FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,588 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,527

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th July 2019, 09:34 PM |#30491  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyBrother

You are right: for internal storage and SD cards. But if you choose cloud storage (webdav, OneDrive, GDrive. Etc,) only ZIP is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcity

It is missing. As you wrote by yourself, different archives are only available for locale storage.
Maybe this option is on Hootan's list already.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs

Ok, but could have been that I missed an button in the settings or something similar.

@HootanParsa: Man, you're app is like a perfect swiss army knife!! I LOVE swiss army knives!! Very handy feature set and unbreakable! I go for the silver edition!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NastyBrother For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NastyBrother Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 12:18 AM |#30492  
Thanks Meter: 208

More
Problem viewing /sys/kernel/charge_levels file data
I can use terminal emulater to view the files under /sys/kernel/charge_levels . But Mixplorer does not show the file data. From the log, I found the command:
cp -f "/sys/kernel/charge_levels/charge_level_ac" "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/temp/957328605"
But there is no temp subdirectory so the command failed. Log is attached.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpuserhp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tpuserhp Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 01:47 AM |#30493  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Minor issue in latest version, when renaming a file, clearing the previous filename to start with blank, any period entered in the filename is always followed by a space automatically. This is not the case when editing a name, just after it has been cleared. So any extension entered as such is preceded by a space and is invalid, and must be edited again... Thx
The Following User Says Thank You to duh1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duh1 Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 02:34 AM |#30494  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1

Minor issue in latest version, when renaming a file, clearing the previous filename to start with blank, any period entered in the filename is always followed by a space automatically. This is not the case when editing a name, just after it has been cleared. So any extension entered as such is preceded by a space and is invalid, and must be edited again... Thx

?.. Cannot seem to reproduce.
7th July 2019, 02:54 AM |#30495  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,943

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdgsdg123

?.. Cannot seem to reproduce.

I know when renaming a file, the entry box will automatically add a space after a period. I would guess this is a little "helper" for when typing text/sms where an automatic space after a period is wanted. So I know to always delete the added space after entering a period. Lesson learned...

I haven't tested this theory, but, I would guess that either this "feature" is a part of android (and therefore may be dependent on which version you are running) or is a feature of the keyboard you are using. I have a very vague memory of seeing the option somewhere in my keyboard settings.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 03:17 AM |#30496  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I know when renaming a file, the entry box will automatically add a space after a period. I would guess this is a little "helper" for when typing text/sms where an automatic space after a period is wanted. So I know to always delete the added space after entering a period. Lesson learned...

I haven't tested this theory, but, I would guess that either this "feature" is a part of android (and therefore may be dependent on which version you are running) or is a feature of the keyboard you are using. I have a very vague memory of seeing the option somewhere in my keyboard settings.

@duh1 @gdgsdg123
I was just going to mention the same thing. It's probably a keyboard setting. I get an automatic space after a period, if I'm swiping. But if I'm entering single letters I don't get a following space after punctuation. I also get auto-capitalization after a period followed by a space, although some of this seems to be modifiable by the app that you're typing in. So apps can override keyboard settings in at least some instances.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 03:28 AM |#30497  
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

@[email protected]
I was just going to mention the same thing. It's probably a keyboard setting. I get an automatic space after a period, if I'm swiping. But if I'm entering single letters I don't get a following space after punctuation. I also get auto-capitalization after a period followed by a space, although some of this seems to be modifiable by the app that you're typing in. So apps can override keyboard settings in at least some instances.

Yes, there's a setting for the included US keyboard to auto-space after punctuation, and turning it off stops this. Was hoping the dev could modify this behavior for the text entry box, as other keyboard settings, such as auto-spacing being off when entering an email address. It's just good practice to present the correct keyboard properties for the type of text being entered...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to duh1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift duh1 Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 09:07 AM |#30498  
Thanks Meter: 561

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Would you please send me a sample file with this problem? Thank you.

Hi, as you requested, I uploaded a sample video for this issue (just download and extract the zip file).
I also attached the preview thumbnails from both MiXplorer and another file explorer to confirm this video is working well. (actually only Mixplorer has this issue, all file explorer apps on Android and Explorer on Windows show properly.

Hope you can figure out something.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MiXplorer.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	4788301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Another Explorer.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	4788302  
Attached Files
File Type: zip VID_2019_07_06_23_47_15.zip - [Click for QR Code] (16.89 MB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to lemonade747 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lemonade747 Ad-Free
7th July 2019, 09:37 AM |#30499  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 29,527

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpuserhp

I can use terminal emulater to view the files under /sys/kernel/charge_levels . But Mixplorer does not show the file data. From the log, I found the command:
cp -f "/sys/kernel/charge_levels/charge_level_ac" "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/temp/957328605"
But there is no temp subdirectory so the command failed. Log is attached.

Please send me the log file from the latest beta. Thank you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th July 2019, 11:43 AM |#30500  

More
Quote:

Messed up the upload of log. Will send it in another msg. Sorry.
7th July 2019, 12:07 PM |#30501  

More
Quote:

The new beta works. Reattach the log file below. But I was not able to upload the log using the new beta. I got invalid file message. Not sure it's only me having this upload issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)