FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,178 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

471 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

342 Vote(s)
17.18%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,553 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,771

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd October 2019, 12:49 AM |#29691  
Thanks Meter: 2,433

More
@Droidriven

Thanks for the assist. I agree, anything to i-devices is a pain. I settled on using drive and sharing the link Google makes it available cross device.

And yes I know about YT, but the video is required to stay private until after judging.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tralph3

Hi, in Android 6 google added support for adaptable storage, that lets you format an sd card as internal storage. My question is, would it be possible to format an SD card as internal storage on an android 6+ phone and then use that card on an android 5 phone?

It's been a long time since LP

Adoptable storage is built into the OS. It's integrating the sdcard in a way that does not exist in Lollipop. The closest is to Move to SD.

If you know what your doing, and the device is rooted, you might be able to edit vold.fstab and create an internal mount point, basically swapping internal storage with external storage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 03:00 AM |#29692  
Flag Ciudad Autonoma de Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

@Droidriven

Thanks for the assist. I agree, anything to i-devices is a pain. I settled on using drive and sharing the link Google makes it available cross device.

And yes I know about YT, but the video is required to stay private until after judging.

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

It's been a long time since LP

Adoptable storage is built into the OS. It's integrating the sdcard in a way that does not exist in Lollipop. The closest is to Move to SD.

If you know what your doing, and the device is rooted, you might be able to edit vold.fstab and create an internal mount point, basically swapping internal storage with external storage.

The device is indeed rooted. Do you have a link for a tutorial on how to do this?
23rd October 2019, 03:09 AM |#29693  
Thanks Meter: 2,433

More
Quote:

The device is indeed rooted. Do you have a link for a tutorial on how to do this?

Honestly, no . I'm sure there must be some old lollipop discussions that Google will find. Look for something along the lines of, "use sdcard for internal storage" or maybe "swap internal storage with sdcard". Maybe throw the "vold.fstab" in.
23rd October 2019, 07:40 AM |#29694  
Quote:

Hi, in Android 6 google added support for adaptable storage, that lets you format an sd card as internal storage. My question is, would it be possible to format an SD card as internal storage on an android 6+ phone and then use that card on an android 5 phone?

I know an sdcard that has been formatted as Adoptable Storage on a device, then a new ROM can be flashed on the device and the Adoptable Storage can be decrypted/modified to work with the new system even though that system isn't the one that the Adoptable Storage was originally created with. And I believe that a sdcard that has been formatted as Adoptable Storage on one device could be placed in a different device and then decrypted/modified to work with that system.

But, going cross-device AND back to an android version that isn't natively compatible with Adoptable Storage may be a bit difficult.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
23rd October 2019, 12:11 PM |#29695  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Softbrick J5 2015 J500FN
Hi there, if possible i could need some help.
About a year ago i recovered a J5 2015 J500FN with Spiderman app from its sleep and bricked it right away.
I put the oldest german Android 5 rom there, which worked, and then tried to put Marshmallow on it.
Thought it could be working to just throw another rom on it without advice.
Odin crashed while updating. (got a screenshot somewhere)
It seems i cant enter recovery(?) but with vol.down i can enter download mode..
Theres only a screen telling me to use Smartswitch PC software to recover. Should i just try?

I cant remember that Page with tons of stock roms where i got them... i cant identify the version of the roms (Maybe i can find that old tab in my cluttered browser)
Roms are: J500FNXXU1AOI1_J500FNDBT1AOI2_J500FNXXU1AOI1_HOME. tar (5.1?)
J500FNXXU1BQK1_J500FNDDX1BQJ1_J500FNXXU1BPF6_HOME. tar (6. ?)
Any advice? what now..
23rd October 2019, 03:44 PM |#29696  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Are there any roms for sm-t530 matisse android 8+ (not available for arm?) or just newer than 5, but stable and working, I've tried all on xda I believe, all have problems, file manager not being able requesting or being granted root to access micro sd, constant crashing, openvpn, browsers not opening and just closing instantly.
23rd October 2019, 06:33 PM |#29697  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProNoob.

Hi there, if possible i could need some help.
About a year ago i recovered a J5 2015 J500FN with Spiderman app from its sleep and bricked it right away.
I put the oldest german Android 5 rom there, which worked, and then tried to put Marshmallow on it.
Thought it could be working to just throw another rom on it without advice.
Odin crashed while updating. (got a screenshot somewhere)
It seems i cant enter recovery(?) but with vol.down i can enter download mode..
Theres only a screen telling me to use Smartswitch PC software to recover. Should i just try?

I cant remember that Page with tons of stock roms where i got them... i cant identify the version of the roms (Maybe i can find that old tab in my cluttered browser)
Roms are: J500FNXXU1AOI1_J500FNDBT1AOI2_J500FNXXU1AOI1_HOME. tar (5.1?)
J500FNXXU1BQK1_J500FNDDX1BQJ1_J500FNXXU1BPF6_HOME. tar (6. ?)
Any advice? what now..

Giving SmartSwitch a try might do it.

When Odin crashed, what errors did it give you? Or did Odin crash to the point of actually closing and had to be re-opened?

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
23rd October 2019, 08:49 PM |#29698  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

When Odin crashed, what errors did it give you? Or did Odin crash to the point of actually closing and had to be re-opened?

Odin was working.
Pics are here.
https://imgur.com/LnzMAVw
https://imgur.com/RmghWgy

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote:

I dont know any kind of recovery password.. So Smartswitch.. is not for me?
24th October 2019, 12:27 AM |#29699  
Quote:

Odin was working.

Pics are here.

https://imgur.com/LnzMAVw

https://imgur.com/RmghWgy

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

I dont know any kind of recovery password.. So Smartswitch.. is not for me?

As long as the firmware is for your exact model number and as long as you are flashing the newest version of firmware, you shouldn't be having issues.

Are you certain that you have a good cable and it is staying connected the whole time? Are you setting the device down and leaving it alone while it flashes? If their is even the slightest interruption, it will fail.

If you have Samsung kies or SmartSwitch installed, make sure they are not running in the background while using Odin, they tend to interfere with Odin. I usually go a step further and just uninstall kies and SmartSwitch or not even install them at all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
24th October 2019, 01:09 AM |#29700  

More
Quote:

As long as the firmware is for your exact model number and as long as you are flashing the newest version of firmware, you shouldn't be having issues.

Are you certain that you have a good cable and it is staying connected the whole time? Are you setting the device down and leaving it alone while it flashes? If their is even the slightest interruption, it will fail.

Well, i dont know about "newest Version", it was lollipop of one provider, and marshmallow of another (Telekom) I dont even have a clue if that matters.

And about the cable, it could be an issue. Should i try Odin again?
Im totally noob and dont even know all the basics.
24th October 2019, 01:44 AM |#29701  
Quote:

Well, i dont know about "newest Version", it was lollipop of one provider, and marshmallow of another (Telekom) I dont even have a clue if that matters.

And about the cable, it could be an issue. Should i try Odin again?

Im totally noob and dont even know all the basics.

Ok, as I suspected, you are flashing firmware from other regions/carriers, that is most likely why you are having issues.

So, your exact model number is J500FN, your region is Germany, correct? If not, what country/region are you in?

Who is your service provider?

With that information, I'll look up the firmware that is compatible.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)