Thanks Meter: 5,267

Post Reply Email Thread
21st January 2020, 01:15 AM |#14331  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnjax

Just use dns request logging and whitelist. Simple

I already tried that but couldn't figure it out, whitelisted so many but still not working unless Adaway is turned off.
21st January 2020, 03:50 AM |#14332  
Forum Moderator
Flag Deep Space Station K7
Thanks Meter: 3,183

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nansah

I already tried that but couldn't figure it out, whitelisted so many but still not working unless Adaway is turned off.

*.isnssdk.com

BTW, @cnjax was responding to a different user
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 04:02 AM |#14333  
Thanks Meter: 1,640

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1089

Steven pointed us at AdAway as the source and refused to help unless AdAway removes the URL.
api. particle .io was part of PR13: AdAway/adaway .github. io/pull/13 and can be found here: AdAway/adaway .github. io/blob/master/hosts .txt line 13936.

I can't post links yet; so add github. com to the beginning of the links mentioned above and remove the spaces

https://github.com/AdAway/adaway.git...ster/hosts.txt

Well, that is correct. Duplicate entries in hosts files due to one being a derivative of the other. So Steve pulls from that one. Heh.... Always wondered where those lists got their references from.

Could you post that as an issue at https://github.com/AdAway/adaway.github.io/issues ?

Are you saying that ads aren't getting pushed from particle.io? At some point, someone felt that ads were coming from there.... Is that no longer an issue?

EDIT: Nevermind. You folks have already added the request and some detail.
21st January 2020, 04:16 AM |#14334  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

*.isnssdk.com

BTW, @cnjax was responding to a different user

Holy Smokes! It works like a charm now & I couldn't be happier! Thank a bunch, you are a lifesaver ☺️

If Adaway can put the app name by the numerous hostnames, that way we know which apps they are coming from, it will make the troubleshooting so much easier sans all the headache, lol

Thanks once again for the @cnjax clarification πŸ‘πŸ½
21st January 2020, 04:17 AM |#14335  
Forum Moderator

More
@PerfectSlayer, I realize you are working on the next major release, but I wanted to draw your attention to a nuisance . In the "your lists", if any of the lists are as long as the screen can display (or longer) the "apply" confirmation covers the bottom two entries.

Could something like, adding padding equal to the height of two entries be added to the end of the list so this doesn't happen, or make the apply confirmation only 1/3rd the width and right justified to allow access to those bottom most entries?

As always, thanks for keeping this project alive!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 07:40 PM |#14336  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can you make AdAway more stealthly.. Because many site detect it and apps... So i think next step will be STEALTH

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk
21st January 2020, 07:47 PM |#14337  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 841

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMan_86

Can you make AdAway more stealthly.. Because many site detect it and apps... So i think next step will be STEALTH

Sites may detect that you have blocked ad's, they shouldn't be able to detect what you have installed. No way to fix that with host based ad blocking.
Look into sandboxing the apps that are so invasive that they check for adblockers. Or find better apps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to githyanki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift githyanki Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 08:18 PM |#14338  
Forum Moderator

More
Quote:

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the times that a website complains that you are blocking ads? Adaway can't help with that. How to block Adblock
The Following User Says Thank You to ktmom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ktmom Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 08:57 PM |#14339  
Thanks Meter: 489

More
Quote:

Firefox for Android + uBlock Origin + Nano Defender.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy356 Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 09:40 PM |#14340  
Thanks Meter: 243

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy356

Firefox for Android + uBlock Origin + Nano Defender.

Just out curiosity:
What is Nano Defender?

And i would add one thing to Firefox for Android plus uBlock Origin:

uMatrix. It is developed from the same author as uBlock Origin and runs together with uBlock Origin but it allows a much more fine-granular control.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dhacke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhacke Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 10:06 PM |#14341  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,267

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmom

@PerfectSlayer, I realize you are working on the next major release, but I wanted to draw your attention to a nuisance . In the "your lists", if any of the lists are as long as the screen can display (or longer) the "apply" confirmation covers the bottom two entries.

Could something like, adding padding equal to the height of two entries be added to the end of the list so this doesn't happen, or make the apply confirmation only 1/3rd the width and right justified to allow access to those bottom most entries?

As always, thanks for keeping this project alive!

Yes, there is a github issue about this.
Don't worry, this part of this app is still there in the V5 so I need to fix it.
I still looking at how to fix it properly ^^' (any idea, I can't change the width of the confirmation snackbar...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1089

Steven pointed us at AdAway as the source and refused to help unless AdAway removes the URL.
api. particle .io was part of PR13: AdAway/adaway .github. io/pull/13 and can be found here: AdAway/adaway .github. io/blob/master/hosts .txt line 13936.

I can't post links yet; so add github. com to the beginning of the links mentioned above and remove the spaces

There was a big update of the source and this kind of issue was expected. Sorry for the annoyance.
But It was taken care of in the day so update should be coming quick to your users devices.
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)