[ROM] - [MikRoms] - [05/08/2011] - MikZ v1.16 - ReEngineered Sense 2.0 - ZzodexzZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

blockhead428

Dec 5, 2008
So the app called "Voicemail" that comes on the phone is actually Visual Voicemail? I always wondered what folks meant by visual voicemail anyway.

I never thought about disabling the notification. I'd prefer disabling the voicemail icon that's built into sense rather than the Sprint app. Not that it's that big of a deal. Do you know of a way to disable the main voicemail icon? Since you use Google Voice, do you even get those notification icons anymore?

By the way, what you told me on themikmik about flashing the 4x5 after booting first worked great. I appreciate it. I'm in the process of restoring everything now.

tommytomatoe

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2010
Knoxville USA
So the app called "Voicemail" that comes on the phone is actually Visual Voicemail? I always wondered what folks meant by visual voicemail anyway.

I never thought about disabling the notification. I'd prefer disabling the voicemail icon that's built into sense rather than the Sprint app. Not that it's that big of a deal. Do you know of a way to disable the main voicemail icon? Since you use Google Voice, do you even get those notification icons anymore?

By the way, what you told me on themikmik about flashing the 4x5 after booting first worked great. I appreciate it. I'm in the process of restoring everything now.

Great man! The cool thing about sense 2.0 and HTC sense sync is that all your apps and user data cone back! I love that.

The voice mail app is the visual voice mail. I am pretty sure you can always call your voice mail to access it without the app. Maybe you need Sprint zone but I'm not sure. I know you need Sprint zone to call *2. Also I am pretty sure you can turn off voice mail notifications. Poke around and see.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

blockhead428

Dec 5, 2008
Great man! The cool thing about sense 2.0 and HTC sense sync is that all your apps and user data cone back! I love that.

The voice mail app is the visual voice mail. I am pretty sure you can always call your voice mail to access it without the app. Maybe you need Sprint zone but I'm not sure. I know you need Sprint zone to call *2. Also I am pretty sure you can turn off voice mail notifications. Poke around and see.

If there is a way, I can't find it. You can choose the notification sound and whether or not it will vibrate. I'm gonna leave it alone for a while and if it becomes annoying, I'll just uninstall it through root explorer. I think I'll only have to clear the voicemail icon if I restart the phone and when I get a new voicemail. I get a new voicemail like once every 3 months so it shouldn't be a problem.

Visionikz03

Dec 3, 2008
H-Town
This is by far the best Sense experience i've ever had hands down... this gives me hope for htc's overlay. I have ZERO problems with this rom... 4g coverage is spotty where i commute mostly so no biggie. I tried recording 720 video but it gives greenscreen on playback which is usually a quirk on most ported roms. No biggie at all... it's superfast for sense... i love the theming within sense that allows the rom to stay odexed for faster loading. Maybe it's a placebo but 3g seems A LOT faster especially on stock browser. Awesome job aamikam!!!!! Definitely my daily driver for a while!!

crookdbill

Apr 12, 2008
Pandora audio quality fix

Me too. I need this asap.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

This is to fix Pandora audio quality. So download Gscript from the market and add this script.
setprop media.stagefright.enable-player false
Name it whatever you want and save it and add it as a shortcut to one of your homescreens. Tap the shortcut to run the script. You will have to run the script every time you reboot!
Sorry for the delay on response.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Oct 7, 2010
This is to fix Pandora audio quality. So download Gscript from the market and add this script.
setprop media.stagefright.enable-player false
Name it whatever you want and save it and add it as a shortcut to one of your homescreens. Tap the shortcut to run the script. You will have to run the script every time you reboot!
Sorry for the delay on response.

what is stagefright exacrtly?

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
As far as the text remeber this is not a Sprint based port. Anything that is (I.e. most sense 1.0) have the ability to deal with it because it is already built in. There are 2 solutions. As sugested use a 3rd party SMS app. All the major ones are good or use google voice for VM. Having tried both I am using google. I like the stock messaging app

Sent from my Xoom

I was using hancent until recently and when I used the block filter, it came to a point where the SMS icon wouldn't go away. It was like it forced the message in but Handcent didn't recognize that it was there so the icon just stayed there. I had to uninstall it and use the RedList method.

