Thanks Meter: 10,339

By blk_jack, XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD on 16th June 2012, 09:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2012, 06:22 PM |#501  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,023

Donate to Me
More
The free ram available is around 70-90 mb and it hangs when playing games like temple run.

Any suggestions??

28th June 2012, 06:26 PM |#502  
OP XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhavery

The free ram available is around 70-90 mb and it hangs when playing games like temple run.

Any suggestions??

Which V6 Supercharger settings are you using (or are you just using Androcharger)? Also which governor/Virtuous OC Daemon settings if you've modified any beyond what's included as stock? Also in the Performance settings menu if you have KSM or anything else selected?

Temple Runs works well for me personally with stock everything.

EDIT:

One thing you may also want to do, though your mileage may vary.. I find the "worst" app for running games while Supercharged is the launcher. For general use, I don't want my launcher reloading.. however for memory heavy games that's not the case. The only app I care about is the game! So something to consider would be putting an app killer in the Notification Shortcuts (or run it, exit, load the game & then switch to it via multi-tasking). Once the game is loaded, kill the launcher and voila, tons of otherwise memory freed up.
28th June 2012, 07:18 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk_jack

When you say that the voicemails play within GV are you saying that the FC only happens from the notification area? Are you able to check your voicemail at all with GV?

Also if anybody suffering from new voicemail related issues could provide a log that would be awesome

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Hello, GV works flawlessly, with no issues at all - it notifies me of new messages, and I can read them and play them back with no problem while using the GV app.

If I receive a new voicemail, I get the nice "tape" icon notification indicator at the top of the screen. IfI look at my call log and see the call with the "play" icon beside that, I press the play, which takes you to a voicemail playing screen, it basically freezes on this screen as it is attempting to play the voicemail, it FC's and goes back to the calllog.

https://img.xda-cdn.com/H0UHbE4zKjIGwAeferjN3swDeL8=/http%3A%2F%2Fedboguehosting%2Fpics%2Fscreenshot1.jpg
28th June 2012, 07:22 PM |#504  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Anyone ordering a n7 in this thread?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
28th June 2012, 07:22 PM |#505  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbogue

Hello, GV works flawlessly, with no issues at all - it notifies me of new messages, and I can read them and play them back with no problem while using the GV app.

If I receive a new voicemail, I get the nice "tape" icon notification indicator at the top of the screen. IfI look at my call log and see the call with the "play" icon beside that, I press the play, which takes you to a voicemail playing screen, it basically freezes on this screen as it is attempting to play the voicemail, it FC's and goes back to the calllog.

https://img.xda-cdn.com/H0UHbE4zKjIGwAeferjN3swDeL8=/http%3A%2F%2Fedboguehosting%2Fpics%2Fscreenshot1.jpg

apologies links to pics fixed

28th June 2012, 07:32 PM |#506  
Flag Toronto

More
Ahh okay. Again, if you could get me a logcat log of this that would be fantastic. It actually looks like an issue outside of any of the VM stuff that's been added recently. Did you suffer from this issue in 1.1.0 or is it new in 1.1.1? Also, you've configured your Voicemail settings in Android itself properly I assume?

EDIT:

Also, I assume you've checked this but, it FCs on a completely clean wipe?
28th June 2012, 07:36 PM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
@blk_jack is the jelly bean sdk from the android sdk, for you help?
28th June 2012, 07:45 PM |#508  

More
Happy to oblige - yet lacking the know how - do i use adb to generate a logcat? Or is it in developer options? A pointer would get me going.

In 1.1.0 the play back of voicemail worked perfectly. My voicemail settings are configured correctly.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

here is a logcat

last thing I did before running it was repeat the problem

http://edboguehostinf.com/pics/logcat.txt
28th June 2012, 07:48 PM |#509  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan179

@blk_jack is the jelly bean sdk from the android sdk, for you help?

wut.

Having SDK doesn't mean anything for us. We need the source, which won't be released until mid-July. Even if we have the source we need to integrate it into the ROM, which is based on CM9, so it'll likely be CM10 by then.

There may be stock JB ROMs out, but this ROM will always be based off Andromadus, which is [currently] based off CM9.

A lot of changes needed to be made to AOSP for ICS to work on the vision, the same will apply w/ JB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbogue

Happy to oblige - yet lacking the know how - do i use adb to generate a logcat? Or is it in developer options? A pointer would get me going.

In 1.1.0 the play back of voicemail worked perfectly. My voicemail settings are configured correctly.

A few things.. 1) Try a clean wipe of 1.1.1 (after backing up your current install) and see if the voicemail issue persists. 2) You can obtain a logcat dump with terminal (or connectbot). Just load terminal, type "su" to get root and then "logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt". Once you've recreated the FC, go back to terminal immediately and hit control-c, then crop/modify the logcat.txt to your liking (it may contain some personal info etc) and upload it to pastebin or such with a link for me

That way I have something to work with & can see specifically where the FC is coming from & look into the code itself for a solution.

Thanks!
28th June 2012, 07:51 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
ok i because in the sdk giv it a optin names "sources for android sdk" i think that was important for yout.
Sorry for my Stupid qustin!
28th June 2012, 08:01 PM |#511  
Flag Toronto

More
*sigh*, I found out the issue. See here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/18255/

Looks like those linaro "optimizations" ended up breaking things, included GV audio playback.

I'm curious what other issues they caused too. Regardless, I'll be merging in that patch from the review for a release if they don't merge it into the main repo soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)