[Q] Removing Battery Status From Lock Screen

Search This thread

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Hi all,

does anyone know how I can remove the battery info that shows on the stock lock screen (percentage and id_lock.. images)? Now I've changed the battery info in the status bar, it's really not needed.

I've tried removing the relevant lines from keyguard_screen_lock.xml in the layout folder of my framework-res, but it hasn't changed anything and I'm too noobish to know what else to fiddle with.

I could try Widgetlocker or something similar, but that kinda defeats the point. Plus, I'm just too stubborn..

Many thanks!

martiii

Apr 19, 2011
Zombietown
Hi all,

does anyone know how I can remove the battery info that shows on the stock lock screen (percentage and id_lock.. images)? Now I've changed the battery info in the status bar, it's really not needed.

I've tried removing the relevant lines from keyguard_screen_lock.xml in the layout folder of my framework-res, but it hasn't changed anything and I'm too noobish to know what else to fiddle with.

I could try Widgetlocker or something similar, but that kinda defeats the point. Plus, I'm just too stubborn..

Many thanks!

Are u using a Custom ROM like mini CM7!? when yes goto Settings / CyanogenMod settings / Lockscreen / Widget options

when NO i dont know ;)

edit: ah im blind u use stock !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: scook94

Ticklefish

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
Yeah, I like to make things difficult for myself. lol

I think I've figured it out, but I'll have to wait until I get home to try it out. It looks like I need to edit keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml in the layout folder of my framework-res.apk and remove the line:
"<TextView android:textSize="18.0dip" android:textColor="#ccffffff" android:id="@id/status1" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="5.0dip" android:drawablePadding="8.0dip" />".
Apparently, status1 is the battery icon and percentage while status2 is the alarm icon and info.
I'll try it out and report back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Many thanks!

Are u using a Custom ROM like mini CM7!? when yes goto Settings / CyanogenMod settings / Lockscreen / Widget options

when NO i dont know ;)

edit: ah im blind u use stock !!!