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
I'm having a couple of issues and I was wondering if others are having them and/or if there is some kind of fix available.

First off, I searched the thread and there have been random reports of MMS not working etc. Mine works...kind of. Every time someone tries to send a MMS message, I have to go and wipe cache and dalvik cache and reboot and then ask them to send it again and it comes through. The next time, same thing, it won't download the message and when I go wipe cache and come back, they send it again and everything works.

Also, after receiving a voice mail, I receive the dreaded 9016 text message. I have been searching around for a fix and have only discovered a work around using an app called RedList. I wasn't getting this text before I came to Mik Z. It has been happening with 1.0 and 1.1. Same thing with the MMS issue.

From what I have read, the text message is a message that is normally sent to the phone to let the Sprint Visual Voicemail app realize that it needs to download a voicemail. In the other Evo roms, this text is recognized for what it is and does not show up as a text message, the data goes silently to the Sprint VVM app.

If someone knows any way I could fix either of these issues, please let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for all of your replies as far as the 9016 messages go, but does anyone have any clue about why I have to clear the cache every time I want to get an MMS?

raybudd

Jun 13, 2008
Jax, FL
Originally Posted by JLine05 View Post

Thanks for all of your replies as far as the 9016 messages go, but does anyone have any clue about why I have to clear the cache every time I want to get an MMS?

I have not heard of this at all from anyone else. Try another app like Handcent, (what I use) and see if it does the same thing.

Last edited:

JLine05

Jun 29, 2007
Dallas
I have not heard of this at all form anyone else. Try another app like Handcent, (wht I use) and see if it does the same thing.

I don't know if it helps, but as a test I sent myself a picture and it came through with no problems.

I've tried using the regular messaging app, handcent and go sms. Same issue. It works and then I have to go clear cache for it to work again. I confirmed the same issue on a buddy who has this rom on his evo too.

I've tried wiping and reinstall and the problem still happens. It seems odd that this is only happening to me and my friend who lives in a different state. Or does no one use MMS? lol

raybudd

Jun 13, 2008
Jax, FL
I've tried using the regular messaging app, handcent and go sms. Same issue. It works and then I have to go clear cache for it to work again. I confirmed the same issue on a buddy who has this rom on his evo too.

I've tried wiping and reinstall and the problem still happens. It seems odd that this is only happening to me and my friend who lives in a different state. Or does no one use MMS? lol

Just to humor all of us, would you consider redownloading the rom file, doing a nandroid backup of what you have so far, wiping data, cache, dalvik 3 times each, then reflash the rom and try it again. Just going back to basics.

makskylan

Mar 16, 2009
Marion, Ohio
Was wondering if anyone has found a fix for contacts having the " +1 " in front of the phone number or what cause this?

selders59

Jul 10, 2008
Cape Coral, Florida
I never even worried about this cause it hasn't changed anything on my bill. Think it has to do with this being a port over from GSM. Where the htc hub has to detect your region.

Was wondering if anyone has found a fix for contacts having the " +1 " in front of the phone number or what cause this?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Last edited:

aamikam

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 14, 2008
Champaign
is the intent to get 4G working in this ROM?

if i only had the option to test it man... i wish...

the thing is... im pretty sure its not all that bad to get 4g on these roms... but i cannot test it... so i can't really even try to get it working.

working on testing with someone is also an option... but i can't really make quick changes and such by working with someone that is not really next to me on it.

so... the answer is... if i could have test it my self... i would have most def try to, but i can't.

selders59

Jul 10, 2008
Cape Coral, Florida
Yeah that is hard when there are alot of miles between you and the tester. Plus like in my area they (Sprintpcs) still do not have 4G here.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

blockhead428

Dec 5, 2008
I noticed that the browser doesn't wrap text like it does on mikfroyo builds. In order to read a webpage you have to move the screen back and forth. Is there a way to enable this on the browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright, here we go. You guys asked for it! This thread is strictly dedicated to MikZ and will continue to be monitored by jdeloach. I will be in constant communications with him, so rest assured this will be updated when needed.

