HTC v3 driver update?

Search This thread

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
Okay, I'm trying to update to 7740 using ansar's (again) but Zune keeps bugging me to update to the latest HTC drivers :mad:. How in the world do I make those annoying HTC Driver updates go away?

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
Wow, 191 views and not a single response. Okay, is there a reg edit maybe that will fix the disappearing keyboard vs having to update maybe?

nserrano

Jul 26, 2010
Install hd2 tool kit if you haven't already done so, this will reinstall your hd2 drivers in case you're missing something.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

nserrano

Jul 26, 2010
In any case, it probably is giving that message because you are missing some htc driver or corrupt.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
use ansars U2M8107.xap. tap on the donotu2htc and then dev unlock / exit then use connection setup and then restart your device (soft reset - power off power on)then go to your pc and delete the relationship between the pc and phone. reset your pc, or try to uninstall reinstall your Zune and try again, and on the pairing beetween pc and phone it should skip the update. because the U2M8107 changes the firmware slightly, it changes only the name to a more updated version, so that zune thinks it is up to date!

sinister1

Feb 28, 2009
Houston
use ansars U2M8107.xap. tap on the donotu2htc and then dev unlock / exit then use connection setup and then restart your device (soft reset - power off power on)then go to your pc and delete the relationship between the pc and phone. reset your pc, or try to uninstall reinstall your Zune and try again, and on the pairing beetween pc and phone it should skip the update. because the U2M8107 changes the firmware slightly, it changes only the name to a more updated version, so that zune thinks it is up to date!

Thanks but all it did was kill my 3G like always.:mad: Luckily I have a back up this time.

Dinchy87

Aug 9, 2011
Živinice
do you have acces to the registry? you could find the settings of where the phone model, celular operator, bla bla bla and such things are, there stays also the frimware revision, just find the next firmware what should be after that update, type that in and zune should not ask any more because it thinks then you have this update