[ROM] Droid X Detox Ginger Public Beta

Search This thread

baretoes

Nov 23, 2010
Thanks for another option for us DX users Smyers. Now please, stop digging yourself a deeper hole with your responses.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

Scitzo382

May 5, 2011
Don't let these bums discourage you smyers your doing great work keep it up we are all in this together that's why its a community

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA Premium App

SeanStar

Jun 16, 2011
Wow, this is pretty pathetic. Next time you rip someone off and lie about it, smyers, at least admit you were wrong in doing so.. otherwise you'll never learn.

My advice: Instead of re-releasing other people's work with slight modifications as your own, go make an actual contribution.

Last edited:

javip

Dec 3, 2009
go take a look at gingerale..does that look like it was stolen no..sorry for what I did jeeze you people care way to much about a system on your phone get a life.

for someone with a lawyer for a dad you sure are a dumbass.

it's not about caring about a system on your phone. it's about the ethics of stealing other peoples work and releasing it as your with a slight tweak.

how about i go repaint a blue picasso as a red and see how much the world cares if i try to pass it off as my own. dumbass (oh wait, can i say that or is it legally liable. i better go ask a lawyer.)

bigxie

Nov 14, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.twitter.com
go take a look at gingerale..does that look like it was stolen no..sorry for what I did jeeze you people care way to much about a system on your phone get a life.

You obviously cared enough to repeatedly deny and lie about the actual origins of this ROM.

No one is getting sued, there's nothing illegal about what you did, but the ethics are just wrong and your attitude is not one that suggests you regretted what you did or will change your behavior in the future.

That's why people are ragging on you, because you didn't learn a lesson.

chefthomas99

May 14, 2010
Texas
You obviously cared enough to repeatedly deny and lie about the actual origins of this ROM.

No one is getting sued, there's nothing illegal about what you did, but the ethics are just wrong and your attitude is not one that suggests you regretted what you did or will change your behavior in the future.

100% the point I was making.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App

smyers1012

Dec 15, 2010

Understandable. I'd like to make this statement now. I am truly sorry and really believe I have learned my lesson. To prove this, before I start any new projects I am going to work on this ROM by theming it and adding stuff to it so it looks less like Apex. Obviously all credit will go to Fabulous with his stellar ROM base! Bigxie I really hope we can still be cool!

Thanks,
Sean Myers

shilohdrummer

Jan 8, 2011
It was an interesting read! Thanks for the midnight entertainment. I came here from the Samsung fascinate forums just to see if I could upgrade my cousin's droid x. Sean, thanks for carrying about the droid x users on the XDA forums and I pray you continue so. I believe you posted the only GB rom on here (I wonder why the big daddies don't). What I've seen as a trend on the rom "developers" on the samsung fascinate xda forums is the MASSIVE list of credits in the rom introduction section. No one can hate you then if you do as well. Please edit for the sake of your halo. You deserve A beer for at least making XDA forum users easier.

Jmatch

Feb 12, 2011
Shilo im also from there Idk really why im here just looking :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

shilohdrummer

Jan 8, 2011
lol, I at least have a reason. What an xda-o-phile.
I'm sooooo upset that fascinate still doesn't have a stable Gingerbread :mad: You droid x users consider yourself lucky.

smyers1012

Dec 15, 2010
haven't had time to start theming it really! Changed a few things, however what color would you like me to base the theming off of???

shukero

Mar 3, 2011
Hey so I have a question. I'm still on rooted fission 2.2 and was wondering if I would just take the zip and run it through droidstrapper. Would this work?

Last edited:

bigshotrob22

Oct 3, 2010
Tucson
Hey so I have a question. I'm still on rooted fission 2.2 and was wondering if I would just take the zip and run it through droidstrapper. Would this work?

Your already on 2.3.340 so all you have to do is follow the directions..there's no need to sbf.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DETOX GINGER PUBLIC BETA

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is my second ROM ever. Both have been for GB but I'm very pleased to tell you this one will not be on the GB leak but from the .596 rooted OTA from the TeamBlackHat application! That would be the 2 Part file that you you have to download but we will get into that later!