Please make sure to read the entire post before asking questions.

First i would like to thank Team Warm (DJZager, incubus26jc, myn) for making Warm-Z which i used as a base and reference for making this ROM.

Change Log: (v1.16)

• Fixed 720 recording
    • Cleaned out the system and apks even more (saved an approx additional 10mb)
    • More apps made unisntallable

Change Log: (v1.15)

• Fixed minor graphics
    • Cleaned out useless things
    • GPS icons show when on not show when off
    • Changed Batt icons to show % while charge and to my MikG Batt icons
    • Added some more tweaks (noatime etc.)
    • Took out some apps that are on the market anyways
    • Update some apps (Market etc.)
    • Lots of more tiny stuff that i cannot really pin point cuz its been so long since v1.1

Change Log: (items in MikBlue are new features - v1.0 and v1.1)

• Based on SuperZ/WarmZ Port
    Odexex
    • Using Stock Kernel
    • SdCard Speed Fix
    • Zipalign on Boot
    • Tweaked System for better Battery Life and Performance
    • Rebuild all packages to ensure minimum amount of useless files in them to ensure maximum optimization.
    • All Images in the Rom were optimized using Optipng, Pngout and Smush.it
    • Remove Arrows and Text from LockScreen
    • Transparent LockScreen Music Player
    • 100% Fully skinned Rom
    • DSP Manager
    • Power Widgets Controls
    • 4-in-1 Boot Menu
    • HotSpot/Usb Tether Hack
    • Removed Gps and ADB icons from TaskBar
    • Remapable Rosie (Using RosieZ Settings)
    • Semi-Trans App Drawer
    • Fixed all Widgets to work in Landscape
    • Added in all Htc Clocks
    • New Custom Animations
    • New Custom Kb Skin
    Updated Flash
    5 Skins included with more available in HTC Hub
    Fully Functional Front & Rear Camera with better quality than v1.0
    Changed colors of taskbar icons and a few other things
    Added all Sprint Apps back in
    Super FAST!!!!

Optional Addons:
    • 12 Custom Animations
    • Custom Taskbars
    • Rosie 4x5 Workspace
    • Various SDcard Read Speeds

Working

* Everything besides the known issues

Known Issues

* No 4G (this is a port form a device that has no 4G)

Make sure u have all the latest radio/nv/wimax/pri versions:
    (thanks calk) (make sure u actually read also before flashing anything)

All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions

To get the Apps2SD working as it should: (many thanks to mitchellvii for finding that info for all of us)

Follow the guide HERE.

5501798101_e0afbc0915_b.jpg

If you do not know how to flash a custom rom on your phone feel free to check out THIS VIDEO. (thanks to xxRAMOTHxx)

Please note that more up to date Mods/Themes/etc. are located HERE

**Please do a complete wipe of Cache, Dalvik, and Data before flashing rom**​
    Skins Compatible with MikZ:

Gigantic Collection of HD Skins (thanks sopL87)

HD Skins (thanks gadget)

XDA Member's Mods:

TommyTomatoe's MikZ Mods (thanks to tommytomatoe for being a huge part of MikZ)

Battery Mods:

tommytomatoe's Speedo Battery (thanks to tommy for this awesome mod)
    Screenshot (Gingerbread icons NOT included. It has stock MikZ icons)

Chogard's HoneyComb Blue Circle Battery (thanks to chogard for his awesome work for Team Mik)
    Screenshot

MikFroyo Style Battery (Royal Blue)
    Screenshot

Cylinder-Blue Battery Mod (ported over from Chogard's MikFroyo Blue Theme)

Circle Battery
    Screenshot

Gauge Battery
    Screenshot

Tiny Battery

Screenshot

Android Battery

Screenshot

Gold Circle Battery
    Screenshot

Glowing Circle Battery
    Screenshot

Custom Taskbar Icons:

Miui Style Taskbar Icons (compliments of the UOT Kitchen)
    Screenshot

Custom Clocks:

