Simdo D98T CWM (Play Store)

Search This thread

Raice.f4h

Apr 12, 2013
Leeuwarden
I searched for a cheap phone because I have a happit breaking them. I ordered the Simdo D98T.
When I received the Simdo It came in a nice box. But I was supprised there wasn't any playstore. Only Chinese Markets and Apps. But I can't read a word Chinese so I would love to have the normal Play Store. After a few days searching I got across a Rusian forum. With the help of Google Translate, I figured out how to place CWM and also gapps on the Simdo D98T.

You need SP Flash tool (like every other Chinese phone. Ik used version 13.08. If there is somebody who needs it I can provide a link.
After that you need this files from the Russian guy:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8K6WlfE3JM9Ri1PMDZyTGtlZU0/edit

Open SP Flash tool and load the scatter file that you just downloaded. After the scatter is loaded disable the preloader, it might save your phone.
In case (like mine) the other files are empty, fill the recovery with the CWM image and the boot with the bootimg.

Remove the battery from the phone and connect the USB cable. Be sure you have the drivers installed.
Press the DOWNLOAD button in the flashtool. After inserting the battery it needs a few seconds to install. When a green circle is displayed, you have succesfully installed CWM. Now you can download the matching GAPPS (4.2) and place it on the SD Card of your phone.

Boot to CWM and install GAPPS, No need to delete your data it just works out of the box.

I hope somebody is happy with this small explaination. Sorry for my bad English sometimes. But I hope I helped a few people out. Have fun with Goolge Play and CWM :D

I searched for a cheap phone because I have a happit breaking them. I ordered the Simdo D98T.
When I received the Simdo It came in a nice box. But I was supprised there wasn't any playstore. Only Chinese Markets and Apps. But I can't read a word Chinese so I would love to have the normal Play Store. After a few days searching I got across a Rusian forum. With the help of Google Translate, I figured out how to place CWM and also gapps on the Simdo D98T.

You need SP Flash tool (like every other Chinese phone. Ik used version 13.08. If there is somebody who needs it I can provide a link.
After that you need this files from the Russian guy:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8K6WlfE3JM9Ri1PMDZyTGtlZU0/edit

Open SP Flash tool and load the scatter file that you just downloaded. After the scatter is loaded disable the preloader, it might save your phone.
In case (like mine) the other files are empty, fill the recovery with the CWM image and the boot with the bootimg.

Remove the battery from the phone and connect the USB cable. Be sure you have the drivers installed.
Press the DOWNLOAD button in the flashtool. After inserting the battery it needs a few seconds to install. When a green circle is displayed, you have succesfully installed CWM. Now you can download the matching GAPPS (4.2) and place it on the SD Card of your phone.

Boot to CWM and install GAPPS, No need to delete your data it just works out of the box.

I hope somebody is happy with this small explaination. Sorry for my bad English sometimes. But I hope I helped a few people out. Have fun with Goolge Play and CWM :D

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

But, may I ask you something?. Could you please make a backup of the rom and upload it?

I bought it, and this is the second time that pandawill sent it to me broken. Each time I send it to Pandawill costs me 25€, so I would like to try to fix by myself, because the only solution that they give me is send it back to be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Raice.f4h

Apr 12, 2013
Leeuwarden
Hello,

Thanks for the info.

But, may I ask you something?. Could you please make a backup of the rom and upload it?

I bought it, and this is the second time that pandawill sent it to me broken. Each time I send it to Pandawill costs me 25€, so I would like to try to fix by myself, because the only solution that they give me is send it back to be fixed.

Thanks in advance.

I bought a couple of phones but got scammed. So to not get a bad name around here I gave my phones away. A new phone from an other seller is on it's way to me. When I receive it I will upload it!