By suttaroom, Senior Member on 7th July 2012, 12:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2012, 11:26 AM |#81  
Flag -6.152345, 106.835542
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabri.91

Hi, I have in plan to do my first Android flashing, I have a Green lens Defy with stock Froyo Italian ROM, on phone info I have:
Android version: 2.2.2
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-ga28fcc4
Build number: JOREM_U3_3.4.2_177-3

I have to do also this "12- Install zip from sdcard>>KERNEL"?
What kernel file I have to use? Because there isn't any link under Green Lens Defy..

If I flash with CM9 then I can reflash it with RSDLite and Italian default SBF?

Thank you very much

just try with your stock froyo kernel first ...
just wipe data, cache, & dalvik from custom recovery, and then install the CM9 zip.
I have been using my stock froyo kernel from the beginning, and it hasn't shown any problem yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexGraves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlexGraves Ad-Free
19th August 2012, 04:29 PM |#82  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 0

More
First of all, I'd like to thank you for the excellent post. It worked like a charm. It's looking great, but I have 2 problems:
1. sometimes I select an application and it crashes ( not so important)
2. Camera and some other apps don't recognize my SD card (external storage). What shall I do?

thanks
ovius
19th August 2012, 05:07 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovius

First of all, I'd like to thank you for the excellent post. It worked like a charm. It's looking great, but I have 2 problems:
1. sometimes I select an application and it crashes ( not so important)
2. Camera and some other apps don't recognize my SD card (external storage). What shall I do?

thanks
ovius

1- crashing apps: reinstall the apps and try.
2- sd card: format the card and reinsert.
The Following User Says Thank You to suttaroom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suttaroom Ad-Free
19th August 2012, 06:11 PM |#84  
Flag Brasov

More
nope, it's not working. whem i hit storage command it crashes, and i got again the system settings menu.
thks anyway.
I can't format the card from the phone menu just from my pc, and i've done this already.
22nd August 2012, 08:48 AM |#85  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovius

nope, it's not working. whem i hit storage command it crashes, and i got again the system settings menu.
thks anyway.
I can't format the card from the phone menu just from my pc, and i've done this already.

Always format the card (from wherever possible ) before using it in a new rom..
4th September 2012, 09:21 AM |#86  

More
Thumbs up
Hey! Thank you so much for the detailed steps. My Defy is now running on Android 4 and now I'm unable to pick any calls from my mobile. If someone tries calling me, they get a busy tone after a single ring and even I don't get any notification of call in the mobile. Can somebody help me to fix the problem?
11th September 2012, 05:53 AM |#87  

More
2ndInit say 2ndInit menu installed

but cann't into its bootmenu

plz help
13th September 2012, 10:45 PM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak****_Sharma

2ndInit say 2ndInit menu installed

but cann't into its bootmenu

plz help

reboot .. while the red M logo appears look at the indicator light .. at the moment it turrns blue.. hit vol down
The Following User Says Thank You to suttaroom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suttaroom Ad-Free
15th September 2012, 06:32 AM |#89  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttaroom

reboot .. while the red M logo appears look at the indicator light .. at the moment it turrns blue.. hit vol down

thanks
16th September 2012, 12:01 AM |#90  

More
Motorola Defy TELUS Canada SBF
Hello,

I installed the ROM successfully. (First time thanks btw! ) This may seem like a dumb question, but how do I instal my Telus SBF?

-EDIT- In my infinite stupidity and noobishness, I installed the Telus default sbf which undid everything that I had just done. Now my phone is boot looping with the standard froyo on it. Laugh if you must but please help.

-Second EDIT- Got it back on and working on my network! Much obliged!
26th October 2012, 04:56 PM |#91  

More
Display turned off when i call some one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob-New

Hey! Thank you so much for the detailed steps. My Defy is now running on Android 4 and now I'm unable to pick any calls from my mobile. If someone tries calling me, they get a busy tone after a single ring and even I don't get any notification of call in the mobile. Can somebody help me to fix the problem?

After installing this ROM, i am facing two problems at the moment

1. Problem related to call.
Before installing this CM9, i was on stock Froyo Rom (UK),
Now After Installing ICS CM9, Everything working fantastic except that when i call someone, then display is turned off everytime (whether i bring mobile near my ear or not). and display is normal after 3-5 seconds after Call is disconnecting from other end. if i call someone, then i cant disconnect it as display is switched off as soon as i press "dial" button

2. Problem related to Video Recording
Flash cant be turned on during video recording

No problem when i receive call.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)