Standby drain

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

tele_jas

Aug 18, 2006
Mount Vernon
I lose about 3% an hour while I sleep. No other phone I've owned has drained that much.

I'm sure it's an app sucking the juice out of it.... I've restored it back to clean factory setting 3 times, after a few weeks it always goes back to about 3% an hour.

I uses Gsam battery monitor, but it shows nothing out of the ordinary other than: System, Samsux DeX (which I don't use), or the Kernel is usually really high.

I LOVE everything else about this phone, other than this.

F@XDA

Sep 1, 2017
did your mobile data is always on while u sleep? bcoz for me it drains only 3 percent after 7 hrs of sleep with mobile data off.
with mobile data 10% battery drain after 7hrs

h4cked

Sep 4, 2017
I have the same problem, with mobile data ON...phone drains 3% overnight (8hours).
My old Samsung S6 drains 0-1% over night with cell radio on.

all draining apps optimized with brevent.
battery draining apps disabled with BK Disabler + some gapps services disabled
volte + wifi calling off.

gsam and better battery stats show no problems.
But Android Battery statistics show high cell standby drain.
I think it is a modem issue.

I have got an G950F with DBT Firmware

Reactions: hanifh

thenessus

Mar 7, 2011
I lose 0.5% overnight.
Not per hour... but over the whole night.
No AOD.
Disabled bixby and all bixby services.
Disabled anything related to Samsung's voice services.

Reactions: Sanciio
I lose about 3% an hour while I sleep. No other phone I've owned has drained that much.

I'm sure it's an app sucking the juice out of it.... I've restored it back to clean factory setting 3 times, after a few weeks it always goes back to about 3% an hour.

I uses Gsam battery monitor, but it shows nothing out of the ordinary other than: System, Samsux DeX (which I don't use), or the Kernel is usually really high.

I lose 3% an hour too. I have an old Galaxy Note 3 on Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 (Android 7.1.2) that lasts 25 days on standby. It's the stupid LagWiz bloated OS!

sp1312

Dec 5, 2012
Amsterdam
I have the same issue.. even in day or night it drains 3-4% per hour with AOD off. on Power saving mode.
Not sure what to do.

Cyraxke

Sep 8, 2017
Hi there,new to the forum and just wanted to share me experience of the standby drain.
I usually put my my phone off when i go to sleep,but afther reading this tread i wanted to test how much my phone drains over night...
AOD off , wifi and mobile data off, lost about 5 % on 10 h,so i asume this is pretty good

Xygote

Oct 16, 2011
Hi there,new to the forum and just wanted to share me experience of the standby drain.
I usually put my my phone off when i go to sleep,but afther reading this tread i wanted to test how much my phone drains over night...
AOD off , wifi and mobile data off, lost about 5 % on 10 h,so i asume this is pretty good

Should be find after that.

ryanstuart

Sep 14, 2017
New York
www.technowize.com
When you sleep, does your phone sleep, or does it stay up all night and crunch 1s and 0s? Rate this thread to express how you deem the speed at which the Samsung Galaxy S8's battery drains under standby conditions. A higher rating indicates that when the phone is not in use, the battery drains minimally.

It is because of the android apps that is running in background. It keeps running if you are connected to the internet. If you checked which cause battery drains you will come to know that majority of apps are consuming too much power. It is better to install those apps which requires less space and don't updates frequently. Gaming Apps, Time management Apps, Fitness Apps, News Apps are updated almost everyday. So it is good to uninstall it if you are not using it.

I have seen many people who install so many apps but never used any which is not only uses the spaces but also consume the battery power.

Reactions: 24pavk

dearnemo

Sep 26, 2017
same issue. i got both the s8 and s8+, both lost 15% after 7-8 hours sleep...
after some normal usage the battery dies arround 5pm everyday... this is really annoying.
the battery is the biggest but the only disappointment on my s8 and s8+, hopefully this can be fixedby system patch on some day.

Reactions: DjSkreem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Its just Samsung or other manufacturer´s also suffer from standby drain? My S8 its terrible. Android system always high. Most wake locks are from Google with Gps position (And yes, i have the maps history disabled).

It's just Samsung. I had a V30 sit on my desk untouched for over a week before it died (phenomenal phone, but I returned it for the S8+ due to its display defects). There was nothing disabled on it, no airplane mode, I just had it face-down so the always on display wouldn't drain it, which is how it should be. We shouldn't have to disable core functionality of our phone just to have it work the way it should.

It's driving me nuts. The standby is way better when I just leave my phone on airplane mode while I sleep, but obviously that isn't feasible in daily use.

Weirdly, the always on display also seems to drain the S8 much faster on an OLED display than the always on display on the G5, which is a completely backlit LCD screen- it makes no sense to me.
    ImsService wakelocks + voLTE causing battery drain

Hi ppl,
    I was unable to read all the pages so I don't know if someone already wrote this but my standby draining on my S8 SM-G950F, was due to ImsService wakelocks (found it thanks to GSam Battery Monitor), caused by Enhanced LTE Services being enabled (I was having 3-5%/h on standby and now I have 0,6%/h), so where is the procedure to solve this:

1st - Download and install Nova Launcher (if you don't use it yet);
    2nd - Enable the Widget "Activities" of Nova Launcher:
    3rd - Search "Phone" with 129 in front of it:
    4th - Expand and search for "Enhanced LTE Services":
    5th - Disable Enhanced LTE Services

After this I finally have my Samsung Galaxy S8 with great battery life :D
    I hope this helps some users,
    Best Regards to all

I lose 3% an hour too. I have an old Galaxy Note 3 on Resurrection Remix 5.8.3 (Android 7.1.2) that lasts 25 days on standby. It's the stupid LagWiz bloated OS!
    Hi,

can you please write some how-to?
    I do not know which services and what is AOD?

see this link (go to debloat section), https://www.xda-developers.com/the-...r-community-radically-improved-my-experience/ and click on the screen shot link to see the apps that are disabled. AOD stands for Always on Display (in settings/display).