AOD Customizer Module [UPDATE: 11.20.18 v1.0.2]

Search This thread

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
This is a simple yet cool module to customize the AOD Display on the Galaxy S7. Only S7 is supported currently because that is the phone that I currently own and can test with.

Whats it do?

As of 3.8.18:
- Allows for a text label to be displayed below the icon. This text label is of the "title" parameter from the notification itself. If the notification uses a "RemoteViews" layout, then the "title" parameter will be empty and no label is shown. It works great with Textra SMS and Snapchat to show who they are from. I can customize each notification per app but need a list of apps to further support.
- The text label is fully customizable, text color, size, and maximum width are fully adjustable.

UPDATE: 6.22.18
- Added a crap ton of stuff.. See screenshots :)

To Do:
- I might add long press on icon to clear notification (if this is possible, I think it is though.) <- Not possible
- Also, possibility for full customization of the clock and positioning of everything. As of now, the defaults are fine with me personally <- Still thinking about this, might make it so you can literally make your own
- Music controls always on bottom of display (maybe) <- Moved to below notifications due to reasons :)

Screenshots

Downlod:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.elesbb.aodcustomizer

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Screenshots

aodmod.jpg

Last edited:

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
Hi

I have an s7 (SM-G930F) but with the AOD layout I have... the text is almost completely gone.

full.png

For ideas you can maybe look at:
https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/themes/mod-galaxyxmod-t3410719
All I miss is the grouping of same notification. For example: I loved too see the Facebook-notification-icon with just the number of notifications below that. Instead of like 4 separate notifications-icons.
And maybe how it could add a picture to any AOD layout.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010

Does the module not work on your phone? I actually have the S8 apk installed on my phone because it looks better. Can you try the module? If you already did, can you give me the xposed log and screenshot of the aod display?

Thanks!

Hi

I have an s7 (SM-G930F) but with the AOD layout I have... the text is almost completely gone.

full.png

For ideas you can maybe look at:
https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/themes/mod-galaxyxmod-t3410719
All I miss is the grouping of same notification. For example: I loved too see the Facebook-notification-icon with just the number of notifications below that. Instead of like 4 separate notifications-icons.
And maybe how it could add a picture to any AOD layout.

Hmm, my layout did that the first time too, but I fixed. Can you send me your aodservice apk? Also sorry for the "PIZZA TIME" that was my default if a title couldn't be retrieved xD I thought I got rid of it, guess not xD.

As for the grouping, I saw in the code, there seems to already be a method there. I will see why its disabled but I can always add my own.

But what I am understanding - 5 people message you via Facebook messenger, you want one icon (the apps default notification icon) with how many notifications that app has below it? I can do that, thats quite easy. I prefer having all 5 expanded with the names, so I can reply to one. Would you also like an "expanded view" option? Say you double click on the icon, and a new window pops up with the individual notifications present? Or maybe a triple click, or even a swipe down gesture?

Replacing image is no problem, just know that it will consume battery faster when a non black and white image is present.

Last edited:

kjames2001

Oct 22, 2011
Thanks for this great module!

Suggestion for future function: add a second or even third line of notification icons instead of the plus sign on stock.

My device is s8+.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Thanks for this great module!

Suggestion for future function: add a second or even third line of notification icons instead of the plus sign on stock.

My device is s8+.
Do you know how many notifications are required before that plus is created? I noticed in the code a "Max notifications" variable. Adding the feature of multiple lines shouldn't be too difficult

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Reactions: kjames2001

maumaus

Aug 13, 2008
Hmm, my layout did that the first time too, but I fixed. Can you send me your aodservice apk? Also sorry for the "PIZZA TIME" that was my default if a title couldn't be retrieved xD I thought I got rid of it, guess not xD.

As for the grouping, I saw in the code, there seems to already be a method there. I will see why its disabled but I can always add my own.

But what I am understanding - 5 people message you via Facebook messenger, you want one icon (the apps default notification icon) with how many notifications that app has below it? I can do that, thats quite easy. I prefer having all 5 expanded with the names, so I can reply to one. Would you also like an "expanded view" option? Say you double click on the icon, and a new window pops up with the individual notifications present? Or maybe a triple click, or even a swipe down gesture?

Replacing image is no problem, just know that it will consume battery faster when a non black and white image is present.
Sorry for the late reply.

Wow I see my screenshot was pretty big.. Didn't see that on my mobile ;)
Didn't even see the "'PIZZA TIME' either.

I see in your second post you already do grouping? That looks good.

"you want one icon (the apps default notification icon) with how many notifications that app has below it?"
I don't really understand this one, but if I get 2 notification I would like to see 1 icon with: (2).

"Would you also like an "expanded view" option? Say you double click on the icon, and a new window pops up with the individual notifications present? Or maybe a triple click, or even a swipe down gesture?"
Sound good. But double tap is already a function on the icon's. So maybe long press or something? Or make it an option in what way to acitvate?

AOD apk is attached.

kjames2001

Oct 22, 2011
Do you know how many notifications are required before that plus is created? I noticed in the code a "Max notifications" variable. Adding the feature of multiple lines shouldn't be too difficult
Haven't noticed yet, will check when I wake up in the morning, that's when I have a lot of notifications. Lol

kjames2001

Oct 22, 2011
Lol, took me 10 mins, still haven't figured out how to attach a screenshot.

Anyways, only 4 icons were shown before the + sign was introduced, but I think that's because my icons ass more spaced out due to long titles(didn't use title wrap in the app), and out of the 4, 2 were grouped notifications. Hope this is useful.
@elesbb

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Lol, took me 10 mins, still haven't figured out how to attach a screenshot.

Anyways, only 4 icons were shown before the + sign was introduced, but I think that's because my icons ass more spaced out due to long titles(didn't use title wrap in the app), and out of the 4, 2 were grouped notifications. Hope this is useful.
@elesbb

Yep! Its definitely 4! I found the code. Now just gotta figure out how to add a new row.. Shouldn't be too bad. Just gotta find time. Have a paper due and an exam on Friday.

Also, for the notification title that is really long, I can make it so it scrolls across instead of wrapping (i think, things behave differently in AOD due to making sure the device can deep sleep)

kjames2001

Oct 22, 2011
Yep! Its definitely 4! I found the code. Now just gotta figure out how to add a new row.. Shouldn't be too bad. Just gotta find time. Have a paper due and an exam on Friday.

Also, for the notification title that is really long, I can make it so it scrolls across instead of wrapping (i think, things behave differently in AOD due to making sure the device can deep sleep)
Great idea for the scrolling titles!

But can you make it optional, because not everyone would want it that way.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Great idea for the scrolling titles!

But can you make it optional, because not everyone would want it that way.
Well of course! I would never intentionally make something static. Always power to the user! Lol. But I didn't wanna work on a feature nobody was gonna use ha

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a simple yet cool module to customize the AOD Display on the Galaxy S7. Only S7 is supported currently because that is the phone that I currently own and can test with.

Whats it do?

As of 3.8.18:
    - Allows for a text label to be displayed below the icon. This text label is of the "title" parameter from the notification itself. If the notification uses a "RemoteViews" layout, then the "title" parameter will be empty and no label is shown. It works great with Textra SMS and Snapchat to show who they are from. I can customize each notification per app but need a list of apps to further support.
    - The text label is fully customizable, text color, size, and maximum width are fully adjustable.

UPDATE: 6.22.18
    - Added a crap ton of stuff.. See screenshots :)

To Do:
    - I might add long press on icon to clear notification (if this is possible, I think it is though.) <- Not possible
    - Also, possibility for full customization of the clock and positioning of everything. As of now, the defaults are fine with me personally <- Still thinking about this, might make it so you can literally make your own
    - Music controls always on bottom of display (maybe) <- Moved to below notifications due to reasons :)

Screenshots

Downlod:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.elesbb.aodcustomizer
    Hey guys. I got it updated. Try it out and let me know what happens

SCREENSHOTS:
    Note 8, Oreo AOD, v3.2.26.4
    =·]
    @elesbb
    Were my comments & my AOD-apk all clear and good?

Something totally different I noticed...
    In Xposed the XDA-link isn't correct. It is a link to create a new topic :)
    Great to have you back!

Thanks for the update, but I'm a bit concerned. I thought you said that aod is supposed to be in deep sleep. But with all the new features, I worry if it's going to be power hungry. Plus, I don't want it to turn on the flashlight in my pocket, so please add a switch too these features.

The device is still in deep sleep. There is nothing "running" with the new features. Nothing happens until you interact with the AOD Display. Same as before. But yes, I will add a "four click" option to turn on the flash light. I have had it come on in my pocket when I was sweating. All the new code is running before AOD Display comes on, so the device isn't in deep sleep yet. I can promise you it will not be power hungry. The only addition of "power consumption" is the media buttons being on the screen. They are grey and you can choose the transparency so it won't be super draining. In addition, the size is also adjustable.