Chogardjr's Blue Minimalistic FlipClock 4x4/ 4x5 (thanks to Cho for making it, and tommy for porting it)
    **This link will take you to tommytomatoes MikZ and WarmZ Clock Mods

Godzson's Z Flip Clock (thanks to Godzson for allowing us to post this)
    Preview #1
    Preview #2

Godzson MikZ 4x5 Flip Clock
    (thanks to Godzson for allowing tommytomatoe to port)
    Screenshot #1
    Screenshot #2

**To use Godzson's Z Clock: 1. Download above zip tp sdcard root 2. Reboot into recovery 3. Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache 4. Flash zip 5. Reboot & enjoy
    **This will replace stock clock, so you may want to do a nand backup first

Custom Combo Packs:

JD's Special Combo
    (just a few of my favorites) (MikFroyo rosie, MikFroyo taskbar icons, black home page menu icons, and Chogard's Blue Honeycomb Battery)
    Screenshot #1
    Screenshot #2

JD's Special Combo Part 2 (contains blue bubble wallpaper, chogard's blue minimalistic flip clock, HoneyComb Blue Battery, MikFroyo Rosie, clear lockscreen, and all of MikFroyo's Taskbar Icons )
    Screenshot #1
    Screenshot #2
    Screenshot #3

Verdammt's Combo Taskbar
    (this icludes the Glowing Circle battery and the colored notification icons)

deedee305's Combo Taskbar (this includes HoneyComb Blue Battery and colored notification icons)

Cranemachine's Red Combo (this consist of red sense style taskbar icons with a red HoneyComb battery)

Custom Rosies:

Janker5050's Glass MikRosie (thanks to Janker5050 for letting me port this to MikZ)
    Screenshot

Janker5050's Clear-Glass Rosie (thanks to Janker5050 for letting me port this)
    Screenshot

Janker5050's Blue-Glass Rosie (thanks to Janker5050 for letting me port this)
    Screenshot

MikFroyo 4.5 Stock Rosie (Blank -- "Phone" -- Blank)
    Screenshot

Notification Icons & Mods:

Colored Notification Icons
    Screenshot

Back to the way it was:

MikZ Stock Framework Zip
    (thanks to tommytomatoe)
    **Flashing this will return things like lockscreen slider, taskbar icons, menu icons, etc.

MikZ Stock Rosie (this will put the MikZ Rosie back in place)
    Interesting, so are you saying from your research this morning, you have found that Dalvik-Cache is something that arises out of using de-odexed ROMs, and not something that would exist in an odex version of the same ROM? I could see this I guess, since once we rooted our phones and started playing with flashable roms, they were all de-odexed and hense I got used to seeing dalvik-cache on all of them.

Well, I still don't have a full grasp on it yet. I talked with mik and he answered some questions. I did a little googling too. Stock roms come odexed as far as the system and frameworks go. The odex files are short for optimized dalvik executables. They tell the system what to do. In a deodexed rom, the dalvik virtual machine has to pull/decompile (looking for correct wording) the classes.dex from within each apk at boot up, thus long boot up times. With odex, it cones precompiled and thus need not decompile. The dalvik still exists even in stock roms. It is an android thing. So market apps and data appa still use it. Deodexing just allowed the system and framework files to utilize the dalvik and make theming easier because the apks are more or less all inclusive since the classes.dex are within the apk. So jeff, that is what I gathered. Our mik is changing the game.

Edit: also, the odex files are more device specific and not as easily toyed with. Thats why most devs have used deodexed from the old days. Mik said that the new devices are different. We can do more with them now then we could then. Its time to invent some new creative ways of doing things instead of utilizing the same old tricks over and over. I see it like that.

Custom Keyboards
    **These are not flash files. Just unzip, install, and longpress in any text field to change keyboard.

MikMik Blue Keyboard

6HtdTs3

MikMik Black Keyboard

lj8uWWp

MikMik Blue & White Keyboard

cOLtxGy

MikMik Red Keyboard

8SjOzF2

MikMik Green Keyboards

xYO3UdT

Girl in Chains Keyboard (requested by Selders)

NvDPLho

Many more to come.......