Windows 8.1x64 drivers issue

Search This thread

Xipe_Totec

Jan 13, 2014
Hi all guys I need some help because i'm working on that since half an hour and I cant solve it.
I bought a new pc with windows 8.1x64 as operating system. I plug my TF300T and it don't recognize it. In the device tree it is marked with a yellow triangle and when i try to update the drivers manually installing them from the directory where I store the .inf (which work perfectly under windows 7x64) it returns me an error message saying that the .inf file is written for a win95 or newer operating system.

can you help me to fix this?

I already tried out the method illustrated in TF300T troubleshoot thread here on XDA where they suggest to disable the driver signature enforcement

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi all guys I need some help because i'm working on that since half an hour and I cant solve it.
I bought a new pc with windows 8.1x64 as operating system. I plug my TF300T and it don't recognize it. In the device tree it is marked with a yellow triangle and when i try to update the drivers manually installing them from the directory where I store the .inf (which work perfectly under windows 7x64) it returns me an error message saying that the .inf file is written for a win95 or newer operating system.

can you help me to fix this?

I already tried out the method illustrated in TF300T troubleshoot thread here on XDA where they suggest to disable the driver signature enforcement

Try these drivers here that I used for windows 8 ;)

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407571009

Last edited:

Xipe_Totec

Jan 13, 2014
Thank you man.
I solved. Appareantly you can't install ANY android drivers on windows 8.1 N. You MUST HAVE windows media player installed on the system. Some dll dipendency i think. The usual stupid microsoft things.