[REVIEW] OEM SGS2 T989 Spare Battery Charging System & Phone Stand

Search This thread

asianxtreme

Aug 15, 2010
Have this spare battery charger. 30% off @ T-Mobile.

It's great. Keeps the battery cool while/after charging. Never afraid of running out of juice :)

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005LBEA6I/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

Samsung ET-CGPK009GSTA Sprint SPH-D710 Battery Charger with Stand - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black

I got this one for my GalaxyS4g, it says it works with sprints Galaxy S2. Will it work with Tmobs?

All it does is charge a spare battery that isnt connected to the phone. if the batteries fit the charger, there shouldnt be much of a problem.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

Natureboy72

Apr 3, 2011
Fountain Hills, AZ
Allgamer, I just bought this system.is is safe for me to leave the battery plugged in after its been charged? or is it better for the battery to be unplugged

Thanks

Sum14u2nvy

May 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Can you please post the link as to where you bought it? I want one lol. Also, in the back of the battery, does it say Near or Noar?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
Allgamer, I just bought this system.is is safe for me to leave the battery plugged in after its been charged? or is it better for the battery to be unplugged

Thanks

it is safe to leave it in, it will not continue charging after it's full

you'll notice the battery will get cold after a while, a long while after the green is lit, that is the sign that it is no longer charging, during charge it gets quite warm, when the light is red

Can you please post the link as to where you bought it? I want one lol. Also, in the back of the battery, does it say Near or Noar?

sorry i do not remember which eBay guy i got it from

Reactions: Natureboy72
I saw those 'Noar' batteries on ebay. With the picture un-enlarged, it looked like an OEM Samsung battery (which is "Near"). Thank goodness counterfeiters can't spell in English.
Actually laughed a bit when I first clicked a picture and saw "Noar" in the enlarged picture.
OTOH, maybe Samsung can't spell, either...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

I got this one for my GalaxyS4g, it says it works with sprints Galaxy S2. Will it work with Tmobs?
Looks like the OEM charger for the gs4g (T959 if I remember correctly). I've got at least one. The T-mob gs2 (T989) battery is larger and will not fit in the recess. The charger part will probably work fine if you want to take a dremel to it.

Sum14u2nvy

May 17, 2011
Los Angeles
Its a fake battery. I mean it works but its hella ****ty. It dies really fast. And they can spell, its just that they have the Samsung Logo on it. If Samsung got a hold of a fake one, they could sue the maker under copyright infrigment. Hence why they use o because it's close to E.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wow! that's quite a mouthful eh?

It's not a charging/sync docking station, that's for sure, i was hoping it would've been for that price $40, but it's worth it.

The package content:
    - The pretty Box itself (with the OEM Samsung hologram logo)
    - Instruction Manual
    - Warranty Info
    - Wall charger, micro usb plug
    - 1850 mAh spare battery with NFC
    - Dual function charging battery base, that double as a phone stand

The battery charge stand can use either the original micro USB cable that came with the phone and plug it to the computer, or you can use the wall charger that came with the stand to plug it to the wall.

The stand will only charge the spare the battery, it will not dock & charge the phone.

However the phone stand is adjustable to sit the phone vertically, horizontally, or leaning over the dock in a variety of position, it sits well on most desk, and it has 4 rubber feet, so it wont slide around.

The phone sits nicely on that glove even when the case is on the phone, and is firm enough to not have to worry about it being knocked down accidentally.

it' makes it easy to work hands off, or make a very nice Clock/Alarm night stand, or even watch TV/Movies, combines well when plugged to the MHL to HDMI connector

The battery charge has a LED indicator that switches from red, amber, green, indicating the level of the battery charge status

the charging pad is very compact, so it's great for travel, and carry around with you for when you want to use both hands to work on the phone, and keep the phone standing up for easy typing, or any other alternative uses you can come up with.
    I bought this a couple days after getting the phone and honestly don't know why I haven't done this before. Don't have to worry about carrying my charger everywhere with me now.

Sent from my Juggernaut SGSII or Galaxy Tab 10.1 now "In Paris"
    If it wont charge the phone whats the point of this thing? to just charge the spare battery?
    Will it charge the phone once the spare is charged? Once its taken out?

it only charges the battery, it doesn't charge the phone

i just those stand, as a stand for easy access to the phone

is like having an extra hand

and it doesn't fall down, like those Cases with a build in Leg

Thanks

it is safe to leave it in, it will not continue charging after it's full

you'll notice the battery will get cold after a while, a long while after the green is lit, that is the sign that it is no longer charging, during charge it gets quite warm, when the light is red

sorry i do not remember which eBay guy i got it from