Invalid Odin Tar Image for Verizon Note 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the Odin Tar Image for the Note 2......

..... Start playing around with it.... see if you can root it or at least get a head start on the getting around locked bootloader

..........Enjoy.......
    :laugh::fingers-crossed::eek::victory::D
    Wont work on the verizon version...superuser has to be injected into the odin image because of the locked bootloader. If we had a working image invisiblek, mr.robinson, or beans would inject root into it and we root would be achieved, just like the s3 did.

ok....
    Here's what i'm uploading. I took the old image and root injected like I do all the others. My only concern is this leaked image is not in the same format of things that all the other Note 2 releases have. Makes it seem not "kosher" to me in some way. Like the cache size was weird and the tz is a tz.img and usually is a tz.mbn ... etc, just a bunch of oddities. Anyway i set the cache to only wipe cache and not data so attempting to flash this with Odin shouldn't harm you. It'll work or it won't.

Because of those oddities i'm also uploading JUST the system img that is root injected and potentially will be flashable with Odin.
    So I guess people can try these and report back. Honestly I'd try just the system img first. Cause if that works you'd have everything from release but the system img which isn't a big deal.

Full stock leak, root injected: root66_VZW_I605VRLI3.7z - will not post now

Just system stock leak, root injected: root66_VZW_I605VRLI3_system.7z
    sounds good sir...ill be patiently waiting!

almost there... relinking a bunch of binaries in system/bin to toolbox. then will package and upload. just have to do that manually.
    anyone know if this is the shipped os? im gonna start working on deodex/custom roms.. i dont have the phone yet.. gonna sell droid razr and incredible and hopefully get some donations toghether to get me one of these.. if u dont know i make the "jellyBeans" rom for the verizon s3 and am a member of miui.us and team liquid..

ps any donations to help me get this device would be greatly appreciated but arent required.. ill hopefully find a way lol

this is a preview of my latest rom for s3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_kB6AvWEY&feature=g-u-u
    ROOT ACHIEVED!!!! THANKS MrROBINSON!!!! I flashed the system only version and successfully booted up! i got alot of force closes, but it settled in. I suggest a data wipe from stock recovery...will post a guide with proper instructions shortly!!!