FORUMS

[Android 2.2+] CallRecorder - record phone calls from the phone line

1,168 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,903
 
By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 12:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th December 2018, 02:40 PM |#7201  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantzow

This is interesting, my Call Recorder stopped working on my Pixel 3 (non-XL) on the 30th as well.. The device is rooted and all was working well up until 30/11. I've tried clearing cache/storage, then uninstalled ROOT apk and Play apk. Reinstalled but the problem persists. Did some update roll out that we don't know about?

Are you on Project Fi? Did you perhaps enable the new "Enhance Network" beta that just rolled out in the new Project Fi app about a week ago (creates an always on VPN to Google). Not sure if this could cause issues, but it is worth looking into since I had turned it on initially and off a couple days later... and in retrospect, remember a few of my calls not recording or showing up 0 seconds.

It is working currently for me... (Pixel 3, Dec patch, Rooted)
4th December 2018, 03:13 PM |#7202  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Not on Project Fi, regular Pixel 3 with just Magisk root. This is very weird, @skvalex - I can provide debug logs if you need.

As stated I tried clearing data/cache, then uninstalling both APKs (App & ROOT module), re-installing from Google Play and still this problem persists
7th December 2018, 04:15 PM |#7203  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantzow

Not on Project Fi, regular Pixel 3 with just Magisk root. This is very weird, @skvalex - I can provide debug logs if you need.

As stated I tried clearing data/cache, then uninstalling both APKs (App & ROOT module), re-installing from Google Play and still this problem persists

It is weird, but my recordings sometimes end up 0 bytes. It seems this happens on outgoing calls so far. Incoming are recording fine. I have 2 sec. / 2 sec. wait set for in/out. I am thinking that turning up the outgoing wait time... or turn off the start recording on answer and try to manually start it... might fix what I am seeing.

Pixel 3, latest dec update, ElementalX kernel, Magisk root, call recorder latest, root module installed, Recording set to Root, Standard API, Voice call uplink + downlink.
7th December 2018, 05:01 PM |#7204  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok just wanted to update the folks, I finally got it working by re-installing Magisk 17.3 from within the Magisk app itself. Rebooted and then it worked, weird is that other root apps worked without issues with the Magisk that was installed.

Anyways back up and running!
8th December 2018, 10:38 AM |#7205  
yreham's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag yerres
Thanks Meter: 84
 
Donate to Me
More
Hello, can i use this app as a substitute for my voicemail?
Like can it answer a call automatically after a certain number of rings?
8th December 2018, 02:49 PM |#7206  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreham

Hello, can i use this app as a substitute for my voicemail?
Like can it answer a call automatically after a certain number of rings?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Yes. Make your phone auto pick up like when you use handsfree.
The Following User Says Thank You to badai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift badai Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 03:24 PM |#7207  
Hippie459MN's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Francis, Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 394
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreham

Hello, can i use this app as a substitute for my voicemail?
Like can it answer a call automatically after a certain number of rings?

This app have nothing to do with anything related to Voicemail. This is for recording phone calls between two people, thats it. It will not answer the phone for you either. You can set it however to start recording your phone call when your phone either places or answers a call.

If you want auto answer, that is in your phones actual settings and can only be used when hands free (i.e. bluetooth turned on) is being used if om not mistaken. I personally dont use auto answer and never will cause I dont always want to talk to the person calling. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Hippie459MN For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hippie459MN Ad-Free
9th December 2018, 02:09 AM |#7208  
Marvino.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Egypt
Thanks Meter: 189
 
More
Does anyone knows if there's a substratum theme for this app out there? Why it seems like impossible to find one for this high reputed call recording app? I would like to be able to change the green accent color or you may give it a new look by implementing theming options at the next versions (?)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs
9th December 2018, 03:53 PM |#7209  
tugaia56's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Vicenza
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvino.

Does anyone knows if there's a substratum theme for this app out there? Why it seems like impossible to find one for this high reputed call recording app? I would like to be able to change the green accent color or you may give it a new look by implementing theming options at the next versions (?)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs

hello, in the meantime, sorry for my English from GTranslate ...
@skvalex contacted me to give you an answer, some time ago I asked him for advice to fear the app with my theme and remembered me, I'll tell you right away that you do not find it on the playstore, but only on my site and in the group of my theme, theme that I have done for myself, for friends and for anyone who wants to join, if you want to participate and download the theme you are welcome OnePlus Mods & Theme
ps: I do not know if my theme works on Samsung, wait to prove that I have to finish updating some apps, if it does not work report in the group, I can prepare separate apk for just call recorder by @skvalex
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tugaia56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tugaia56 Ad-Free
9th December 2018, 04:02 PM |#7210  
Marvino.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Egypt
Thanks Meter: 189
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugaia56

hello, in the meantime, sorry for my English from GTranslate ...
@skvalex contacted me to give you an answer, some time ago I asked him for advice to fear the app with my theme and remembered me, I'll tell you right away that you do not find it on the playstore, but only on my site and in the group of my theme, theme that I have done for myself, for friends and for anyone who wants to join, if you want to participate and download the theme you are welcome OnePlus Mods & Theme
ps: I do not know if my theme works on Samsung, wait to prove that I have to finish updating some apps, if it does not work report in the group, I can prepare separate apk for just call recorder by @skvalex

Molto grazie per informarmi e invitarmi a questo gruppo. I'll check your creation and hope it gonna work! Ciao amico e grazie.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvino. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marvino. Ad-Free
9th December 2018, 08:33 PM |#7211  
tugaia56's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Vicenza
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvino.

Molto grazie per informarmi e invitarmi a questo gruppo. I'll check your creation and hope it gonna work! Ciao amico e grazie.

I had a little 'time and I prepared an apk for Call Recorder, with OnePlus works, it is to try with Samsung; you can choose the background color (10 colors) and the accent colors (25 colors)
Download My_Theme_Dark_Call_Recorder_by_skvalex_v1.0
The Following User Says Thank You to tugaia56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tugaia56 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes