[OTA] 5.0.2 XT1032 Retail US

Search This thread

eugineprakash

Jun 21, 2013
Chennai
Are there any issues with upgrade?

Yes thats how it usually works!

Are there any issues with upgrade?bcos iam currently in cm12.1 my bootloader version 41.19
I am planing to restore 4.4.4 us retail without downgrade my bootloader after that i am going upgrade from OTA in above thread.
Are there any issues with upgrade?Please guide me if i wrong.

Thanks,

Reactions: attack11

Joandvg6

Dec 10, 2014
Puerto Ordaz
Are there any issues with upgrade?bcos iam currently in cm12.1 my bootloader version 41.19
I am planing to restore 4.4.4 us retail without downgrade my bootloader after that i am going upgrade from OTA in above thread.

Thanks,

I have been unable to install the update. Was with custom recovery and root and tried to install it and failed. Did factory reset, install stock recovery, download again the OTA from phone an try to install it and did not work.
Used the guide to go back to the stock firmware (though I already had it)
Try to install it using stock recovery, threw and error. (books.apk blabla).

Don't know what problems could yo be facing but man, this has been tough.

EDIT:

Just figured it out! The problem was exactly that I was already using the stock ROM and deleted some system APKs.
After trying going back to the really stock one once again (first I did not flash system images) it is installing correctly!

Btw this is my mirror for those who prefer using MEGA servers.

https://mega.co.nz/#!qJIE0SAY!u5-ezdk4o9OWfEKWVAJtW1KKQrV82NhiG1-myqlwOJ4

Last edited:

eugineprakash

Jun 21, 2013
Chennai
working confirm Thanks

I have been unable to install the update. Was with custom recovery and root and tried to install it and failed. Did factory reset, install stock recovery, download again the OTA from phone an try to install it and did not work.
Used the guide to go back to the stock firmware (though I already had it)
Try to install it using stock recovery, threw and error. (books.apk blabla).

Don't know what problems could yo be facing but man, this has been tough.

EDIT:

Just figured it out! The problem was exactly that I was already using the stock ROM and deleted some system APKs.
After trying going back to the really stock one once again (first I did not flash system images) it is installing correctly!

Btw this is my mirror for those who prefer using MEGA servers.

http s:/ / mega . co . nz/ #!qJIE0SAY!u5-ezdk4o9OWfEKWVAJtW1KKQrV82NhiG1-myqlwOJ4

working confirm Thanks

tifossi88

Dec 29, 2013
I have problems to update too. XT1032, Retail US. As a first information, I have KK 4.4.4

I managed to download the update from my mobile (zipfile Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US, I already transferred to my PC thanks to Root Explorer), but when I go to "install now" and reboot, trying to install from zip file, pops a message from my recovery (PhilzTouch) Error Status 7. My phone is rooted by SU v2.46

So, what are the exactly step-by-step guide. I will appreciate that. Greetings from Chile

Last edited:

kykemejia

Apr 24, 2012
Bogotá
Xiaomi Redmi 8
I have problems to update too. XT1032, Retail US. As a first information, I have KK 4.4.4

I managed to download the update from my mobile (zipfile Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US, I already transferred to my PC thanks to Root Explorer), but when I go to "install now" and reboot, trying to install from zip file, pops a message from my recovery (PhilzTouch) Error Status 7. My phone is rooted by SU v2.46

So, what are the exactly step-by-step guide. I will appreciate that. Greetings from Chile

Change your recovery por el Stock Recovery for Kitkat 4.4.4

Joandvg6

Dec 10, 2014
Puerto Ordaz
Last edited:
Reactions: iDynamics

tifossi88

Dec 29, 2013
Change your recovery por el Stock Recovery for Kitkat 4.4.4

Followed your steps:

- Flashed my phone (XT1032) with Retail US 4.4.4 Stock (RETAIL_XT1032_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.61_cid9_CFC.xml) using CMD, fastboot, typing list of files, etc.
- Updated some Motorola apps. Noticed Super SU is already included and installed by default, no way to uninstall it.
- Downloaded to my computer the OTA file (Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US), then moved OTA file to SD Card
- Turn off mobile
. Reboot in stock recovery, with the robot and the exclamation sign.
- Try to apply update from SD card with the file previously loaded on it (Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US)
- At verifying update package, update stops popping a message. The message in yellow is:

Package expects build fingerprint of motorola/falcon_retuglb/falcon_umts:4.4.4/KXB21.14-L1.61/62:user/release-keys or motorola/falcon_retuglb/falcon_umts:5.0.2/LXB22.99-36/35: user/release-keys; this device has motorola/falcon_retuglb/falcon_umts:4.4.2/KXB
Installation aborted.

