireless backup cam kit like the one I have that does not have the extra wire on the RCA composite end.
25th September 2018, 10:32 PM |#8928  
Flag Centreville
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

**Reverse / backup Camera Installation help request**

Hey all, I am attempting to add a backup camera to an old Android HU RK3066. There's not a whole lot I can find on this unit anymore since it is old. I am having issues hooking the camera to the HU. I do not see a dedicated reverse wire/cable to trigger the video. The wiring diagram on the HU shows a pink wire and it is labeled (Brake) on the wire itself but on the wiring diagram it is labeled (Revese) <-----not reverse but revese?
I dont seem to be getting any video displayed. The unit came with cambus so when I put the car in reverse the backup display is shown but still not able to see video.
I have tried most options. I put vide0 cable (yellow) to the cam in, the video in, the aux in, etc but still no display.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be great. It is most likely my lack of understanding all the components.
Here are a few pics of what I am working with.

Dwhite456 also check if your specific vehicle uses Pulse DC. This is very common on older VW's like mine where my backup camera wouldn't turn on when car was running but would be ok with the engine off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
26th September 2018, 12:12 AM |#8929  
Flag 42.6525° N, 73.7567° W
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Does anyone have the stock OS for Eonon GA2114 ? My touchscreen needs to be re-calibrated, I can only use the top portion of the screen.
30th September 2018, 11:52 AM |#8930  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
I installed the RK3066 from July 22, 2018 and the "new" Radio App is awful.
Not only cant you tune like in the old version, but if i go to FM 108 by clicking on the scale, suddenly I hear russian language sound, like a song or something and I cant stop it.
If I change to another frequence or even other app, the russian song keeps playing.

How can I delete the radio app and replace it with the old working one ?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

I installed the RK3066 from July 22, 2018 and the "new" Radio App is awful.
Not only cant you tune like in the old version, but if i go to FM 108 by clicking on the scale, suddenly I hear russian language sound, like a song or something and I cant stop it.
If I change to another frequence or even other app, the russian song keeps playing.

How can I delete the radio app and replace it with the old working one ?
6th October 2018, 11:02 AM |#8931  
Flag Hatay
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilieff85

Hi,

does anybody have the following issue:
- I'm using the latest firmware with MicroG (RK3066 800x480)
- I have backup camera
- Sometimes (not all the time) when I get in reverse the camera doesn't start - the screen goes black. I have to press the home button and then in reverse to turn on (sometimes I have to do this several times).
- With the prev ROM version I haven't any issue with my backup camera

Does anyone have my issue and how do I fix it?

Yes i have same issue with last update (not MicroG) reverse cam not working sometimes and when i unplug and plug back canbus box it works well.
and when i change launcher after radio reboot its back to first launcher
and radio light sometimes not light up
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)