Need TWRP recovery for LYF Water F1S

Search This thread

onkarrathee

Nov 19, 2016
Guys...i have found a page for the stock rom for LYF water F1s Ls-5201. You can download it from here

I also extracted the stock recovery image from device and here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMCGOjWJuaxY0NSemJ6ZzdNU1U/view?usp=sharing

Also tried the method to make TWRP for LYF water F1_ LS5201 by @suraj-b method.... but not successful yet. For the process i've used twrp recovery of Le 2 x526.

i'm not a developer but it would be my pleasure if whatever i tried, help somebody.

Don't forget to "Hit THANKS..."

Last edited:

zjsss

Apr 8, 2017
Guys...i have found a page for the stock rom for LYF water F1s Ls-5201. You can download them from there http://www.needrom.com/download/lyf-ls-5201/#

I also extracted the stock recovery image from device and here is the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMCGOjWJuaxY0NSemJ6ZzdNU1U/view?usp=sharing

Also tried the method to make TWRP for LYF water F1_ LS5201 by @suraj-b method.... but not successful yet. For the process i've used stock recovery of Le 2 x526.

i'm not a developer but i would be my pleasure if whatever i tried, help somebody.

Good job !

onkarrathee

Nov 19, 2016
How to flash stock firmware to LYF water F1s Ls-5201

Prepare your system-----
1) Install the Qualcomm usb drivers on your system. Download link
2) Check your PC device manager, your phone should be detected in "Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008" mode. It must detect to start the process.
3) Download the stock firmware from here . The software version downloaded with this link is "LS-5201-S10A_LYF_L13EN_200_170124_09-55-13".
4) Extract the downloaded firmware zip to an folder and rename the "IMAGES_FOR_QMSCT" to "firmware".
5) Download & install the QPST tool. Google it you can find it easily.
6) power off your phone & Make sure your device is charged to at least 50%.
7) Run the installed QFIL from installed programmes. Browse in programmer path to the "prog_emmc_firehose_8976_ddr.mbn" file in the folder where firmware is extracted. It will load the firmware & buid will be selected automatically.
8) Click on load xml and select the "rawprogram_unsparse_without_qcn.xml" if you havn't the backup of NV partition of your device.
If you have the backup NV partition of your device than you can select "rawprogram_unsparse.xml" because this will erase your RF Calibration data, IMEI and WiFi/Bluetooth Address etc. and you will have to restore the NV partition after installing the ROM.

I would suggest you to select "rawprogram_unsparse_without_qcn.xml" & keep it simple.
9) Choose the "patch0.xml" after that.
10) Hold the vol+ & vol- key together and plug usb cable to phone to enter into download mode. As you plug in the QPST tool would recognise your device in QDLoader 9008 mode with com port no. and download button will get activated.
11) Click the download button and sit back, it will take some time.
12) "finish dowload" appear, when process got completed and phone will reboot automatically.
13) Disconnect the device from PC one "android screen" appears (usually it takes 5 min. to appear LYF logo screen from android boot screen)
14) If doesn't reboots, there is some problem & get ready for real hard work ;).

You might have bricked. In this case just press the power button so than it can power ON. If android screen appears you are lucky enough ;)
-----If android screen remains more than 6-8 minute, you are in bootloop. (It useually takes 5 min for LYF logo to appear after android logo)
-----To switch off your device in case of bootloop, press vol+, vol- & power key together for some time. It will switch off.
-----try to flash the firmware again by above process.

I have tested this method on my device and successfully flashed the stock firmware.

Don't forget to "HIT thanks"...!!! :)

Credit:
@SoCr@Te for providing the stock firmware
Me: for testing the procedure

Last edited:

zjsss

Apr 8, 2017
Le2 not support MicroSd.
I will try use recovery of oppo R9plus.

Last edited:

onkarrathee

Nov 19, 2016
TWRP recovery LYF_LS-5201

Guys... here is the unofficial twrp recovery for LS-5201. Download it here .

Let me know that you suceed..:p

This is twrp_unofficial_3.1.0.0 ported from Leeco Le2's TWRP recovery using @suraj-b method and if anythong goes wrong on your device download the stock recovery from the thread and flash it from bootloader.

Try on your own risk..!! :fingers-crossed:

Don't forget to HIT "Thnanks" down there :)

prashant.palange

Mar 1, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Okey.
It works and rooted by supersu system less package.
I shared recovery.img on https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVjewgp3fvLRm9IM0FOcTF1aGc/view?usp=sharing
How to flash it bro...plzzz give us step by step help

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Okey.
I shared recovery.img on https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwVjewgp3fvLRm9IM0FOcTF1aGc/view?usp=sharing
If i flash it via fastboot...den can i root it through twrp...

prashant.palange

Mar 1, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
It works well on my phone.
Thnk u soo much to bring us such wonderfull recovery....but bro...i found 2 issue....1 internal storage is showing empty 0mb and 2 der is no option for root like supersu.zip..plzz help me for dat...m i done wrong anything..plzzz help thank u sooo much brother...it doesn't mount internal storage..i tried mound system and data....but data doesn't mount...plzz help..hope u will understand

Last edited:
Reactions: mbk.mbk

zjsss

Apr 8, 2017
Thnk u soo much to bring us such wonderfull recovery....but bro...i found 2 issue....1 internal storage is showing empty 0mb and 2 der is no option for root like supersu.zip..plzz help me for dat...m i done wrong anything..plzzz help thank u sooo much brother...it doesn't mount internal storage..i tried mound system and data....but data doesn't mount...plzz help..hope u will understand
It's my bad. This img had bugs.I well try to fix it.
You can copy supersu.zip to MircoSD and install it in TWRP rigtht now.
I checked by adb shell root is success.
Very sorry about that.

zjsss

Apr 8, 2017
U r simply genius brother..root works properly.....god bless u ..love u ....:laugh::good:
Just try to make bugless twrp....thnk u in advance....