What should I do in that case? Feel free to answer me in spanish for PM.

Last edited:

Joandvg6

Dec 10, 2014
Puerto Ordaz
Followed your steps:

- Flashed my phone (XT1032) with Retail US 4.4.4 Stock (RETAIL_XT1032_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.61_cid9_CFC.xml) using CMD, fastboot, typing list of files, etc.
- Updated some Motorola apps. Noticed Super SU is already included and installed by default, no way to uninstall it.
- Downloaded to my computer the OTA file (Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US), then moved OTA file to SD Card
- Turn off mobile
- Try to apply update from SD card with the file previously loaded on it (Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US)
- At verifying update package, update stops popping a message. The message in yellow is:

In the SU menu you can find a way to delete the root, but I don't think that is causing the error.
Can you please tell me the version of recovery your phone have? You may have installed a kit kat 4.4.2 recovery or one with a different build number and that's causing the error.

IKXB21.14-L1.61

In the recovery menu, you should see the .61. I got the same problem as you and was using .32.
Did full factory reset, and installed stock again (w/o updating anything at all), when I checked the recovery, it was .61 and it updated perfectly.

In case you are really sure you got the actual last kitkat update firmware, you can try to extract the recovery.img and flash it using moto tool,
(rename it to StockKitkatrecovery.img and replace the one it brings with this one)

Last edited:
Reactions: tifossi88

tifossi88

Dec 29, 2013
In the SU menu you can find a way to delete the root, but I don't think that is causing the error.
Can you please tell me the version of recovery your phone have? You may have installed a kit kat 4.4.2 recovery or one with a different build number and that's causing the error.

IKXB21.14-L1.61

In the recovery menu, you should see the .61. I got the same problem as you and was using .32.
Did full factory reset, and installed stock again (w/o updating anything at all), when I checked the recovery, it was .61 and it updated perfectly.

In case you are really sure you got the actual last kitkat update firmware, you can try to extract the recovery.img and flash it using moto tool,
(rename it to StockKitkatrecovery.img and replace the one it brings with this one)

I solved my problem by myself, thanks anyway. The issue for me, was updating some apps once in 4.4.4. You should not to do it.

Explanation for dummies, as me, in order to get Lollipop 5.0.2:

1) Flash your phone (XT1032) with Retail US 4.4.4 Stock (RETAIL_XT1032_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.61_cid9_CFC.xml), as it follows:

A) Extract the Retail US 444. Stock zip file (475 MB)
B) Download this file too: (1,5 MB) https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlbrn71wfqyup4u/mfastboot-v2.zip?dl=0 , and unzip it inside the same folder as you extracted Retail US Stock zip file. All files together in the same path.
C) Put your phone on fastboot (turn off, and then press Vol-and Power 3 secs, and release both buttons). Connect your phone to USB port.
D) Inside the folder containing all all these files, press **** + right click and choose "open file command", and a CMD window will open.
E) Once in CMD window, execute one by one:

mfastboot flash boot boot.img
mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
mfastboot erase modemst1
mfastboot erase modemst2
mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
mfastboot erase cache
mfastboot erase userdata
mfastboot reboot

F) After reboot, unplug phone from USB port.
G) Done, you have now Stock Retail US 4.4.4 installed on your phone, Turn it on and set all things in order to go to home screen.

2)Once in the main screen , don't update your apps, no matter if they are even from Google or Motorola, don't do it
3) Download to your PC the OTA file (372 MB) Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US
4) Connect again your phone to USB port , and move OTA file to your phone SD Card
5) Once done previous step, go to Stock Recovery Mode. It is:
A)Turn Off your phone
B) Press Power and Vol- for 3 secs, then release
C) Select with vol- recovery option, and confirm it with vol+ button
D) Android Robot with exclamation sign will show up on the screen
E) Press vol+ and vol- for 5 secs, then press power once and release all the 3 buttons at the same time
F) Recovery Stock will appear you now.​

6) Apply update from SD card with the file previously loaded on it (Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US). Select OTA file on "apply update from zip file".
7) Process will take up to 10-15 minutes aproximately. Voilá, you will have Lollipop 5.0.2 on your RetailUS mobile.

