Post Reply Email Thread
12th January 2020, 10:13 AM |#8191  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonC

My Verizon S10 5G wont work with "Call Recorder"

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

No

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

You are not right. I've installed Android 10 and recording works perfect.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G970F przy użyciu Tapatalka
12th January 2020, 11:44 AM |#8192  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla59

Does the new update show name of the saved contacts while recording

Can you specify version?
13th January 2020, 07:16 AM |#8193  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Latest versions reset folder location for me to sdcard/voix resulting in no recording.

LG g7

Sent fra min LM-G710 via Tapatalk
13th January 2020, 01:33 PM |#8194  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ok, I have given up on making the Skvalex App work.

I changed to Boldbeast Recorder, everything works out of the box.
https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

No need for installing magisk cores, and even root is only to add number id to calls recordings.

I bought 2x the skvalex pro version license (2x 10usd), any way to refund that?
Its only been a week since I bought them.

I didnt think my problems were so severe with this app and that wireless headphones WERE NOT SUPPORTED AT ALL.
13th January 2020, 01:37 PM |#8195  
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinx

Ok, I have given up on making the Skvalex App work.

I changed to Boldbeast Recorder, everything works out of the box.
https://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_recorder.html

No need for installing magisk cores, and even root is only to add number id to calls recordings.

I bought 2x the skvalex pro version license (2x 10usd), any way to refund that?
Its only been a week since I bought them.

I didnt think my problems were so severe with this app and that wireless headphones WERE NOT SUPPORTED AT ALL.

Well Boldbeast has its own set of problems - have tried it before and it didn't work for me, so as always your mileage may vary.

CR does work with wireless headphones for me though - I always talk through my BT set and it always records both sides just fine...
13th January 2020, 01:43 PM |#8196  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakout

Well Boldbeast has its own set of problems - have tried it before and it didn't work for me, so as always your mileage may vary.

CR does work with wireless headphones for me though - I always talk through my BT set and it always records both sides just fine...

With what settings?
Because I really worked 2days on it now, and couldnt make it work AT ALL.

It never worked, except in Voice Communication mode (which was explained to me is actually wrong), and I couldnt even begin to make it work with bluetooth headset.

Right now, I was able to make it work with Boldbeast. No settings, everything standard, with headset.
What issues does this tool have? Care to explain?
13th January 2020, 01:48 PM |#8197  
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 187

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinx

With what settings?
Because I really worked 2days on it now, and couldnt make it work AT ALL.

It never worked, except in Voice Communication mode (which was explained to me is actually wrong), and I couldnt even begin to make it work with bluetooth headset.

Right now, I was able to make it work with Boldbeast. No settings, everything standard, with headset.
What issues does this tool have? Care to explain?

Boldbeast lists the issues on their page, and basically they're pretty common among all recorders...

I didn't have to change any settings for BT to work, to be honest so I can't help...
13th January 2020, 06:51 PM |#8198  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 213

More
I think it all depends on the phone model, OS and CSC you're running.

For Samsung phones with Snapdragon processor and Android 10 without root there's no way you can record calls with Bluetooth headset since it requires speakerphone and mic to record calls.

For Exynos versions that are on Android 10 and not rooted and CSC is not from a country that supports system call recorder, the same limitation applies as above.

If you want true call recording which is not through speaker phone and works with Bluetooth headset, you either need to root your phone or use a CSC that has system call recorder.

Unless Google changes policy on recording, this will remain the shortcomings of Android.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VICosPhi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VICosPhi Ad-Free
13th January 2020, 07:23 PM |#8199  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

If you want true call recording which is not through speaker phone and works with Bluetooth headset, you either need to root your phone or use a CSC that has system call recorder.

Any recommendations?
As I said my main phone where I need recording is my workphone, a Samsung S5 Neo (G903F).

I always got the impression that when I am on Lineage, something like 8.1 for example, it should work fine with anything that needs extra permissions.
Problem is, at least this recorder doesnt give me any chance of getting it to work.

It feels completely hit and miss.
I would pay even more than the 10bucks, but not if its not even working in the first place...
13th January 2020, 09:20 PM |#8200  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 213

More
If you have the S5 Neo and Android 8.x then call recording should work for you. I am not familiar with Lineage OS so not sure if that has anything to do with it not working(check in Lineage forums to see if there is any special setting to enable call recording) but Google has been trying to block recording since Android 8 from what I recall. The system recorder CSC will not be useful here since that is provided by Samsung and they haven't updated this phone since Android 5 I believe.
13th January 2020, 09:52 PM |#8201  
Thanks Meter: 4,014

Donate to Me
More
FYI, after clean flashing a new ROM on my OnePlus 5 and installing CallRecorder via Magisk, I was prompted by the Play Store to "upgrade" to the lite version. I uninstalled that version then downloaded and installed the version listed in Post #1 of this thread. No more Play Store prompts to "upgrade".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)