Thx,i found this not a bug.
/data was locked by system.
Into twrp and keep /system read only,
And wipe /data will be ok .
but it will lost all your data in the phone!!!
So backup everything before you do it.
and install supersu .zip again to root.

Last edited:

prashant.palange

Mar 1, 2014
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Thx,i found this not a bug.
/data was locked by system.
Into twrp and keep /system read only,
And wipe /data will be ok .
but it will lost all your data in the phone!!!
So backup everything before you do it.
and install supersu .zip again to root.
So what should i wipe...dalvik, cache, and data dats it..okay....not system...m i right? But data is not mounting den how can i wipe it?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to flash stock firmware to LYF water F1s Ls-5201

Prepare your system-----
    1) Install the Qualcomm usb drivers on your system. Download link
    2) Check your PC device manager, your phone should be detected in "Qualcomm HS-USB QDloader 9008" mode. It must detect to start the process.
    3) Download the stock firmware from here . The software version downloaded with this link is "LS-5201-S10A_LYF_L13EN_200_170124_09-55-13".
    4) Extract the downloaded firmware zip to an folder and rename the "IMAGES_FOR_QMSCT" to "firmware".
    5) Download & install the QPST tool. Google it you can find it easily.
    6) power off your phone & Make sure your device is charged to at least 50%.
    7) Run the installed QFIL from installed programmes. Browse in programmer path to the "prog_emmc_firehose_8976_ddr.mbn" file in the folder where firmware is extracted. It will load the firmware & buid will be selected automatically.
    8) Click on load xml and select the "rawprogram_unsparse_without_qcn.xml" if you havn't the backup of NV partition of your device.
    If you have the backup NV partition of your device than you can select "rawprogram_unsparse.xml" because this will erase your RF Calibration data, IMEI and WiFi/Bluetooth Address etc. and you will have to restore the NV partition after installing the ROM.

I would suggest you to select "rawprogram_unsparse_without_qcn.xml" & keep it simple.
    9) Choose the "patch0.xml" after that.
    10) Hold the vol+ & vol- key together and plug usb cable to phone to enter into download mode. As you plug in the QPST tool would recognise your device in QDLoader 9008 mode with com port no. and download button will get activated.
    11) Click the download button and sit back, it will take some time.
    12) "finish dowload" appear, when process got completed and phone will reboot automatically.
    13) Disconnect the device from PC one "android screen" appears (usually it takes 5 min. to appear LYF logo screen from android boot screen)
    14) If doesn't reboots, there is some problem & get ready for real hard work ;).

You might have bricked. In this case just press the power button so than it can power ON. If android screen appears you are lucky enough ;)
    -----If android screen remains more than 6-8 minute, you are in bootloop. (It useually takes 5 min for LYF logo to appear after android logo)
    -----To switch off your device in case of bootloop, press vol+, vol- & power key together for some time. It will switch off.
    -----try to flash the firmware again by above process.

I have tested this method on my device and successfully flashed the stock firmware.

Don't forget to "HIT thanks"...!!! :)

Credit:
    @SoCr@Te for providing the stock firmware
    Me: for testing the procedure
    Guys...i have found a page for the stock rom for LYF water F1s Ls-5201. You can download it from here

Also tried the method to make TWRP for LYF water F1_ LS5201 by @suraj-b method.... but not successful yet. For the process i've used twrp recovery of Le 2 x526.

i'm not a developer but it would be my pleasure if whatever i tried, help somebody.

Okey.
    I shared recovery.img on https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwVjewgp3fvLbmtxZ21fSUZhOW8
    Or download full package with flash tools and supersu.zip [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwVjewgp3fvLUnRHS3NGRjlIRTQ]TWRP-OneKeyFlash-supersu-lyf-water-f1s.rar[/URL]
    i am getting error brother firehose error like...actully m done okay,,but didnt understand whats wrong please help
    error like this = download fail:sahara fail:Qsahara server fail:proccess fail

Can i flash it via twrp...?dis rom

Updated::...i have successfully flash stock rom....follow each n every step given by above post just use latesT QPST TOOL 2.7.435 n above

If you ever get "Sahara error" means that the flashing tool is trying to communicate your device but it can't. It is due to

==(It will be better if you run windows in testing mode. Running Windows in test mode can be found on Google easily).===

1) corrupt or improper driver ---Install proper Qualcomm drivers

2) The drivers already installed for others devices on your PC are conflicting----- uninstall all the drivers and reinstall drivers only for your device or you can use other pc.

3) That your phone is in bootloop and continuously switching between Qualcomm 9008 & other modes.
    To fix this you need to follow---
    A) unplug the USB cable from phone
    B) press and hold the volume+ ; vol- & power button together
    C) your phone will boot for just 0.5 second (leave the buttons ) and again goes to power off.

Now follow the process as explained in my post "how to flash stock from"

This process worked on my device when I got this error.

Hopefully this will work for you too.

Don't forget to hit "THANKS" ?
    TWRP recovery LYF_LS-5201

Guys... here is the unofficial twrp recovery for LS-5201. Download it here .

Let me know that you suceed..:p

This is twrp_unofficial_3.1.0.0 ported from Leeco Le2's TWRP recovery using @suraj-b method and if anythong goes wrong on your device download the stock recovery from the thread and flash it from bootloader.

Try on your own risk..!! :fingers-crossed:

Don't forget to HIT "Thnanks" down there :)