[NIGHTLY] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9

Search This thread

kalala

Mar 25, 2010
many have had the same issue...lots of threads about it too..
what has worked for most is to use a tool like AnTuTu CPU Master and set max to 1512Mhx and Min to 384 Mhz (set on boot). At least set Min...this has stopped my random reboots.....the OC to 1512 makes things a little faster and smoother.

When I use SetCPU, I am only allowed to set the speed for a max and a min. I thought I was able to set the max and min for two cores and not just one. Any idea what I might be on about?

beryxil

Jan 13, 2011
Tumwater
Do we update nightly?

I am loving this ROM. It is so cool to be able to load this in the touchpad. My question is do we flash nightly? I have flashed roms for phones but never nightlies. Also would flashing wipe everything?

Thanks

leftovermagic

Jul 2, 2011
I am loving this ROM. It is so cool to be able to load this in the touchpad. My question is do we flash nightly? I have flashed roms for phones but never nightlies. Also would flashing wipe everything?

Thanks

Flash as often as you want, it's no wipe. Just wipe cache like any other

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
When I use SetCPU, I am only allowed to set the speed for a max and a min. I thought I was able to set the max and min for two cores and not just one. Any idea what I might be on about?

On the CM7 builds setcpu showed 2 cores in CM9 it doesn't for some reason but in CM7 min and max speed was set for both cores so we can only presume that its the same on CM9

Reactions: kalala

StoneRyno

Oct 29, 2011
I use voltage control and assume that it is o/c both cores. I've not seen any appsthat can tell me what each core is at. Even CPU spy looks just like it does for single core CPU.

Nomedias

Jun 3, 2010
FWIW, OpenGLES Extensions Viewer (in Play Store) reports 2 CPUs. I use it to verify what Adreno driver I'm running after a flash. Currently running CM9 Official Nightly from 5-31.

Reactions: BIGSimon

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
FWIW, OpenGLES Extensions Viewer (in Play Store) reports 2 CPUs. I use it to verify what Adreno driver I'm running after a flash. Currently running CM9 Official Nightly from 5-31.

Just tried it it does indeed report 2 cores but screen resolution is wrong at 1024x720 it should be 1024x768 is this for compatible reasons

huggy2008

Mar 11, 2009
Dear All,
coming back from Japan (there I saw a lot of nice tablets) I open my new HP Touchpad and install the last nightly .... up to now it is running good.
I have 2 question.
1. the accu is very fast empty (could also be because of the new accu) is there any
bugfix I should update ?
2. I can't connect to my PC (Win7 64bit) the field to select is grey, so I can't select
it, what should I do ?
many thanx for your help in advance

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Dear All,
coming back from Japan (there I saw a lot of nice tablets) I open my new HP Touchpad and install the last nightly .... up to now it is running good.
I have 2 question.
1. the accu is very fast empty (could also be because of the new accu) is there any
bugfix I should update ?
2. I can't connect to my PC (Win7 64bit) the field to select is grey, so I can't select
it, what should I do ?
many thanx for your help in advance

Settings/storage/ tap the three dots at top right of screen then tap USB computer connection then tick Media device (MTP) then connect to the pc

qbanways

Oct 4, 2011
South Florida
Sup fellas. I've been running nightly for a month now and I couldn't be happier. I only have one issue.
Why are all my apps constantly running in the background even when I never opened them or used them? I close them using go task manager but they come back up.

Is there any apps I should download to help me? Also, what are some recommended apps or setting I should use to get optimal performance on my touchpad.

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
project 1 : fix wifi (complete )

project 2: fix sd card (began)

I'm sure bug lists are prioritized. Just may not be public but be happy people are working the kinks out especially for free. Maybe buy cyanogenmod developers some coffee and appreciate what they have been doing for thousands of tablet users.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

Reactions: milaq and BIGSimon

BIGSimon

Jan 19, 2012
Barnsley
Sup fellas. I've been running nightly for a month now and I couldn't be happier. I only have one issue.
Why are all my apps constantly running in the background even when I never opened them or used them? I close them using go task manager but they come back up.

Is there any apps I should download to help me? Also, what are some recommended apps or setting I should use to get optimal performance on my touchpad.

Some apps are started by other services and apps, you don't need a task manager in ICS it has its own just press the recent apps button on the task bar and swipe away any that you want to close
As for apps most are personal preference but you need a file manager like es file explorer or root explorer and for performance a CPU manager like setcpu or no frills all of which are on the play store

kalala

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks for the clarification, guys.

For the values set on SetCPU, I have mine at 1782 max and 862, or so, as the min. It's also set at "performance." I find this to work best in preventing the random reboots.

But about the other settings, especially in the "developer options" section, is there anything I should enable/disable to keep this tablet running smoothly? Enable "Force GPU rendering" or editing the transition animation scale?

huggy2008

Mar 11, 2009
Hello,

thanks for your answers.

Settings/storage/ tap the three dots at top right of screen then tap USB computer connection then tick Media device (MTP) then connect to the pc
-> already tried (sorry forgot to write) but still no connection...WIN7 allways say no driver ... with or without debug option

Where can I found som fixes, do you have some Link to download or to check ?

An additional problem I'm using QQPlayer on my DHD its installed on my Touchpad too, but no video star playing screen remains black !?!?

I dont want to push anybody from Cyanogenmod, they are working for free....can I donate on their Homepage ?

best regards huggy

Last edited:

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
Do you have Android Debugging checked in Dev options? If you do uncheck it MTP. will work.

qbanways

Oct 4, 2011
South Florida
Do you think we can ever get the kind of battery life we get with web os? My battery drains even when its not in use. I turn off the wifi but that doesn't help.

Adan.Mejia3

Feb 4, 2011
Do you think we can ever get the kind of battery life we get with web os? My battery drains even when its not in use. I turn off the wifi but that doesn't help.

I don't have the same problem man. My battery drains pretty slowly when not in use and that's with wifi on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

qbanways

Oct 4, 2011
South Florida
I don't have the same problem man. My battery drains pretty slowly when not in use and that's with wifi on.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Any settings or scripts you got going on. I just have the nightly and I didn't do anything to it. I have no issues like random reboots or things not working properly like other people have complained about.

The battery drains around 25 % - 30 % overnight. While on web is it drains 5 % when sleeping overnight.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    debut11-150x150.png

This thread is reserve for nightly build of Cyanogen Mod Rom for Hp Touchpad
    You can report and discuss all issue you are having with nightly build here.

What are Nightly build ? : auto compil build from the CyanogenMod github, each time there are new corrections on it.
    This version change each night, and aren't support officialy, if you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here.

Warning: Not for new user, flash this build only if you know what you are doing !!!

There are no Google Apps bundled with CM ROMs, because Google asked Cyanogen to remove copyrighted apps from his roms,
    after flashing rom don't forget to flash Google Addon package if you want it.

Lastest version: CM9...

Download: http://goo.gl/aFjfO
    MD5Sum: check the md5 under the files named associate with your build version before flashing it

Google Addon:
    http://goo.gl/Mc4wb >Check the lastest package available on top
    MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it

USEFUL
    http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Barebones clean your rom to make space
    http://goo.gl/jPvnw Camera progress ; Test ROM CM9+working camera : http://goo.gl/JJS3Z
    ACME Installer 3
    CHANGELOG What's new in this version :
    http://cm9log.appspot.com/?device=tenderloin
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#tenderloin/cm9/next
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=tenderloin
    http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:ics,n,z
    http://jenkins.cyanogenmod.com/

If you have issue with this rom just WIPE ALL and try again.

>>>Please don't report bug if you don't use stock CM9 kernel!<<<

Official Cyanogenmod forum for HP Touchpad - http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/504-hp-touchpad/
    deserves what? a pat on the back for coming in at the last moment to help? i've been following the other guy. he has literally spent months trying to get this to work on his own. 90/10 is pretty accurate from what i have seen.

We are not going to have this discussion anymore, jcscullins has done so much for our device (...moboot?!) that suggesting otherwise is ignorant. Dorregaray is doing amazing work with the camera, many developers (dalingrin, jcsullins, verygreen..come to mind) have been contributing over the last year to bringing us CM7, CM9 and CM10 and what they deserve, at the very least is our gratitude.

XDA is a development forum for developers and those that want to learn, NOT a popularity contest ran by trolls.

I think that dalingrin said it best;

You can view some of the developers who are involved by simply glancing through the commit history in the device git repository, going all the way back to CyanogenMod 7. However, keep in mind that some code may have been written by one person, refined by others, and committed by yet another, generally with acknowledgement in the commit notes.

Really though. It’s about the work and the fun, not the credit.

krook6023 (moderator)
    latest nightly

cm-9-20130714-NIGHTLY is now available.

Some notable changes:

Security fixes (esp. related to the "Master Key Exploit")

Reworked headphone switch detection.
    - Hopefully, this will help those with "loss of audio" issues.

Disabled Palm oom-restart (Out of Memory Restart).
    - Hopefully, this will help with "random reboots" related to OOM in certain circumstances.

Enabled power_profile.
    - Settings/Battery will show power usage stats

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Do you recommend we wipe and reflash or just flash over 5/12 nightly?

Just flash should be fine.
    I installed 5-22 nightly. I did not have any wifi connection problems previously except after sleep sometimes I needed to shut wifi on and off. After installing the 5-22 nightly wifi is not in range even after forgetting it. Anyone else having issues with this nightly?

For those having issues with wifi on 20120522, please do a couple of things:

1) Make sure the Wifi Sleep Policy is set such that Wifi is kept on always
    Go to Settings/Wifi
    Select the three dots in top right corner and Advanced
    Select "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep"
    Select "Always"

2) Flash the following from recovery:
    http://goo.im/devs/jcsullins/cmtouchpad/misc/update-cm-9-tenderloin-reset_wifi-signed.zip
    (This will erase all existing wifi settings/files under /data/misc/wifi)

Then try re-establishing your wifi connection.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

It's awesome seeing some of the other builds now having screen off audio fix. I am curious if the battery usage is increased with this fix on this build. Can anyone verify how the battery is? In our build its losing between 1.5%-2% per hour on some while in sleep mode, after pulling logcat info we noticed alsa sound related stuff.

My opinion its worth it to have audio fixed, but would be nice to hear from you guys so we can start working on better battery saving mods.

Thanks and good work cm.

Leo

Sent from my HTCEVO3D using Tapatalk

Thanks.

It was a great relief to finally find the root cause of (and fix for) the problem.

No, you should not see any additional battery drain during sleep (unless audio is actually being played).

You can see the fix here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/16316
    Is there a fix for the master key exploit for CM9 on the Touchpad?

That fix should be included in the next "nightly" build.

That build is in the queue and should be available later today.