[MOD] Auto Correct and Uses System Font for Samsung Keyboard

Search This thread

blackfire2802

Feb 6, 2007
Hello,

Just flashed it, but the keyboard dissapeared completely, I can see it in /system/app but nothing happens....even tried to replace the apk and the odex but still no success....

I'm on stock ROM XXDLK7 rooted and CWM

Please help!!!

Thank you

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hello,

Just flashed it, but the keyboard dissapeared completely, I can see it in /system/app but nothing happens....even tried to replace the apk and the odex but still no success....

I'm on stock ROM XXDLK7 rooted and CWM

Please help!!!

Thank you

Delete the SamsungIME.odex

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BoostedB18C

Sep 19, 2012
San Jose
Will try it in a few minutes....Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Still the same problem....Only voice input....no keyboard.....

Go into settings then input, uncheck voice input and then try to type something. Once you can type, you can go back and check voice input or leave it off. I never use voice input anyway

Reactions: Rendition77

gabi9898

Jul 9, 2013
i can't get the keyboard to work

Hey guys. I got a note 2 and a problem. I recently changed my rom to ProBAM. The problem is that now i don't have the original note 2 kryboar but instead i got a multiling keyboard(which sucks by the way)i tried flashing some of those zips but none of them worked. Can you help me? ( sorry for grammar mistakes. Tis keyboard is not so responsive to my speed of writing)
PS: i love the row with numbers

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hey guys. I got a note 2 and a problem. I recently changed my rom to ProBAM. The problem is that now i don't have the original note 2 kryboar but instead i got a multiling keyboard(which sucks by the way)i tried flashing some of those zips but none of them worked. Can you help me? ( sorry for grammar mistakes. Tis keyboard is not so responsive to my speed of writing)
PS: i love the row with numbers

I think ProBam is not samsung based rom.

Androssama

Nov 13, 2012
Visit here for auto correct & reduce long press :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=36567963

Thanks for your answer. I have read that thread already and have issues with it, for example :

- .line 501 doesn't exist in PointerTracker.smali (XXDMF2 and XXDMG1 or even your mod of the ZSDMA6 for that matter), should I add it and where?
- The edits in SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule.smali made the apk not compile in apktool.

Then I did the complete-noob-shot-in-the-dark move and used your 2 smali files from said mod, it compiled with lots of warnings/errors, flashed the resulting apk and ... it worked lol, The system fonts option has been lost though (where is that located by the way)

It would be great if you pointed me to the right direction if that's not too much to ask :)

EDIT: Honest question: I am not anything close to a programmer, I like fiddling with things on my PC (like registry hacks, ini files ...) and I'd love to make my own mods, so I guess my question is can I do this or am I in over my head lol

Last edited:
Reactions: anddog

Arsaw

Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for your answer. I have read that thread already and have issues with it, for example :

- .line 501 doesn't exist in PointerTracker.smali (XXDMF2 and XXDMG1 or even your mod of the ZSDMA6 for that matter), should I add it and where?
- The edits in SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule.smali made the apk not compile in apktool.

Then I did the complete-noob-shot-in-the-dark move and used your 2 smali files from said mod, it compiled with lots of warnings/errors, flashed the resulting apk and ... it worked lol, The system fonts option has been lost though (where is that located by the way)

It would be great if you pointed me to the right direction if that's not too much to ask :)

In pointertracker.smali, you should be able to find three entries for 1f4. Just change it to c8.

For system font, find common/language (there are 2 smalis file with the name "language". Copy both smalis from my mod to yours.

anddog

Aug 28, 2013
Androssama, you're a Noob genius! :) As is Arsaw, of course, and eclipxe and everyone else here! :)

I'm also running the N7100 DDDMG1 version, so I don't think any of the other files work properly and I spent hours trying to make it work (but something about cond_4 and cond_3 seemed to be giving errors in my APK (I even tried even more Noob shots in the dark by changing them to cond_20 and cond_21, but that just crashed the keyboard).

Anyway, finally got it to work by just copying Arsaw's original SwiftkeyQwertyLatinInputModule.smali , as suggested by Androssame, and it worked. Magic! This keyboard is almost better than Swiftkey, I think... Stupid Samsung for disabling their spacebar...

I've attached the new APK file, but I'm not sure whether it will work for others (or if there's a font problem - what was the issue Androssama?).

Not sure if there are any drawbacks with using this hack, rather than modding the MG1 files properly? Do we use some tiny firmware upgrade functionality, or not really (I assume MG1 is a newer version than MA1, for example).

Cheers all!

Ps: Any other newbies struggling with extracting the APK files, etc, I found this is a useful guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39218738&highlight=dependee#post39218738

You'll also need to deodex your original files (in other words, combining the SamsungIME.apk and .odex files into one) - Universal Deodexer I found quite useful there.

Attachments

• SamsungIME.apk
    5.5 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: Arsaw

Top Liked Posts