Hope it will be useful for dummies, like me. Thanks.
Greetings from Chile.

M.Jaber

May 22, 2015
Perfect

I had same issue and after all these steps my phone updated perfectly.
Many thanks.:good:

classic757

Apr 15, 2013

Thanks,

You cannot downgrade the 41.19 bootloader to the 41.13. If you try to do that you WILL hardbrick your phone. However you can downgrade from Lollipop to Kitkat 4.4.4 (I know because I am on the 41.19 bootloader and was on cm 12.1 but restored to 4.4.4 successfully).
You have to flash the firmware for your phone except for the gpt.bin and motoboot.img. Flash all the other files in the firmware for your phone without those two and you should be fine.

xt1028 Moto G

Reactions: eugineprakash

saiftheboss7

Jun 24, 2011
Dhaka
saifhassan.info
I'll never flash stuffs with Motorola recovery! Today I did a factory reset with the stock recovery and damn! it deleted all my files in the internal SD! IT would have never happened if I would have factory reset with TWRP!

I'll wait for lost101's zip!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

IKXB21.14-L1.61

I solved my problem by myself, thanks anyway. The issue for me, was updating some apps once in 4.4.4. You should not to do it.

Explanation for dummies, as me, in order to get Lollipop 5.0.2:

1) Flash your phone (XT1032) with Retail US 4.4.4 Stock (RETAIL_XT1032_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.61_cid9_CFC.xml), as it follows:

A) Extract the Retail US 444. Stock zip file (475 MB)
    B) Download this file too: (1,5 MB) https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlbrn71wfqyup4u/mfastboot-v2.zip?dl=0 , and unzip it inside the same folder as you extracted Retail US Stock zip file. All files together in the same path.
    C) Put your phone on fastboot (turn off, and then press Vol-and Power 3 secs, and release both buttons). Connect your phone to USB port.
    D) Inside the folder containing all all these files, press **** + right click and choose "open file command", and a CMD window will open.
    E) Once in CMD window, execute one by one:

mfastboot flash boot boot.img
    mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    mfastboot erase modemst1
    mfastboot erase modemst2
    mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    mfastboot erase cache
    mfastboot erase userdata
    mfastboot reboot

F) After reboot, unplug phone from USB port.
    G) Done, you have now Stock Retail US 4.4.4 installed on your phone, Turn it on and set all things in order to go to home screen.

2)Once in the main screen , don't update your apps, no matter if they are even from Google or Motorola, don't do it
    3) Download to your PC the OTA file (372 MB) Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US
    4) Connect again your phone to USB port , and move OTA file to your phone SD Card
    5) Once done previous step, go to Stock Recovery Mode. It is:
    A)Turn Off your phone
    B) Press Power and Vol- for 3 secs, then release
    C) Select with vol- recovery option, and confirm it with vol+ button
    D) Android Robot with exclamation sign will show up on the screen
    E) Press vol+ and vol- for 5 secs, then press power once and release all the 3 buttons at the same time
    F) Recovery Stock will appear you now.​

6) Apply update from SD card with the file previously loaded on it (Blur_Version.210.12.61.falcon_umts.Retail.en.US). Select OTA file on "apply update from zip file".
    7) Process will take up to 10-15 minutes aproximately. Voilá, you will have Lollipop 5.0.2 on your RetailUS mobile.

Hope it will be useful for dummies, like me. Thanks.
    Greetings from Chile.
    Hi ,
    Can i restore stock US retail 4.4.4 and update this OTA.
    thanks
    Are there any issues with upgrade?

Thanks,
    Where can I get the stock 4.4 so I can upgrade? I need stock recovery too.
    This is the 4.4.4 Retail US (Last Build released)
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ZIxQGJSJ!dnHim2zF3vDIenrvw24NeTDAeneA8m5BEidoD6hz4_k
    That's the one I flashed following the guide to flash stock firmware in this forum and then updated with the OTA I posted before (I suppose the one of the topic is the same)
    Followed your steps:

- Turn off mobile

IKXB21.14-L1.61