Things to Know:
    -596 System of 2.3.3 GingerBread
    -No MotoBlur except for Accounts!
    -Stock AOSP Based ROM

What's Included:
    -Stock AOSP Launcher (GB)
    -3D App Drawer
    -CRT Animation
    -Ridiculously Fast even w/ LWP!
    -All Blur Removed
    -Nexus S Themed (Wallpapers,Icons, etc.)
    -Droid X2 Wallpapers (Thanks P3Droid)
    -HTC Fancy Widget Clock (Old Version!)
    -GingerBread Lockscreen
    -DSP Manager
    -Actual Stock AOSP GingerBread Dialer
    -Build.prop Edits
    -Eri.xml Edits
    -Lots of Orange Highlights :)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Screenshots:

CAP201106141615.jpg
    CAP201106141616.jpg
    CAP201106141617.jpg
    CAP2011061416161.jpg
    CAP2011061416151.jpg
    CAP201106141651.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b6t449ehf3sziz2

Instructions:

1. Get on 2.3.340 (Android 2.2) (SBF)
    2. Root with Z4 Root or Method of your choice
    3. Get DX Bootstrapper (Boot Recovery)
    4. Download Part 1 and 2 of OTA Rooted GingerBread .596
    5. Wipe Data/Cache
    6. Install Part 1 & 2
    7. Reboot Phone
    8. Download D2 Bootstrapper (Boot Recovery)
    9. Wipe Data/Cache (To be safe)
    10.Install Detox Ginger Public Beta.zip
    11.Reboot System
    12.Enoy!

For right now there are currently no bugs. This, however, is a beta and has room for improvement as always. Let me know what you would like to see and what needs to be fixed and I will make it happen! If you have any questions or would like to report something to me or tell me about how to make my ROM better you can either post here and I respond every couple hours or so depending on if I'm out, or you can email me and I'll get back to you faster probably! My contact info is below!

Email: SeanMyers10@gmail.com
    Twitter: @MainModzSite

Please Donate and Support my ROMS! :)

Paypal - Jmyersrw@aol.com
    OK Now I have to say something...

First off we need to talk about credit; while credit is due to the people that have created things such as Apex, fusion, fission, and other ROMS they have already received credit... and LOADS of it. thousands if not millions of people have already given thanks let alone money to the devs that have created these ROMS, so 1 person not giving thanks will not send these devs into a raging frenzy where they start ripping off peoples heads or anything like that.

Next we need to start talking about what XDA as well as the Open source community is, because to be frank with a lot of you; you obviously don't get what Open source means, or just overlooked it. The android project is an OPEN SOURCE PROJECT, with OPEN SOURCE CODE & an OPEN SOURCE SYSTEM.

This means that nothing, NOTHING is off limits to whoever wants it. Do you all know why ubuntu and linux are so awesome/secure? This is because every single person have access to everything that is in the system; including root access (hmm that sounds familiar) code, and system settings. This way if there is any malicous code it gets dealt with fast because so many people can attack the problem at once. XDA and ANDROID are the same, this being open source it means everyone can add their 2 cents as well as fix problems or improve upon the base features of the system.

So with that being said; those who said that this guy is "stealing" what the other devs have, should also be complaing to those other devs since at the very beginning they "stole" everything from Motorola, and mixed it with what they "stole" from google and put it all together to make an even better experience for the end user. And while you are at it why not just complain to Google about "stealing" the linux code they used to create their Os? See how this all gets out of control?

Now, XDA as well as other places like droidlife, androidcentral, etc. are places for the open source..r in all of us to come together as a community and throw ideas to each other. Naturally there will be some ideas some people like and others that they don't. This doesnt mean we will sacrifice the meaning of open source just because someone wanted to improve upon something done before. That's how systems evolve, HELL that's how android evolved! Google always looks at what devs have been doing and they sometimes take those idea's and put them into the system itself.

If these Devs should be feeling anything it would be honor that someone took the idea's they had and incorporated them into their own mix.

And there you have it!

Just incase someone doesn't agree with me all I have is this to say: You may not agree with me which is your right. But that also means I don't have to give a **** about what you have to say as well! Remember it's a 2 way street :p