FORUMS

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

604 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,267
 
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2018, 06:45 PM |#10511  
Senior Member
Flag Santa Cruz
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
Adaway is working great on my old Gfive Logic X1, but is blocking images on a lot of websites. I'm only using default hosts.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Any whitelisting I can do? Really don't know how to deal with this unwanted blocking.
Thanks all.
24th February 2018, 07:08 PM |#10512  
ktmom's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,197
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm831

Adaway is working great on my old Gfive Logic X1, but is blocking images on a lot of websites. I'm only using default hosts.
Does anyone have a suggestion? Any whitelisting I can do? Really don't know how to deal with this unwanted blocking.
Thanks all.

Use DNS logging. Make sure you disable Adaway first so the blocked images can come through. Determine what hosts should be added to your whitelist.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
24th February 2018, 08:15 PM |#10513  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

Use vpn based blockers like DNS66 (Block ads/hosts via DNS) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.jak_linux.dns66 - or Blokada ad blocker (The ad blocker - battery efficient, fast, powerful and simple to use) - https://f-droid.org/app/org.blokada.alarm

They do not require rooting your device. There are support threads here on XDA for both apps.

I don't want to use VPN. Is it another metod?
24th February 2018, 08:24 PM |#10514  
guest4711's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,356
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrju_master

I don't want to use VPN. Is it another metod?

You can block adds in firefox with uBlock-Origin. But this will not help in other apps.
Globaly you can either root your phone (which makes it hard to use Android pay) or use the vpn solutions I did mention. But this aren't real VPNs - they run on your device only. It's the only solution for filtering all network packets on your phone if you did not root it.
24th February 2018, 08:57 PM |#10515  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

You can block adds in firefox with uBlock-Origin. But this will not help in other apps.
Globaly you can either root your phone (which makes it hard to use Android pay) or use the vpn solutions I did mention. But this aren't real VPNs - they run on your device only. It's the only solution for filtering all network packets on your phone if you did not root it.

I think we don't understand each other.
I have rooted phone with magisk. I use Adaway and android pay. Both are working but in chrome I have an empty ad placements (white space). I know that the solution is minminguard and xposed but xposed broke safetynet.
I am looking for another solution.
24th February 2018, 09:37 PM |#10516  
Ultramanoid's Avatar
Senior Member
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,364
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrju_master

I think we don't understand each other.
I have rooted phone with magisk. I use Adaway and android pay. Both are working but in chrome I have an empty ad placements (white space). I know that the solution is minminguard and xposed but xposed broke safetynet.
I am looking for another solution.

The other solution, as has been already mentioned, is Firefox with uBlock, it removes those placeholders in web sites and is miles ahead of Chrome / Chromium / WebView protecting from and cleaning up the web experience. No WebRTC leaks, for instance.

This conversation is veering off-topic anyway, not actually related to AdAway.
 
24th February 2018, 10:53 PM |#10517  
pkelly517's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Can see Houston from here
Thanks Meter: 1,701
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by endrju_master

I think we don't understand each other.
I have rooted phone with magisk. I use Adaway and android pay. Both are working but in chrome I have an empty ad placements (white space). I know that the solution is minminguard and xposed but xposed broke safetynet.
I am looking for another solution.

That's beyond the scope of this thread.

Good luck to you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
26th February 2018, 12:34 PM |#10518  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Hi
I'm using the v3.3 fork, since Magisk v15.x broke the Root request on v3.2.
The Problem now is, that Systemless option in settings is greyed out.
If I set the location of the host file to "data/data/hosts", will SafetyNet and OTA
still work?
Also, any idea why the systemless option is greyed out?
Thanks
26th February 2018, 01:54 PM |#10519  
Lycox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare[ITA

;75699908]Hi
I'm using the v3.3 fork, since Magisk v15.x broke the Root request on v3.2.
The Problem now is, that Systemless option in settings is greyed out.
If I set the location of the host file to "data/data/hosts", will SafetyNet and OTA
still work?
Also, any idea why the systemless option is greyed out?
Thanks

Do you have a link to 3.3? Found it on 4pda.ru but I'm not able to download it.
26th February 2018, 02:39 PM |#10520  
ktmom's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,197
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycox

Do you have a link to 3.3? Found it on 4pda.ru but I'm not able to download it.

A thread search finds post #10321.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." - Will Rogers
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
26th February 2018, 04:13 PM |#10521  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 570
 
More
To my surprise, dev build Feb.08.2017 from the first post seems to work OK with the latest Feb Oreo + Magisk 16.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes