T-Mobile LTE already in Kansas City!

Search This thread

shafter13

Apr 18, 2013
What are the other settings ?

okay i tried this but im still on 3g what are your complete settings as care as server ports and all the other settings, and what network mode are you on?

It would be awesome if you also could check with your consumer level account.

Create the new APN by copy/pasting everything from the default APN except:

Change APN settings to: fast.t-mobile.com
Change APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

name it whatever maybe T-Mobile USA LTE. Save. Chose it. :)

bob60626

Feb 7, 2013
Chicago
Finally got consistent LTE at home (Rogers Park/Loyola, Chicago), this is on my newer i717. Rooted but stock. I messed around with the *#2263# settings for hspa and apn's but went back to automatic and epc as I was having problems with mms. Fwiw, I get strong AWS speeds on my S2 here and ok 1900 speeds on the Note here (better in Wicker Park).
abeje3at.jpg

Edit- and now I'm getting LTE on North Avenue Beach, where yesterday I was getting low single digits.

Last edited:

fishwiz45

Dec 10, 2007
cleveland area
please help

So ive gone back to my stock gb att rom.
Im using att uclf6 radio(and also tried uclf5) along with attempts using blaze radios as well.
Im using the fast.t-mobile.com apn...
My girl is sitting next to me with lte active and pulling super fast speeds on her gs4.
Im getting my average 7-14 mbps download speeds on speedtest.net

Can somebody give me some ideas of what else i can try to get my rooted i717 lte please. Thx

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IF you dont mind me asking. What does this mean to you?
    I like the techie stuff. For instance, in that screenshot I can see that they're using Band 4 (AWS 1700/2100Mhz), LTE bandwidth is 5Mhz which tells me that the maximum possible download/upload speeds are 37mbps down / 12mbps up in that particular market, EARFCN 2175 means that they're using C block of the AWS spectrum which is 10Mhz slice (5Mhz used for downlink, and 5mhz for uplink).

Most consumers don't care about this kinda stuff, but I do :)

Thanks again! ;)
    Last one getting great speeds!:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
    Yeah I'm using stock ROM rooted with stock modem. I'm pretty sure T-Mobile is using 1900mhz for LTE and ATT uses 1700. Really digging the late though. Download and upload isn't a big concern but the ping has dropped to about half of what it was. Very happy with T-Mobile. I think the lte will spread quickly like their 4G did.

Oh wow this is awesome!!!! Could you please get into your ServiceMode (dial *#0011#) and take a screenshot of your ServiceMode?
    Did you change any of your APN settings in order to access LTE or you're running default epc.tmobile.com ?

Thanks!
    Here's another screenshot of the speedtest.net result saying it was LTE

Stock rooted unlocked i717 on the $30 TMobile plan in Chicago (???). I usually average 10-13 and 2-3. JUST saw these in Wicker Park. I'm going to the TMobile store tomorrow!

satunuze.jpg

Edit-
    edyhemat.jpg

!!!!